Arrived at the reception to be greated with a smile and glass of champayne, this coupled with the lovely decor signalled a great start to our holiday. We explained we had booked a double room and was given the keys. We went up to the 1st floor room, which although very nice, was not a double bed but 2 singles pushed together. I personally hate it when hotel's try to do this as it means one of you end up uncomfortable! I called down to the reception, who informed me, in a less friendly tone, that they had no other doubles and if we were unhappy we would have to come downstairs. Not looking forward to the forthcoming discussion but none the less unwilling to settle, my partner and I went back downstairs, where to our suprise without any further conversation we were given a solemn unfriendly look but another key....
We went up to our room and was amazed to find we had been upgraded to the most beautiful suite, with all the mod cons, a huge bathroom, separate WC, separate mini-bar/dressing room, ginormous bed and views over central prague!!! A great result to a complaint, though a smile or apology wouldn't have gone a miss.
The hotel is perfectly positioned for all manner of pubs, clubs, restaurants but most importantly, an ideal base for exploring this fascinating, gorgeous city and all of it's amazing architecture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Barceló Old Town Praha is located in the heart of the historic city, in the popular Celetná street next to the famous Powder Tower which is the door to the Old Town of Prague. From there the Kings used to start the coronation ritual through the Royal Road towards the Prague Castle. Barceló Old Town hotel is set within a listed and completely renovated 17th-century building and combines a historic facade with modern amenities. Each of our 62 spacious elegant rooms, in 5 different categories welcomes you with calm and cozy atmosphere with comfortable beds, sober furniture and noble woods. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air-condition, flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. With its ideal location, Barceló Old Town hotel is just a stroll away to some of the city's most popular sightseeing including Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Hradcany Castle and the Astronomical Clock among others. The Palladium Shopping Centre is just a few steps and the luxurious Pařížská street, where all the most prestigious boutiques are, is just 5 minutes walking distance. To complete your experience, discover the magnificant Bohemica Old Town Restaurant specialized in Czech and International Cuisine, where you can enjoy some of the most traditional local meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Barcelo Old Town Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Old Town Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Boutique Hotel Prague