I have been to Prague 4 times now (two business trips, one stag party and once with my partner), and have stayed in a variety of accommodation ranging from awful on the stag party to absolutely excellent with the Barcelo Hotel.
I found the Hotel Barcelo, Old Town, Prague to be one of the best hotels I have stayed in (ever!).
We travelled as a business group of 7 from 5th-8th May 2011. The hotel has to be in one of the best locations in Prague as it is conveniently only a couple of minutes walk from the old town square, but not too close to hear any noise at night.
My room (501- top floor) was fitted out to a very high standard and was big enough to have the feel of an apartment, but with all the benefits of staying in a hotel.
The staff were excellent, very helpful and always there if you needed them. Special thanks to Adela on reception for allowing me to keep my room key for an extra 1 ½ hours to keep my group’s luggage in until our airport bus arrived at 1pm.
There was free wi-fi in the hotel which I found very useful. I managed to get perfectly acceptable signal in my room on the top floor, but if you were having problems there are plenty of places around the hotel to sit out and relax with your laptop / iphone.
I did not eat at the Hotel except for the breakfast, but I found this to be to a very good standard.
Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. My group have already stated that they found Prague to be one of the best cities they have been to, and combined with the Hotel Barcelo, you can be sure of having one very special and memorable city break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Barceló Old Town Praha is located in the heart of the historic city, in the popular Celetná street next to the famous Powder Tower which is the door to the Old Town of Prague. From there the Kings used to start the coronation ritual through the Royal Road towards the Prague Castle. Barceló Old Town hotel is set within a listed and completely renovated 17th-century building and combines a historic facade with modern amenities. Each of our 62 spacious elegant rooms, in 5 different categories welcomes you with calm and cozy atmosphere with comfortable beds, sober furniture and noble woods. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air-condition, flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. With its ideal location, Barceló Old Town hotel is just a stroll away to some of the city's most popular sightseeing including Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Hradcany Castle and the Astronomical Clock among others. The Palladium Shopping Centre is just a few steps and the luxurious Pařížská street, where all the most prestigious boutiques are, is just 5 minutes walking distance. To complete your experience, discover the magnificant Bohemica Old Town Restaurant specialized in Czech and International Cuisine, where you can enjoy some of the most traditional local meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Old Town Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Old Town Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Boutique Hotel Prague