“Relaxation and Self-Indulgence”

Ranked #49 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Toronto, Canada
“Relaxation and Self-Indulgence”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at this amazing boutique hotel in late May 2011. We arrived late in the evening, approximately 11:30pm, and were welcomed by friendly and attentive staff. Due to our late booking and arrival, they did not have our room class available, but smiled and said that they would upgrade us to a top suite with no additional charge (Right-On!!!). While they were preparing the room for us and taking our bags from our car, we were escorted into the main floor lounge for a tasty and colourful welcome cocktail. The friendly concierge collected us after about 20 minutes and showed us to our room. The smell of incense, mood lighting, and buddha-bar music playing through-out the suite, immediately put a smile on our face and relaxed our mood. The concierge took the time to show us around the suite, locating the built-in fridge and bar for us, demonstrating the built-in Bank & Olufsen surround audio/video system, remote curtains, and mood lighting. Truly this is a technology-lovers dream room.

The facility and room décor is modern-oriental, certainly a departure for Prague The room had hardwood floors, area rugs, luxurious finishings, massive spa tubs, glass rain showers, automatic sanitary toilets, and so many other pleasing touches, like the increasingly rare bit of chocolate on the pillow at turndown. One of the best beds we have slept in!! The noise from outside bustle (being only a stone-through away from the main square) was non-existant. There is a small gym and spa for a bit of daytime rejuvenation. The Siddhartha Café on the main floor serves an eclectic international cuisine at more or less all hours, and is where we ate our fantastic breakfast.

This is one of those hotels where the execution essentially transcends the concept. One can even imagine greatly enjoying the Buddha-Bar Hotel without ever setting foot in the famous Buddha Bar itself. But we recommend that you visit the Buddha Bar at least one evening, as the experience is like not other. Go late, as you will be the only people there if you arrive before midnight!!

Although a bit expensive, it is well worth the money. We originally planned to only stay one night, but ended up re-arranging our trip to stay 4 nights, as we felt so at-home during our stay.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

Room Tip: It is such a small boutique facility, all rooms are premium in our opinion.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank johnaneta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 11 November 2011

The hotel stuff first of all are very polite. They speak good English and they are there to help you with anything you might ask. I was also provided without extra cost with an early check in which was really convenient because of the time my flight arrived.

Furthermore, the hotel rooms are REALLY different and I would strongly suggest them for couples.

Spacious, comfortable and clean rooms make the picture whole.

Last but not least I believe that it is a value for money choice for a five star hotel.

2 Thank Traceratio
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed in buddha bar hotel on Nov 2-6 for holidays. We liked the room - very spacious rooms, very quality and expensive materials, new and clean, very quality and expensive toiletries. Good location in city center, but a bit too "clubby", for party animals. However, disappointing breakfast and room service food quality and service. But overall we very much liked our stay.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Tulenikatu
Twickenham
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My wife and I treated ourselves for our wedding anniversary. Unfortunatelly it was a wrong pick and so much not our style. The decor goes well over the top. The restaurant at street leavel sits empty and we were missing any town feel here.

4 Thank David S
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed for the second time at the Buddha Bar hotel with in the last twelve months and I have to say Veronika Knows how to do it. The attention to detail is second to none. I highly recommend this hotel and Prague- I Love this city and the people. You must have the signature chicken salad in the Restaurant- there food is also second to none, a leader all the way. Carmel Chicken and thanks to Robin who looked after us insisted we try the most incredible Monk fish dish. Mind blowing. You've done it Veronika (GM), you have held the test of time and continue to pursue with Great Gusto to share the Excellence of the Buddha Bar Hotel. Open MORE soon!!! Number one fan from Australia!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I stayed for three nights in late October. We picked the Buddha Bar Hotel based on Trip Advisor recommendations and we were certainly not disappointed.

We pre-arranged a transfer (with fee added to room bill) and a prompt and very polite driver met us at arrivals. From here on in it felt like a real luxury break. The room was ready on arrival and very cool. The receptionist took us through how everything worked - the room is quite hi-tech so well worth paying attention to her intro! Free welcome drinks followed shortly afterwards.

The stand alone bath was pretty striking, especially with the tv hidden away in the mirror. We had a good supply of Occitaine toiletries, comfy robes and numerous soft towels. We read through the pillow menu with some amusement.

The free coffee machine was very welcome and there was a well stocked mini bar. The room was cleaned in the afternoon and then there was an evening turndown service, with snack and chocolate.

The hotel is very centrally located, within a few miuntes of the Old Town Square and then a short walk further brings you to Charles Bridge.

The breakfast, which was included in our room rate, included the usual buffet offering and also a really good cooked option. As mentioned by a previous reviewer the orange juice was particularly good. We also had cocktails in the evening in the Buddha Bar itself. These were a fair bit more expensive but well worth it as a treat.

For night life I'd also recommend the Chapeau Rouge if you want a loud bar and Restaurant U Zlatne Konvice for traditional Czech food in a oldie-worldie setting.

All-in-all a really good trip and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Buddha Bar Hotel.

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Left the #1 Tripadvisor rated hotel in the world for 2011 after being there for 30 long minutes. Lucky for us Budda-Bar was recommended. The fact is this place is very unique and it took many days to notice all the style and design that went into this place. You CAN"T beat the location. It is right in the center of everything. Its on a quite street so no noise issues. We paid 228 Euros and at that price it is a great value. They upgraded our room because they felt bad because of the problems we had at the #1 hotel. If I was still not suffering jet lag I would attempt to list all the little things that are so cool about this hotel, I bet I could come up with 100. I would like to shake the hand of whoever is the brains behind and thought this place up.

As much as I liked this hotel I HATED the breakfast. There were so few items and what they did have looked crappy to me. I ended up eating grapes and toast, and skipped it the other days. They did have some of the best fresh squeezed Orange juice. But Its got to be one of the worst breakfast I have ever had in any level hotel in Europe.

F.S. is probably the only other place I saw I would want to stay at in Prague. But their price was over 2x's as much. I would avoid the #1 in the world and #2 in Prague ( Somebody explain that to me ?) This place is a much better value.

1 Thank Andrew B