“Ideal Hotel in Ideal Location in Ideal City”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #51 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Miami, Florida
“Ideal Hotel in Ideal Location in Ideal City”
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Very pleased with my 6 night stay at this lovely and charming hotel. The location was fantastic--on a quiet street within close proximity (i.e. between 2-10 minute walk) to most areas I spent the majority of my time at while in Prague. The entire staff was first rate, pleasant, and accomodating. The room was simply magnificient--state of the art creature comforts and attention to detail. I particularly looked forward to the evening turn down service that included truffles and quiche as well as the Bang and Olufson entertainment system that included wonderful Buddha Bar soundtracks. This is a true boutique hotel with a limited number of rooms that assures guests they will receive prompt attention from the front desk for any and all needs.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Prague--a true 5 star experience in a perfectly situated section of the city. If King Wencelas were still alive, he would make the Budda-Bar Hotel his castle.

5 Thank elchevere

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Lovely & romantic Hotel, it was my first time to Prague and was a good selection.
Close to everything site views & resturants.
The room is too romantic & everything is under your hand by clcik on the remote control.
I love it & my wife too.

1 Thank Wael-anfenan
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 13 May 2011

what a hotel, i dont htink this property needs any review, any rating, no talks. one should just go and wrap your self in the most stunning rooms this hotel has to offer. thankfully we were there only for a night else we would have not done any sight seeing as we would not feel like getting out of our room. it has everything you need to make a perfect romatic getaway. I would not like to describe further and kill the experience. Be there to feel it!!!

1 Thank anu1981
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I was in Frankfurt for a conference and was taking a flight from Budapest to Asia. I have never been to Prague and decided to stop over for 2 nights.
The interiors of the hotel gave me the impression of an old Chinese opium house. It reminds me of the movie "The Last Emperor". The decoration is done in excellent details.
The room is comfortable and thoughtful with nice amenities. They use B&O television and SubZero refrigerators although the fridge is quite noisy and did bother me a bit. Bathroom is large with nice big tub and separate shower stall. I really do not have anything to complain about the bathroom.
Great ambience in the restaurant and bar. However, I would only describe their food as sub-PF Chang quality.
This is not the best hotel I've ever stayed but I would recommend this place to anybody visiting Prague. BB Hotel is a themed luxurious hotel which do live up to expectations. The design is not my preferred style but its a fresh detour from the standard comfy luxury.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 May 2011

From the time we were picked up in the airport - service great. And as this trip was a treat from my husband for my birthday we were in great spirits and due to the reviews on tripadvisor were looking forward to getting to the hotel
Upon arrival reception staff etc were really good and through out our stay the staff in the hotel were very courteous and pleasant. The room was nice and yes I agree with others the lighting in the hotel is dark but you get used to it.
A few small issues: the bathrobes were faded and felt hard to touch - would not put them on. The shower had no door and a towel was put on front but sometimes in the afternoons there was a smell of damp when we arrived back. And my biggest issue is the hotel is so dark but the velux windows in our room had little blinds etc on them and we were awake every day from 6am due to the sunlight we tried to put pillows over our heads etc to get better sleep. Because of this issue alone - I am not sure if I would stay again. When away from the children we do like to stay in bed a bit later in the mornings. Def beyond 6am.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2011

This hotel is in the centre of the old town of Prague. The thoughtfulness of the stay is very touching from the rooms to the the service and the friendly staff.
My partner and I could not fault this hotel and though priced at the top end was very worth the experience which was lovely. It was a magical stay in a city that is gorgeous, we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Book as early as you can...months in advance
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Cheshire, England
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Visited to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. From the moment the hotel's car met us at the airport we were looked after beautifully by the hotel's staff. The incense smell as soon as you enter the building and the discreet lighting and beautiful furnishings complement the theme perfectly. Our room was wonderful and breakfast very good; the bar very intimate and romantic. We were given delicious chocolates on our anniversary and the roses I'd ordered were in a vase in the room on arrival. The small gym was ideal for my requirements.
Staff were at all times very friendly, helpful and professional; nothing was too much trouble.
Only small quibbles were the heat in the room which the aircon did not seem to diminish, and we both managed to stub our toes on the bed base, which was very dark in a fairly dark room; maybe our eyesight is not what it was!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple