“So not our style”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #53 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My wife and I treated ourselves for our wedding anniversary. Unfortunatelly it was a wrong pick and so much not our style. The decor goes well over the top. The restaurant at street leavel sits empty and we were missing any town feel here.

4  Thank David S
There are newer reviews for Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed for the second time at the Buddha Bar hotel with in the last twelve months and I have to say Veronika Knows how to do it. The attention to detail is second to none. I highly recommend this hotel and Prague- I Love this city and the people. You must have the signature chicken salad in the Restaurant- there food is also second to none, a leader all the way. Carmel Chicken and thanks to Robin who looked after us insisted we try the most incredible Monk fish dish. Mind blowing. You've done it Veronika (GM), you have held the test of time and continue to pursue with Great Gusto to share the Excellence of the Buddha Bar Hotel. Open MORE soon!!! Number one fan from Australia!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I stayed for three nights in late October. We picked the Buddha Bar Hotel based on Trip Advisor recommendations and we were certainly not disappointed.

We pre-arranged a transfer (with fee added to room bill) and a prompt and very polite driver met us at arrivals. From here on in it felt like a real luxury break. The room was ready on arrival and very cool. The receptionist took us through how everything worked - the room is quite hi-tech so well worth paying attention to her intro! Free welcome drinks followed shortly afterwards.

The stand alone bath was pretty striking, especially with the tv hidden away in the mirror. We had a good supply of Occitaine toiletries, comfy robes and numerous soft towels. We read through the pillow menu with some amusement.

The free coffee machine was very welcome and there was a well stocked mini bar. The room was cleaned in the afternoon and then there was an evening turndown service, with snack and chocolate.

The hotel is very centrally located, within a few miuntes of the Old Town Square and then a short walk further brings you to Charles Bridge.

The breakfast, which was included in our room rate, included the usual buffet offering and also a really good cooked option. As mentioned by a previous reviewer the orange juice was particularly good. We also had cocktails in the evening in the Buddha Bar itself. These were a fair bit more expensive but well worth it as a treat.

For night life I'd also recommend the Chapeau Rouge if you want a loud bar and Restaurant U Zlatne Konvice for traditional Czech food in a oldie-worldie setting.

All-in-all a really good trip and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Buddha Bar Hotel.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

Left the #1 Tripadvisor rated hotel in the world for 2011 after being there for 30 long minutes. Lucky for us Budda-Bar was recommended. The fact is this place is very unique and it took many days to notice all the style and design that went into this place. You CAN"T beat the location. It is right in the center of everything. Its on a quite street so no noise issues. We paid 228 Euros and at that price it is a great value. They upgraded our room because they felt bad because of the problems we had at the #1 hotel. If I was still not suffering jet lag I would attempt to list all the little things that are so cool about this hotel, I bet I could come up with 100. I would like to shake the hand of whoever is the brains behind and thought this place up.

As much as I liked this hotel I HATED the breakfast. There were so few items and what they did have looked crappy to me. I ended up eating grapes and toast, and skipped it the other days. They did have some of the best fresh squeezed Orange juice. But Its got to be one of the worst breakfast I have ever had in any level hotel in Europe.

F.S. is probably the only other place I saw I would want to stay at in Prague. But their price was over 2x's as much. I would avoid the #1 in the world and #2 in Prague ( Somebody explain that to me ?) This place is a much better value.

1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We spent five nights at Buddha Bar. Certainly an unusual hotel, with many dark corridors (designed that way). Great service, great breakfast, great location, huge room. Quiet.

But...our room was too techie for me. That is obviously part of the design...an attempt to be different. But there must have been a million light switches in our room; every night we spend the last five minutes trying to figure out how to turn them all off. Similarly, the TV/sound system is very techie...so techie that we never could figure out how to use it.

But everything else was great. My wife says she gives it five stars, but I am the writing this review!

Reviewed 22 October 2011

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel and it was amazing. First of all the best aspect of this hotel has to be the staff. The service was second to none. Very friendly, helpful and always smiling.

Secondly, the decor really carried the romantic atmosphere of the whole hotel. The location is a few mins walk from old town square.

The hotel bar and restaurant upheld the Buddha theme and was beautifully decorated. My partner said they were some of the best cocktails she ever had.

Overall we had very high expectations from reading the reviews, our stay exceeded them.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 19 October 2011

my wife and i went for four days holiday to prague on 10 oct 2011. we stayed and Budha Bar Hotel in the old town. Our stay was excellent and the staff were very helpful. the hotel was very clean and well presented. the rooms and the facilities were very good. Food was good too.

they don't have a swimming pool & gym facilities are some distance from the hotel so i didn't use them

We wanted to enjoy Czech food and hotel advised us of two restaurants in the old town near the hotel. we tried them both and the food was excellent and very good value. Very big helpings. I tried the Czech Beer and it is excellent. My wife had Czech red wine and that was great too.

The restaurants were: Kolkovna, at V Kolkovne 8, Old Town Prague 1, & Lary Fary at Dlouha 35, Old Twon Prague 1

I had also arranged a guide through Ms Marketa, whose name & email I found on Trip advisor. She was busy herself and she arranged for Eva, to show us around Prague. Eva is a wonderful young lady and a very good guide. we took two 4 hour tours with her over two days. Highly recommended.