“great location, perfect service and spacious clean rooms”

Barcelo Old Town Praha
Ranked #87 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 13 November 2011

we went away for the weekend and enjoyed this very nice hotel in the middle of old center of Prague. Service was outstanding, the rooms clean and big and attached was a nice restaurant where they serve good breakfast, lunch and dinner!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank acesNL
Write a ReviewReviews (1,684)

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed 2nights with my family.
They upgraded my room! It was a fantastic experience to stay here!
The room was spacious,modern and comfort. Breakfast menu were fresh and various.
Most of all, location was the best. You can see all the famous landmarks within just a few steps. Subway station and Palladium shopping mall were not far away.
It was not warm enough for me at night, but that was not a big problem for other family members.(Because I can 't stand cold well.)
If I were go to Prague again, I will stay here!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Arrived at the reception to be greated with a smile and glass of champayne, this coupled with the lovely decor signalled a great start to our holiday. We explained we had booked a double room and was given the keys. We went up to the 1st floor room, which although very nice, was not a double bed but 2 singles pushed together. I personally hate it when hotel's try to do this as it means one of you end up uncomfortable! I called down to the reception, who informed me, in a less friendly tone, that they had no other doubles and if we were unhappy we would have to come downstairs. Not looking forward to the forthcoming discussion but none the less unwilling to settle, my partner and I went back downstairs, where to our suprise without any further conversation we were given a solemn unfriendly look but another key....

We went up to our room and was amazed to find we had been upgraded to the most beautiful suite, with all the mod cons, a huge bathroom, separate WC, separate mini-bar/dressing room, ginormous bed and views over central prague!!! A great result to a complaint, though a smile or apology wouldn't have gone a miss.

The hotel is perfectly positioned for all manner of pubs, clubs, restaurants but most importantly, an ideal base for exploring this fascinating, gorgeous city and all of it's amazing architecture.

Enjoy!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hamjunkie1980
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We love Prague stayed here for our 4th stay on NYE and will be returning fantastic hotel

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Excellent position, beautifull suite under the roof with excellent view to old Prague, good breakfast,..........

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed one night in this hotel and had two bad experiences with the staff: I asked about where to buy stamps for my postcards and then they offered me to directly purchase the stamps from them and they will pick the stamps onto the postcards later on. So I paid the stamps and gave them my postcards. In the end the postcards have never arrived, non of the 12 people I adressed them to ever received my postcards.
The other bad experience happend, when I asked them to order a taxi for me to get to a nearby station. The person at the reception called a number and ordered the taxi. It took a while until the taxi finally arrived at the reception. It turned out not to be an official taxi company they called, rather a private person in a private car who finally charged me double as much as the normal official taxi prices were.
However, the rooms were clean and the breakfast was good . Nevertheless, because of two things which happend to me regarding the staff, I would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Vera G
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The location of this hotel is awsome. It's in the middle of old town, you can reach everything within a maximum of 10 minutes. The hotel has really nice and large rooms. For 3 nights we stayed in an deluxe junior suite, which was the only room in the 6th floor. It was really nice, but you had to watch your head...:)
The furniture of this room was very nice ( two flatscreens, four armchairs) and everything perfectly matched.
Only point of critic was the house keeping. The cleaning team did not really clean. on our second day we broke a glass, we pickt up most of the broken piece of glass, but still could find some after cleaning.
The breakfast was good and they had a great choice of different cheese and fruits.

Anyway the stay was nearly perfect and I would highly recoment staying there.

Room Tip: We first had a room on second floor, but we could hear the music of the bar in the first floor ( the...