Visited Prague and stayed at Barcelo for 5nights. Traveled with 4 ppl- including a 9 and 6yr old. The hotel helped us with a private car from the airport, and same to our transit point to Vienna.
-ROOM- Family suite was fantastic. There's a separate bedroom for the adults. There is a powder room near the entrance of the suite, and the shower+tub (separate) separate and in the bedroom. Very very high ceilings, modern furnishings- couch+chair, dining table with 4 chairs. Amenities were clean and kept very tidy. My 6year-old has allergies and had no triggers/no reactions at all.
-VIEW- View of the street and surrounding area is ok. There are a number of groups that stop by the area nearby to enjoy the cubism history including Cubist House of the Black Madonna which is right across the walkway (it's not really a street; not really any vehicles go by on any of the sides).
-LOCATION- Very central location just steps away from the Powder Tower, and couple more steps to the Municipal House for a 5:30 or 8PM concert that our kids just loved! Need to shop? Paladium is across the street from the Municipal House. In the opposite direction lots or great places to eat (I'll post separately)
-FOOD- Ate at the hotel restaurant every morning for breakfast. Good assortment of fruits, cereals, some hot food including an omelet cook-to-order dude. 5-6 drink types, separate coffee/tea sections. Good. The restaurant was a little warm (AC could have been turned up higher) but I asked to open the side windows and fresh air helped.
-SERVICE- Great service. Very helpful and friendly. Jana helped us out...travelers should ask for her!
Enjoy Prague and have a great hotel stay! Just for reference, we are SPG Gold-level members (Westin, W hotel etc).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Barceló Old Town Praha is located in the heart of the historic city, in the popular Celetná street next to the famous Powder Tower which is the door to the Old Town of Prague. From there the Kings used to start the coronation ritual through the Royal Road towards the Prague Castle. Barceló Old Town hotel is set within a listed and completely renovated 17th-century building and combines a historic facade with modern amenities. Each of our 62 spacious elegant rooms, in 5 different categories welcomes you with calm and cozy atmosphere with comfortable beds, sober furniture and noble woods. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air-condition, flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. With its ideal location, Barceló Old Town hotel is just a stroll away to some of the city's most popular sightseeing including Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Hradcany Castle and the Astronomical Clock among others. The Palladium Shopping Centre is just a few steps and the luxurious Pařížská street, where all the most prestigious boutiques are, is just 5 minutes walking distance. To complete your experience, discover the magnificant Bohemica Old Town Restaurant specialized in Czech and International Cuisine, where you can enjoy some of the most traditional local meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Barcelo Old Town Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Old Town Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Boutique Hotel Prague