Ankora
US$114
US$175
US$157
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$141
US$325
US$267
Preferred Hotels
US$73
US$71
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmetro stationwenceslas squaregreat locationpavlovaold townnice roomshort walkby footwonderful hotelwithin walking distancehotel is locatedcityprahasinkmicrowavecouchcorridor
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The Ankora Hotel was a great choice for us. We got the luxery double-bed, so the room included a jacuzzi, which was well worth it. the jacuzzi was a little small, but romantically comfortable for two. We enjoyed the hotel and the area, and found it very convenient to jump on the tram each morning. We found using the trams was more convenient, and more fun, than taking the metro (U-bahn). The hotel staff was not overly friendly, but adequately nice. The room included a small mini fridge and kitchenette, which was also a plus. We would consider staying here again when in Prague.

Room Tip: The luxury rooms include a wonderful hot tub!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian L
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed in Ankora for 5 days. It's in two steps from metro station IP Pavlova and tram stop. It was very convenient. Also i like Praha 2.
The interior was quite simple and nice. The bad was large and convenient,
The breakfast was really good: sausages, ham, different kind of cheese, milk, coffee, tea, juices. eggs, salads, bread, butter, cornflakes, fruits.. and so on)
Wifi in the lobby was ok.
The only minus for us that from the corridor (not from the nearby room) you hear every step and word...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AllaPogrebnaya
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice within two weeks. The first time every aspect of my visit was excellent in terms of service, my room and the morning breakfast was the best I had experienced during my travels in Central and Eastern Europe. True the hotel from the exterior looked like it had been created in haste and yes the reception area lacked the space and the décor of an established hotel, however my room was comfortable, air conditioned, modern and the hotel staff were welcoming and attentive.

My next visit was a sharp contrast as my room was now narrow and confined, some of the hotel staff were less than welcoming and I left disappointed that the hotel had not managed to maintain the standards of my previous visit.

The hotel is convenient for the main railway station and the hotel provides a wealth of information about the numerous city tours, some of which will collect from the hotel itself. In addition taxi prices can be negotiated for a reasonable fare, useful in a city where some taxi drivers are only too willing to exploit the vulnerable traveller.

This hotel will appeal to many in terms of budget and location, however this traveller will not be visiting again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Veloview
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Well we stayed at the hotel for 7 nights and booked via booking.com . The interior of the hotel is nice nothing to be left in awe about it but nice. We had a twin bedroom on level 5(very quite) facing the back of the hotel.
What disappointed us the most was that the wifi is ONLY available in the reception area! So anytime you want to check something out you have to get downstairs. One of the receptionists gave us a wire saying that it will connect us to the internet from the laptop in our room.When we tried it ,it did not work.When we asked for help, none was given. The reply was : oh then I don`t know.Also if you want coffee or tea there`s a coffee vending machine downstairs. Regarding ironing the service runs between 7am-3pm ,I didn`t bother to ask if it was of an extra charge. And please don`t forget to take shampoo with you cause none was provided you`ll just find a blue body wash in the bathroom. Breakfast is basic( 3 selection of cereal,3/4 selection of bread, tasteless scrambled egg and cold overcooked boiled egg, oily bacon and sausages, coffee /teas/ cappuccino, cured meat and cheeses, vegetables,and 3 types of fruit. )
Now the staff of Hotel Ankora : The maids are very nice they smile and say hello. The waiters(all) and receptionists(not all of them)-it`s another story. Once at breakfast I asked a waitress for two cereal bowls, she stopped looked at me threw her hands in mid-air and stared at me.I asked her again politely thinking that maybe she didn`t understand me and told me ' one minute! one minute! ' . Mind you she only got out Two bowls! Another day I found out I lost my mobile,so I went downstairs asking for help to the night receptionist(around 5am)who was smoking inside.He told me 'Hmm....(pause,took a puff from the cigarette ever so slowly) maybe we could call the police ' ...On another time we asked for a suggestion for a pub nearby the hotel.The reply was ' get down the road 200m'.We never found it. Oh well I am pretty tired of writing all this down.....
All in all the hotel is nice, location is good close to tram, metro and some shops/restaurants.So it`s a shame that the staff and some facilities are in great need of changing

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank IonaB91
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had a two night stay at the Ankora, which was ideally situated for all the major attractions. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and for a budget hotel, it really was very pleasant. Air conditioning was good, TV was in all rooms, and there was a mini bar. Wi-Fi was only available in the lobby and not in your room which was disappointing, but I would not hesitate to go there again when I next return to Prague. There was a superb coffee shop just outside the main entrance, and my only real disappointment was that the breakfast wasn't really to my likeing.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, and it was a very quiet floor to be on.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends