Barcelo Old Town Praha
  • Restaurant
Metamorphis(Prague)
  • Free Internet
1,772 results
All reviewsjunior suiteold towngreat locationglass of sparkling winepowder toweron arrivalrecommend this hotelexcellent hotelseparate toiletmodern hotelan upgradenice roombeautiful citycentral locationthe main squarereception staffcoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Glass of bubbly on arrival, with very friendly reception staff who were keen to tell us where to go and what to do. We chose the junior suite which has a bedroom upstairs from the living area and a lovely quality en suite shower and view on the Tŷn Cathedral on Old Town Square. Downstairs there in an additional toilet, wardrobe ( bit daft it isn't upstairs) and seating area. The seats were formal and not for lounging around on - but with everything literally outside the front and rear door of the hotel, why would you? The cleanliness is excellent - a lot of floor space and exposed wooden beams for dust but there was none. One special touch - my partner mentioned we were here for the weekend because it was my birthday. Came in later in the day to find a chocolate cake, bottle of bubbly and a lovely letter from the hotel (also offering 20% off dinner)! Overall, this was the perfect choice for Prague - the hotel made us feel welcome and that's special nowadays. Strangely, the hotel felt empty because it is very well insulated - even though we knew it was busy with all the breakfast guests! We will be back to Prague and to the hotel - stunning city and Barcelo Old Town Praha made it perfect

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for a week, part business meeting (using the hotel meeting space) and part holiday with my wife. We had a great time.
The location is ideal - easy walk to Old Town Square, right in the heart of things.
Staff friendly and helpful, went out of their way to make the stay pleasant.
Food in the restaurant and catering g for the meeting was delicious and very generous.
Room comfortable, windows that open so you can get fresh air!
Bed very comfortable.
I will definitely stay here again if I'm back in Prague.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShaneH13
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

This high end hotel located in the old town of Prague city centre is only 200yds from the main square. Once inside, it is apparent that the hotel has a quality and innovative finish, with clever use of glass and steel complementing the old building, original features have been restored and enhanced but giving an overall contempary feel.
The reception is bright and spacious, landings are also bright and comfortable. As the building surrounds a courtyard, all public areas have windows making a bright and energy efficient space. My room was upgraded to a junior suite, it was fantastic, there were 2 bedrooms on 2 floors and 2 bathrooms plus a dining area.
Attention to detail by maintenance was faultless, fixtures were high end, oak flooring, expensive curtains and contemporary imaginative bathrooms.
I approached reception on a few occations for assistance, all staff were very smart, friendly, proffesional, knowledgable and eiger to help.
Breakfast was held in the smart resteraunt, I didnt see any other british people in the hotel so it would explain why the hot food available was limited, the orange juice appeared to be cordeal, which was a tad disappointing. The traditional continental fayre of pastries, meats, cheese and fruits was very good.
A bit unfair of me to be critical but an ironing board and iron in each room would be welcomed. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were accidentally placed here because our actual hotel had trouble with our room for the night. We were placed in a suite, which was almost bigger than our own house. It had wonderful soaking bath tub, large living area and comfortable bed. The bath was especially wonderful since traveling involving a lot of walking is hard on the body. The location was perfect. It has exit straight out into a famous old town streets and just moments away from great sights such as powder gate, old town square and charles bridge.

Room Tip: If you don't mind splurge, I'd highly recommend getting a suite (at least for a night)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vamsally
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Me and my husband stayed there for his birthday in February--- yes it is already a few months ago, and I still am thinking about how great this hotel was! The staff had been very responsive and attentive prior to our arrival as I had tried to arrange for a surprise for his birthday via email. Everything went perfect. Sparkling wine upon arrival, an upgraded room, bottle of sparkling wine and a cake in the room... And lets not forget about the sparkling wine at breakfast. ;-) It was all great, and I would honestly recommned this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic Prague getaway. The location is perfect and the service very good. I really am looking forward to coming back!

Room Tip: I really liked the city-view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple