Spent 4 nights at this hotel earlier this month. The hotel arranged a taxi pick up from the airport and also for our return to the airport.
We arrived around 2pm. Registration was quick and friendly and our luggage was brought to the room.
The room was large, with twin beds and a good size bathroom. There was a shower over the bath and my criticism of this is that the bath side to climb in for a shower is high. On the whole the room was clean and tidy although it was evident that the shelving in the unit that housed the fridge had not been dusted recently. Plenty of hanging space for clothing and a safe for valuables, although being at floor level this was not easy to access.
We had breakfast 3 out of the 4 days we were there. On the first morning, a Monday, they did seem to be dis-organised and some items on the buffet had not been replenished. This included cutlery. The other two mornings were fine with a wide choice of food.
We did not otherwise eat at the hotel other than drinks/snacks in the cafe area in the alley adjacent to reception. Service there was at times a little slow.
Overall the hotel was good and an excellent location for the old town with major points of interest being in easy walking distance. Also plenty of restuarants and cafes in the area
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Barceló Old Town Praha is located in the heart of the historic city, in the popular Celetná street next to the famous Powder Tower which is the door to the Old Town of Prague. From there the Kings used to start the coronation ritual through the Royal Road towards the Prague Castle. Barceló Old Town hotel is set within a listed and completely renovated 17th-century building and combines a historic facade with modern amenities. Each of our 62 spacious elegant rooms, in 5 different categories welcomes you with calm and cozy atmosphere with comfortable beds, sober furniture and noble woods. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air-condition, flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. With its ideal location, Barceló Old Town hotel is just a stroll away to some of the city's most popular sightseeing including Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Hradcany Castle and the Astronomical Clock among others. The Palladium Shopping Centre is just a few steps and the luxurious Pařížská street, where all the most prestigious boutiques are, is just 5 minutes walking distance. To complete your experience, discover the magnificant Bohemica Old Town Restaurant specialized in Czech and International Cuisine, where you can enjoy some of the most traditional local meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Old Town Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Old Town Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Boutique Hotel Prague