This high end hotel located in the old town of Prague city centre is only 200yds from the main square. Once inside, it is apparent that the hotel has a quality and innovative finish, with clever use of glass and steel complementing the old building, original features have been restored and enhanced but giving an overall contempary feel.
The reception is bright and spacious, landings are also bright and comfortable. As the building surrounds a courtyard, all public areas have windows making a bright and energy efficient space. My room was upgraded to a junior suite, it was fantastic, there were 2 bedrooms on 2 floors and 2 bathrooms plus a dining area.
Attention to detail by maintenance was faultless, fixtures were high end, oak flooring, expensive curtains and contemporary imaginative bathrooms.
I approached reception on a few occations for assistance, all staff were very smart, friendly, proffesional, knowledgable and eiger to help.
Breakfast was held in the smart resteraunt, I didnt see any other british people in the hotel so it would explain why the hot food available was limited, the orange juice appeared to be cordeal, which was a tad disappointing. The traditional continental fayre of pastries, meats, cheese and fruits was very good.
A bit unfair of me to be critical but an ironing board and iron in each room would be welcomed. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Barceló Old Town Praha is located in the heart of the historic city, in the popular Celetná street next to the famous Powder Tower which is the door to the Old Town of Prague. From there the Kings used to start the coronation ritual through the Royal Road towards the Prague Castle. Barceló Old Town hotel is set within a listed and completely renovated 17th-century building and combines a historic facade with modern amenities. Each of our 62 spacious elegant rooms, in 5 different categories welcomes you with calm and cozy atmosphere with comfortable beds, sober furniture and noble woods. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air-condition, flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. With its ideal location, Barceló Old Town hotel is just a stroll away to some of the city's most popular sightseeing including Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Hradcany Castle and the Astronomical Clock among others. The Palladium Shopping Centre is just a few steps and the luxurious Pařížská street, where all the most prestigious boutiques are, is just 5 minutes walking distance. To complete your experience, discover the magnificant Bohemica Old Town Restaurant specialized in Czech and International Cuisine, where you can enjoy some of the most traditional local meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Old Town Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Old Town Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Boutique Hotel Prague