“My favourite business destinaiton”

Barcelo Old Town Praha
Ranked #91 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Newly refurbished old Prague building in the heart of historical city centre. Simple and not disturbing design, modern equipment, comfort king size beds, large bathrooms and mainly shower baths and also silent air conditioning - this mix provides the best opportunity how to relax after challenging day.
Niceness of service in reception and hotel restaurant is a matter of course and glass of sparkling wine (or hot wine during Christmas) delights your arrival.
Breakfast are rich buffet and you can get Nespresso there. I also tried lunch in their restaurant which was good but it it took quite a long time to prepare it (as they are used to serve A la carte menus, I think).

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,715)

Reviewed 7 January 2010

I stay in Barceló Old Town Prague hotel in Celetna street very often. It´s situated in the heart of Prague, so on foot you can discover the beauties of Prague. The hotel is very nice, as well as people working there. There is also a good restaurant there. I can only recommend!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I have to be very often in Prague and this hotel is my second home!!! The nearly all last year I spent in this hotel. The main reason why I and my colleagues choose Barceló Old town hotel was the location (excellent), than the service, quality of accommodation, very willing and flexible reception clerks. I am looking forward for every stay due to unique rooms.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2010

We passed 5 nights in the Barcelo Old Town Hotel, in Prague, during the 2009 Christmas holidays. The location of the hotel is fantastic, just 5 min walking from the Old Town Square.
The room was big and confortable. Bath was very well cleaned aswell.
The behaviour of the hotel staff was very polite and sympathetic. They have a transport service to the Airport which pick us up.
We had dinner on Christmas eve at the restaurant. The menu and the service were excellent.
I highly recommend this hotel if you wanna to come to Prague. It was a great choice.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JesusFuen
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Stayed here between Christmas and New Year. The hotel was one of the nicest we have stayed at; upon arrival, the receptionist was welcoming (it was very cold outside and we were offered mulled wine on arrival). The room itself was on the first floor, had a large dressing area, lounge and bedroom with bathroom and separate toilet. The room was very spacious, clean and modern. Breakfast was included and was a nice way to start the day (even sparkling wine was available). The location is perfect, less than a couple of minutes walk from Old Town square. I cannot fault this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone who is travelling to Prague.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank superleague2005
Reviewed 2 January 2010

I love the architecture of this hotel, the layout of their rooms and location. It's located a stone's throw from the Powder Tower and Old Town Square. You can't get any closer to the action. The room is clean and layout is excellent; though their floors are a bit slippery, so be careful, esp. if you have kids. In terms of service, the receptionists are generally very friendly (lent me a few adapters), but refused to help mail a postcard even with me offering to pay more than what a stamp would cost. Finally, I had to take a cab to the post office (who has the time to visit the post office while on holiday?). Would have been excellent if service is more flexible and adaptable to the client's needs.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xksb
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Just stayed in this hotel for 5 nights, overall it was a very good hotel, especially the room, bed, bathroom were excellent. But there were many things that could be improved if this hotel wants to stay in the top 20.

The WiFi didn't work for the first day in our room. When I called the reception and asked for a network cable, the first answer was why couldn't I use the WiFi and they had only one network cable in the hotel. After explaining, I was asked to come to recieption to the get the network cable by myself, I'm fine with it but unfortunately the wired network did't work either. After calling the reception again, a so-called technician was sent to our room, but this guy, who did't speak any english, seemed can only do the plug/un-plug the cable and nothing else. The actual problem was that my notebook could connect to network but the DHCP server couldn't give me an IP address. After serveral minutes ueseless try, the guy gave up and the final answer I was given by the reception was that there were 2 public computers in the loby which I should use them. I was quite disappointed when they just gave up helping the guest whithout a real technical anaylisis.
But from the second day both the wired and wireless networks were working fine which I believed that some one had restarted the router.

I was RUDELY stopped by a security guard to check my guest card at the entrance of the hotel one afternoon when I went back from the old square. I directly told him it was very rude to stop a guest like that which can be done in a better way.

Room service can be improved. Our room was not cleaned one day which was not acceptable for a 4-star hotel!

Breakfeast was good, but not excellent. And it was very crowded when close to 10am.

The staff was not warm and kind of indifferent. I hardly saw a smile face in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family