“My second stay at this excellent hotel”

Alqush Downtown Hotel
Ranked #128 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Hove, United Kingdom
“My second stay at this excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was my second stay at the Alqush. I chose to go back as I had so enjoyed my first stay. Again, the hotel was found to be spotlessly clean and the reception staff very friendly. They knew I was a returning customer and mentioned this which was nice. This time I had a room at the rear of the hotel which also has an enclosed balcony. Room was lovely and very clean and comfortable. The free WiFi is a very useful bonus which I made use off in my room on both phone and tablet and had no problems with. Bathrooms nice and spacious and lovely powerful shower. Breakfast again was very good. Although a fairly small breakfast area, I had no problem finding space and didn't feel at all rushed to finish and leave. Nice touch is the daily newsletter in different languages so I knew what terrible weather I was missing at home. Good choice for breakfast and I didn't feel hungry at all until lunchtime. The staff are all very friendly and more than happy to help with information and advice. Hotel is about a 10 minute walk from I.P. Pavlova metro station but easy to walk to the centre in about 15 mins. Top tip for your first night there for good food etc at excellent prices if you don't want to hit the centre is Legends bar and restaurant on the same street towards the metro. Have spent many a time there over the years and never disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014
Diana S, Manager at Alqush Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Xian,
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. We appreciate your positive comments and are glad that you spend wonderful holidays with us and became our returning guest. Thank you for mentioning our delicious hot and cold buffet breakfast with wide variety of cereals, yoghurts, dried fruit, nuts, cheese, ham, sausages, eggs, beans, fresh fruit, home-made desserts and other delicatessen. We are glad that you took advantage of our complimentary daily news, you can be sure we will have even more news when you pay us a visit next time!
We wish you all the best and can’t wait to have you back.
Your Hotel in Prague

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed in the Alqush for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. The room was small but comfortable, very clean and the bed was good, too. The breakfast was really nice, a good selection of food and drinks to choose from. The location is ok, it's a few minutes walk to the nearest metro station and the tram stops. Be prepared to pay a deposit for the minibar.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review full of compliments, especially to our cleanliness and the quality and variety of our hot and cold buffet breakfast. We will be looking forward to your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact s directly for special price for regular guests!
We will be looking forward to your visit.
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have chosen this hotel because of the good reviews and also the location, and we were not dissapointed. The Alqush Hotel is located pretty close to the old city (I've stayed in hotels very far from the old city before) and has everything you need close by (supermarket, exchange office, subway...).
We had a room in the back of the hotel so we heard nothing of the main road.
For me the most important thing: the room and especially the bathroom was very clean!
The breakfast was just fine, with everything you need. I don't understand the critics of some users, that the coffee was terrible. I drink a lot of coffee and this coffee was totally ok.

The receptionist was very helpful and gave us some good advises.
Parking spot was pretty expensive but typical for Prague, I guess.

I would recommend this hotel and for sure consider to come back again. Thanks a lot!

Room Tip: The hotel is located on a main road, so you would better chose a room in the back
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Diana S, Manager at Alqush Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,
It makes us happy to hear that you appreciate the standard of our services. You are right about many local stores, but also restaurants being located in the hotel area at non-turistical prices, I think that in combination with our central location is what makes our hotel very likable :) We appreciate your compliments on cleanliness, it is one of our top priorities and we are glad to hear that we are doing fantastic. It is true that we are lucky to be able offer monitored parking place which costs 480 CZK ( approximately 18 EUR) per night, which is considered a great deal in the central area where free parking for others than residents is impossible. Thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor! We hope to have you back soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed in the Alqush for 13 nights for my business trip. It was very good experience, Room was very clean and stylish with all facilities. It is very clean hotel with extremely friendly and helpful staff. I will definitely consider this hotel to stay again. Thanks

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Diana S, Manager at Alqush Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Alqush Downtown Hotel **** for your stay in Prague. It makes us really happy that you provided other traveler with such a detailed review, and that you enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with the accommodation, interior design, breakfast and our helpful staff Thank you for your review!! We can’t wait to have you back so we can make sure you spend another unforgettable holiday with us.
Bratislava, Slovakia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed in the Alqush hotel for 2 nights and I was disappointed a lot by many details. First of all I felt like a suspect. On the arrival I had to pay for the minibar 1000CZK which was a deposit but it was very strictly requested. On the departure the receptionist asked a maid to check the room - very stupid feeling. Pay attention on the tea and coffee which are available in the room but they are not included in the room rate but charged (1 tea bag = 50CZK). I think this is not a standard in a 4 star hotel! I could not sleep properly because there is a train or subway running from the early morning to the night somewere close to the hotel. And I could not watch all the TV programmes that had to be available. I do not think this is a real value for money. You can have a similar hotel in Prague for a much better price.

Room Tip: Higher floors might be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Martin,
First of all we would like to thank you for your comments, as the opinion of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and our main source to improve our facilities and service. Apart from the positive comments for which we thank you, we also appreciate your comment regarding paid mini-bar and coffee. Taking into consideration the attractive prices of accommodation in a top 4* hotel, we do not have mini-bar and coffee/tea complimentary; however, anyone can definitely enjoy it at an affordable price if they want to. The refundable deposit is returned to every guest during check-out unless provided refreshments are consumed, in which case guests of course pay only for what they consume. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to fulfill your expectation next time, please don’t hesitate to contact s directly for a sweet discount.
Your Hotel in Prague
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days with 2 persons. The hotel is a great place to start exploring the City. It takes a 20minute walk to the wencescla Square, 3 min from the nearest subway (which we did not use during our stay). The hotel itself and the room was very clean and neat. Our room was nice and had a large warm bathroom and big windows. The beds were quite firm but Ok. Breakfast was extended but not as good as we had expected it to be from other reviews on this site. People were also very nice and helpful, so i would definitely recommend this place

Dear Guest,
What a wonderful review! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers using Trip Advisor. Our location is often complimented, especially by city break visitors who like to be close to the points of interest. We highly appreciate the time you took to write this review and will be looking forward to your next visit! Once you know when you will be coming, please contact us directly so we provide you with our best offer for regular guests.
Have a great day!
Yekaterinburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I go to Prague often and among many different hotels I stayed in the city Alqush is the best option for me. This time I stayed in Alqush two weeks with my family and we all were happy as usual. We had two rooms on the fourth floor, both nice, clean and full of light. Comfortable beds, very good stylish furniture, tea / coffee facilities and safe box were very handy. Great location and metro makes it easy access to all attractions of Prague. The staff is very friendly and always helpful everywhere: at reception, room cleaning, restaurant. Wi-Fi in the room was OK. The breakfast was very good, but after two weeks looked a bit boring for us already (due to our long stay, not due to the food quality). The only problem is quite expensive parking in front of the hotel, so I had to park my car in garage of another hotel nearby (was cheaper and safe). Important tip - do not park on Legerova street for night, police remove cars often! It is quite expensive to get it back!

There are many great hotels in Prague, but this the best value for money for me and my wife. We hope to stay again here!

Room Tip: The rooms on the highest floor are bit smaller due to mansard roof, so they could be not very suitab...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Konstantin,
Thank you for your positive review, it made our day, especially from a returning guest! We appreciate your compliments on our room design, spacious bathroom, breakfast and lovely staff. It is true that we offer monitored parking place which costs 480 CZK ( approximately 18 EUR) per night, which is considered a great deal in the central area where free parking for others than residents is impossible. We will be looking forward to having you back soon and take care of you again. Please don’t hesitate to let us know once you consider visiting Prague again.