We arrived at the reception desk at the Barcelo to be told that our room was unavailable because of an electrical problem. Although we were never really told exactly what the problem was, we were relocated to the close by 5 star Hotel Bohemia for no extra cost. The reception staff promised us an upgrade the following day, when, we were assured our room would be available. We spent a very pleasant evening at the Bohemia and then explored the beautiful city of Prague the following day. When we returned to the Barcelo we were welcomed by the reception staff but we had forgotten about the promise of an upgrade. We were given our room key (we thought for a double room) and upon entering the room were astounded that we had been given the hotels biggest suite. The room was luxurious, including a great sound system & sunken jacuzzi. However, perhaps the nicest touch, was that staff had left us a plate of cold meats & a bottle of fizzy wine. We really appreciated the gesture - we had hardly suffered the night before after all. We would certainly return to the Barcelo, room relocation aside, it represents great value. The food is good in the restaurant too, which is more that can be sais for many of the eateries we visited (maybe we were unlucky). We had a great time in Prague, and the Barcelo is brilliantly located. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Barceló Old Town Praha is located in the heart of the historic city, in the popular Celetná street next to the famous Powder Tower which is the door to the Old Town of Prague. From there the Kings used to start the coronation ritual through the Royal Road towards the Prague Castle. Barceló Old Town hotel is set within a listed and completely renovated 17th-century building and combines a historic facade with modern amenities. Each of our 62 spacious elegant rooms, in 5 different categories welcomes you with calm and cozy atmosphere with comfortable beds, sober furniture and noble woods. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air-condition, flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. With its ideal location, Barceló Old Town hotel is just a stroll away to some of the city's most popular sightseeing including Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Hradcany Castle and the Astronomical Clock among others. The Palladium Shopping Centre is just a few steps and the luxurious Pařížská street, where all the most prestigious boutiques are, is just 5 minutes walking distance. To complete your experience, discover the magnificant Bohemica Old Town Restaurant specialized in Czech and International Cuisine, where you can enjoy some of the most traditional local meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Old Town Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Old Town Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Boutique Hotel Prague