“Very Beautiful, Very Classy”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #51 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Very Beautiful, Very Classy”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The looks , service and staff are simply fantastic but this joy is killed when you actually eat in siddharta cafe or room service. however, the food at the Buddha Bar Restaurant was superb. Had the czech govt not banned whisky and vodka.......it wouldve been much better. Location is mind blowing .... just a few min from wenceslas, old town and charles bridge....this is right in the centre

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for your review, it is always a pleasure to find the 5-star ratings for "value, location, sleep quality, rooms, cleanliness and service" from our guests.
I apologize for any inconvenience and level of service at Siddharta Café which did not meet your expectations. We have taken certain steps in order to assure the high standards and I do hope we will not disappoint you during your next visit of Prague.
Not to forget - I have some good news: whiskey and vodka is back in bars!
Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Praha
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Do not expect service corresponding to prices and do not expect prices corresponding to those presented on their website. I was said that I could order from the menu and use the buffet. Then it was not possible. Eggs are not automatically served with a bread. I wanted eggs with ham, ham was missing. I wanted has brown and I did not get it either. The staff itself was quite confused with the proces of service and I did not know what I can get and what I cannot. The capacity of the restaurant does not correspond to number of hotel guests and potential customers from the street. The buffet is small..rather three star hotels range. The choice is poor, they prefer guests who do not want to realx and eat something in the morning. :-) Design of the restaurant is good, but it is better as a bar, not a breakfast restaurant. The meal was good, though. Do not expect any table cloth and do not expect professionals. Generally it was not a good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank justbig
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I sincerely apologize on behalf of Siddharta Café and Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague for all mistakes of my colleagues and misundarstandings. Nevertheless, I am happy that you complimented the meal.
If I understand it correctly, you were not the hotel guest and most probably you live in Prague. Therefore, I would be very happy and honored to have an opportunity to welcome you back in person in future. Please, contact me at veronika.fajcikova@buddhabarhotelprague.com so that I could book the table for you (and your friend / business partner).
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

Great location and service, with luxurious rooms... I'd definitely stay here again. The breakfast is good (buffet and choice of hot dishes), and it doesn't take long to eat and get started on your day.

2 Thank Nicolemartin2006
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear guest,
thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experience with our hotel on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Quite simply, this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Located close to the old town square, Buddha Bar does not necessarily inspire much confidence however inside is just beautiful and very luxurious.
We stayed 3 nights and could not fault anything in our stay. The rooms are large, well appointed and artfully decorated in red and black. You will pay more for this hotel than many in Prague though it is well worth it!
There is an excellent cocktail lounge in the basement which is also worth a visit...

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank st_every_an_80
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your positive review. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our "sexy hotel" and found it "worthy".
We do hope you will return to Prague in the near future and we look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back.
Switzerland
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I usually do not write reviews but when I do it means it was a real positive experience!
My husband and I stayed at the Buddha Bar Hotel for 5 night. The hotel has a great central location, less than 5 minutes walk to the Old Town Square where all the sightaseeing tours begin.

Bedrooms are unique, extremely clean, nice and comfortable beds although I would have preferred harder pillows to the soft ones and less complicated automatic blind remote control system but that was all fun as we had to fiddle with the system to figure out how to open and close the blinds and same with the lights!

The breakfast room is nicely decorated with a corner full of great selection of Dom Pérignon Vintage. We were always welcomed at the breakfast entrance by a professional smartly dressed hostess. Breakfast menu is for your eyes only. Their egg benedict is just superb!
We were attened by a very lovely waitress, Eva who made us felt so special!

Our room was 56 (SUPER) It was a great great expierence! Good value for your money and highly recommended. I shall definitely return!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger ex. Room 56
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DorisNaa
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us.
I truly appreciate that you acknowledge our property as your "home away from home".
It was certainly our pleasure to ensure that your short holiday was enjoyable despite some "fun" with different remote controls and switches.
I certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2012

If you are looking for a relaxing, Chic hotel, then this is the hotel for you. Book more than 21 days in advance and you may get a good price for the room at about £150 per night for a normal room. When I arrived, I was expecting a welcome drink like some of the reviewers have noted but didn't get any. Not too fussed but for price I am paying and standard, thought there would be one.

Receptionist were really nice and helpful and one of them brought my luggage to the room. He then showed me how to use some of the remote controls for the room (and yes there is one for the curtains and yes there is one for TV in front of bath tub).

Its really dark inside the hotel corridors and your room numbers are illuminated on the floor by a mini projector which I thought was quite unique. It is in a way secure in the hotel as you need your key card to operate the lift to the residential floors. However, there is also staircase which anyone can use to go from the reception / from Buddha Bar on -1 Floor to the residential floors.

My room 37 is located at the corner of the building. It has a huge room considering the price you pay in Europe but unsure if it is due to the fact that it is in the corner of the building. It has a separate room for toilet and shower / bathroom. Toilet is small but it has a cool toilet bowl from Geberit which shoots up water to clean your ahem after your business via a remote control. Really cool and great for cleanliness wise. The Shower / Bathroom is like another room on its own. Its huge with a separate shower / bathtub. There is a small TV in front of the bathtub which doubles as a mirror and operated by a water proof remote control. Window blinds can be controlled via remote control or buttons on the wall.

The entrance, toilet and shower /bathroom can be separated via a single door / screen at night if you wish to make use of it.

Bed is huge king bed with big soft pillows. There are actually a selection of pillow types you can choose (soft / medium etc) but I didn't make full use of it.

There is huge cupboard space with safe in it. Wifi is also included in the whole hotel including restaurants. Complimentary bottle of drinking water daily. There are also complimentary coffee. The Nespresso Coffee Machine looks like a barista should operate but once you read the instruction its easy to operate. There are 3 kinds of coffee (2 each) that you can choose from (Mild, Medium & Strong). It is really cool and does differ to all other hotels in terms of 'making' your own coffee from the packet. I'm unsure if there was any tea for you to choose but I didn't drink it.

The switches & lighting are really fiddly. I stayed there for 7 days and every night, I had to find out which switches is for which lighting as they are not indicated clearly. You need to press a few times (up / down) for dimming etc or turning certain lights / everything off. I find it annoying when I'm really tired and just want to go to bed. The only thing I get once is the remote control for curtains and tv.

The TV is a cool 40 inches B&O TV with surround sound. There are parts for connecting your ipods / other players to the sound & TV but you will need your own cable so remember to bring them. TV selection however is a disappointment. For English channels there are only BBC, CNN & Sky News. Even a lower star hotel has got better TV. When I am on holidays I expect good TV like HBO movie channels / MTV music channels not just boring news everyday. I can go on the internet or read the newspaper for those. There is DVD player if you wish to bring your own DVD to watch. Here is hoping they install Blu Ray soon since they have HDTV.

The cleaners are really thorough and there is a turn down service at about 7.15pm - 7.30pm daily where they come into your room and close all your curtains, put on chillax buddha bar music and leaves chocolates & orchid flowers on your bed. If you have messed up your room between the first clean up of the room and the turn down service, they will even tidy up everything for you.

It has 2 restaurants. Buddha Bar Restaurant & Bar has Asian food offered. I went for only for 1 night and there is a tasting menu (3 courses) which was really good. I suggest go for that if you only have one meal there. I find it really dark inside the restaurant. Maybe because I was sat at the side next to the wall. I needed the candle to see the menu. When the food arrived, I find it hard to see what I am eating / colour I am seeing. I suppose it is the concept but it was just too dark. They do hand out mini torch lights for you when you read the menu if you need but I am not going to use it when I am eating. The Bar is on -1 floor overlooking the restaurant on -2 floor with a huge Buddha statue at the end. The Bar is as dark and has really good signature cocktails and cocktails creations from Buddha Bar from other locations. I was on a mission to try every one of them. The bartenders were really helpful and attentive and even made suggestion and some cocktails they suggested to make for me were not even on the menu. Sit at the bar and you can see them make the cocktails in front of you. Siddharta Cafe is where you get breakfast. There is a menu (1st page) with a selection of eggs / sausages for hot food which they will cook fresh if your breakfast is included in your stay. The rest you have to pay. Cold breakfast selection is also for you to choose buffet style but selection is always the same and I thought a bit limited so you will definitely get bored. I ate breakfast nearly everyday but were a bit sick of eating the same food so had to take a break for a couple of days. I ate there once for lunch and went for Pho Noodle soup. Does not look / taste the same as a proper Pho and chef trying to make it look too arty so you can give it a miss.

The location of the hotel I would say is central. It is definitely near Wenceslas Square and Old town so you won't really get lost with a map. Maybe about 15 minutes walk to them. It is also near the Namesti Republiky metro (< 5 minutes walk). At the metro, there is Palladium shopping mall for food / shopping / groceries. There is also a small grocery store right behind the hotel if you need it selling a lot of alcohol. Avoid a restaurant next to the hotel called Nostagie. Crap food & aimed at tourist. There is an Oyster Bar nearby at the end of Jakubska Street called Zdenek's Oyster Bar (Mala Stupartska 7, Stare Mesto). If you like seafood, seriously go there. They have the best baked Lobster I have ever tried and a good selection of fresh oysters. Warning, it is expensive though but they are really good quality.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 37 which is at the corner of the building. Unsure if it is the same size as the re...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Dear guest,
thank you for your positive rating and recommending our hotel on Tripadvisor.
You are absolutely correct, hotel location is great and I must agree that corner rooms have its charm.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring your expectations are met once more.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I was expecting much more form Buddha Bar. Firstly, the hotel venues every night were booked for private functions and as a hotel quest of the Buddha Bar hotel I stayed there to have dinner or drinks at the famous bar of cafe which were never available. Secondly, our room had a view in a very ugly building courtyard which made us keep the curtains closed at all times. On the other hand, the room was fancy and a nespresso machine is always a treat!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business