“Absolutely amazing”

Ranked #51 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Beirut
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Amazing hotel in the heart of the old town. Lovely modern room with great bath tub and outstanding service. Very friendly staff and I would especially like to thank Majdi Hamdani for his warm welcome and unparallel hospitality, he really made us feel at home ..
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wishes to have an exceptional experience in a beautiful city ...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank didadette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
bahrain
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel and it was a bliss. Its one of the best and different 5 star hotels in Prague city. It was near the old town square. The bed was divine and comfy, bathrooms was sexy...They had pillow menu, if you did not like the standard pillows. The bathroom products use were excellent, had great smell. They had inbulit televison in the bathroom. They hand bang & olfun products for television. The cupboards were nice, big and spacious. Everynight you would receive different kinds of good night chocolates. They were yummy. It was our 10th anniversary celebration and we received a nice chocolate box. Service was excellent, friendly stuff. Hotel was located near the shopping area. You must visit this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
los angeles
Reviewed 11 September 2011

This is probably our most favorite hotel that we've ever stayed in. Everything about it was amazing. We were given a room on the corner of the 3rd floor which has a terrace. There are a lot of light switches in the room so you can customize your lighting. The drapes are remote control. The bed was heavenly. The decor is rich in Asian tones, if you like red you will love it here. The hallways are dark, the room numbers are illuminated on the floor in front of each room. The only thing they can improve on is perhaps the lighting in the bathroom could be brighter, it is quite difficult to see in there. The a la carte breakfast in their cafe was quite good. Staff is always pleasant and helpful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed just 3 nights in this hotel and it was bliss. The bed was divine and we did not want to get out to see the city for a single moment we stayed.But when we did venture out we soon wanted to get back to our city haven. This was the sexiest get away I have ever had! The bar was also super cool! The only thing we could fault here was a breakfast that was boring and not at the standard of a hotel in this class. Will be back for another little honeymoon here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This hotel is simply marvelous. I loved the dim lights and calm surroundings. The staff was exceptionally friendly, helpful and spoke fluent English. They arranged great tours and catered to my every need.

The room was superbly comfy. There is a pillow menu if you don't like the standard issues on the bed. The bed was fabulous. The tub is huge and offers a view of a hidden TV behind the mirror. Only a few English stations (news) so I opted for the tranquil music instead. Plush towels. The robes looked slightly worn. I believe they use L'Occitane bath products.

The A/C in room 28 worked well and kept the room super cool with the door to the foyer closed. Slight traffic noise but was quiet with the double windows closed. With the heavy drapes closed and the phone in the drawer, the room was pitch black, so my slumber was wonderful!!!

They offered me a tasty elderflower cocktail as a welcome drink. The have great turn down service with an amuse bouche (such as an egg roll, pastry) and 2 boxed chocolates (dark & milk). Beautiful orchid petals decorate the room.

Of note, I asked the hotel to send a car to the train station to pick me up. They sent the car but the driver said he never saw me. The email I received siad the driver would meet me in the 'great hall." If you try to arrange for a car, I would recommend that you name a more specific meeting place. The main train station is surprisingly big and busy. I would recommend that the driver meet you at an easy-to-find spot such as the Burger King or ATM or one of the shops. "Great hall" is too big to be able to connect wiht one another. The hotel originally said that I would have to pay for the driver anyway, but after I explained the situaion, they were able to resolve the issue with the car company and I was not charged. Obviously, the mix up was NOT the fault of the hotel. I just thought I'd mention it to future travelers.

Room Tip: Room 28 was spot-on perfect. Not big, but super cool, quiet and comfy!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Dubai
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Stayed for 3 nights. Great red color romantic hotel. Good hitec features in the room. Friendly staff.
Had a great time in prague staying in Buddha Bar Hotel.
Strongly recommend this.!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

After reading the amazing reviews on trip advisor our expectations of the hotel were beyond high, when we arrived we were not disappointed!

We had arranged to use the hotels transfer service both to and from the airport, so on our arrival in Prague the driver was waiting for us, he was extremely friendly and the Audi he picked us up in was lush.

The hotel itself was simply amazing, the staff were polite, approachable and genuinely very nice. They even let us stay in our room for several hours after check-out time allowing us to watch the royal wedding before our flight home, something most hotels would just love to charge you extra for!

Buddha-Bar hotel was relaxed, luxurious and unlike many 5 star hotels lacked the pretentious atmosphere that often ruins other very good hotels.

The room can only be described as a small apartment with a reception area, bathroom and bedroom. The king size bed is the most comfortable bed in the world! Everything in the room is remote control, from the curtains right through to the toilet!! Free WiFi and huge TV complete with Buddha-Bar music really made staying in the room enjoyable. Also power socket in the safe.... Genius!!

The bathroom was beautiful with a powerful rainfall shower-head, massive bathtub with a television sunk into the mirror at one end. The L'occitane toiletries were a lovely touch.

We did get chance to use the hotels steam room, which I would recommend. Also we used room service on several occasions which was delicious (also very fast and friendly service) The cocktails in the bar were some of the best I've ever tasted. I would highly recommend the bar if you are looking for somewhere romantic for drinks.

Only few points I'd mention if you are booking this hotel are, take your own bubble-bath! Also if you enjoy watching films in your hotel (something I personally wouldn't do on holiday but I know some people do) I remember the films were reeeeaaaaally expensive to watch on the TV also there aren't many English channels available to watch. Don't let these things put you off staying here though.

Overall the service in the hotel really made the holiday special, the personal touches such as making sure we had umbrellas in the rain, the turn-down every night including chocolates, weather reports and a hand written personalised welcome to the hotel on the first night made the hotel a pleasure to stay in.

When I return to Prague I will definitely be returning to this hotel. If you're planning a visit to Prague book Buddha-Bar Hotel you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple