“Oriental atmosphere in Prague”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #50 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Rome, Italy
“Oriental atmosphere in Prague”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Great location for exploring the city. The rooms are equipped with every comfort ( also a nespresso machine) decorated in modern oriental style , very spacious and quiet. The bathroom was great and equipped with all the necessary products. The hotel staff greeted us with great kindness and competence. the breakfast is the only negative note, poor if you do not exit the menu (dishes off the menu are expensive). High price but considering the level of the structure, appropriate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Silvia,

Thank you for sharing your opinion of the Buddha-Bar Hote Prague and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Prague.

Best regards,
Veronika

Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Buddha Bar luxury and style matched to the character and charm of the old town in Prague. Apart from the high quality of the accommodation, and the Buddha Bar ambience, the hotel was very conveniently located for sightseeing and shopping in Prague.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

it always gives me pleasure to hear that a Senior Contributor, who travels the world, finds the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague one of the best places to stay.
Your feedback is valuable to us and I wish you "bon voyage" for your future trips.

London
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was really looking forward to our stay here and had high hopes given that the service before arrival had been excellent. Restaurants and nightclubs along with spa treatments had been booked by the very helpful concierge. On arrival we were checked in efficiently at check in. The decor is a bit of an assault on the senses and you will either love it or hate it. A little bit Essex does Oriental. The rooms were very comfortable. Beds and linen excellent. The bathrooms and rainfall shower were brilliant. However, our room looked out onto a really unpleasant building site. There was no work going on as it was a weekend, but you should ask the hotel about this. The rooms were extremely hot as well, unbearably so at night. We had to complain about this and whilst the problem wasn't fixed the hotel did lay on a complimentary car to the airport by way of an apology. I might not have provided a 4 star rating otherwise. There is a real potential for disturbance here as it very much appeared to me to be a party hotel. I would say there is likely to be noise from other rooms and the bar particularly on lower floors. The restaurant here was really great and I would recommend it. Very stylish and really nice food. Not too expensive either. I would not recommend the spa. Whilst the treatment was excellent it is really just a room. I ended up having to walk through the middle of a friends treatment to be able to get changed ready for mine. Not great. Location wise you cannot do better. Very easy to get everywhere on foot and an incredible number of bars and restaurants to chose from nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your extensive review and I glad you had a great time in Prague with your friends.

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.

Spring arrived unusually early this year and we have been anjusting our heating and A/C systems. Today the temperature will reach 14 degrees C but will be back to 0 at the weekend.

The cozy and private Spa Suite is aimed at catering for the individual or close couple who wish to be treated at the same time, however, I understand your concerns.

As you mentioned the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague is located in the very heart of the vibrant city center where many people come to enjoye themselves. It can get a little lively! :)

Should you have the chance to return I would be happy to welcome you personally.

Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

my partner decided to take me away as a speical treat away from the busy life as a mum to 4 boys and a carer to my 12 yr ols a.s son.i knew nothing about the trip other then we were in prague .
the hotel was truly amazing the peacefullness and the traquil essance of the whole place was breathtaking
i loved every moment the staff were helpfull, although i think being ina place like that i think they could of made more of a effort to talk to us more, our room was amazing ... one ot two hiccups the coffee machine didnt work and we had to ask twice for it to be sorted and we didnt have two of the lights working, but over all stunning room, didnt figer out the heating very well and was always boliing hot but opended the windows for fresh cold city air , a little dusty under the units and bed but thats just me being very pickie.we had drinks in the bar and we had pre ordered breakfast withour stay which i would say the food was adverage.
the hotel was extreamly central and perfect for our needs .
the restrant downstairs from the hotel was amazing,our meal was one of the best iv ever has and sitting at our quaint table being over looked by a massive buddha was rexlaing , perhaps a little too dark inthere a needed a pocket torch to read the menu presented by the staff but very lush foodx well worth going to experance this hotel if uwant to be treated

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your getaway break with us at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.
I apologize for the inperfections but we value your feedback.
Should you have the opportunity to visit Prague again, please contact me so that I can welcome you back personally.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Buddha-bar Hotel in Prague, I should say is the most romantic hotel I have ever been in. I have already been to many places. Going on a vacation on a different country was not new to me but I was more looking forward to my trip to Czech Republic because it will be my first trip with my husband. It was home to the magnificent Prague Astronomical Clock. We decided to do our own tour around the city and so we also decided to search for hotels in the area. The hotel had 5 star accommodations and I loved their themed Buddha statue in the middle of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am very happy you enjoyed your romantic break at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague which is located in the true heart of the Old Town.
Should you wish to relax again in our Buddha-themed atmoshpere, please, feel free to contact me.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I really liked this hotel - great location, very cool design. Two things took my review away from an excellent rating. First, the TV/radio system is overly complicated (as noted in other reviews). I never did figure out how to turn the TV off - I could get to a main menu (with no sound) and then just turned the TV away. Yes, I could have asked for assistance.... Second, the hotel was out of Buddha Bar t-shirts and CDs. Small point, but they make great gifts.

The rooms are really beautiful. I was in room 37 so it was in a corner with a small turret corner. Beautiful bathroom (yes, the shower is tricky to prevent water getting everywhere) and a big bathtub.

Yes, the hallways are dark (as noted by others). But it's the Buddha BAR hotel, not the Buddha BEACH hotel!

Would definitely return.

Room Tip: As noted by others, the rooms can get a little street noise but it was all kids coming home from nea...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague. At the same time, I am sorry for the minor disappointments you experienced.
CDs are on sale at Hotel Reception (yesterday we received the latest buddha-bar BEST OF by Ravin 1997 - 2013) and as you mentioned these make excellent and popular gifts. Unfortunately, the T-shirts have been discontinued.
Should you return to Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can welcome you personally and present you with a small gift. :)

Hong Kong
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My bf and I spent 5 nights end of Jan 2014 at Buddha-Bar Hotel in Prague, even though we had been to quite a lot of unique hotels, we were both impressed with the ambience, decoration,...it does give us a WOW effect!! We were located on the top floor (5th floor), where there is a cute attic with windows and shutters with quite an advance remote control for it. The room was smartly designed maximising the space. Bed was VERY comfortable KING size bed with a choice of pillows for you to choose from. They offered a selection of Buddha-Bar music that you can choose from, however their Albums were not up to the latest Album (XV) but only up to Buddha-Bar X which is not as nice. The B&O TV looks chic yet it's complicated in functioning. The lighting of the room was wonderfully designed, yet they should improve towards the functioning of the lighting, 3 nights, it took me almost 20 mins to turn out all the lights... believe me, even if you read their instructions,.. when its at night and you really wanna rest.. this really is annoying to remember how to function the switches... Bathroom was beautiful with a very spacious bathtub where you can both enjoy the bubble bath if you like, however, the shower is quite annoying since the water kept spilling outside the shower (as there were no door) and you ended up making half of the bathroom flooded with water after 2 people took shower. Toiletries are from L'occitane which was nice and attentive.
Service at the hotel was ok, I must say they are ok but not extremely proactive in offering help unless you asked. Be alert that if you wanted to rest in your room during the day, do remember to hang the "do not disturb" sign, as 2 days in a row the house keeping entered immediately after they knocked at the door without even waiting for us to respond asking her to wait... that was quite not perfect.
We went to the Bar in the basement one night and the service at the restaurant is much better than the bar itself, the bar was more relaxed which most of the time you need to go and asked for drinks, they don't really come to place your order. The music didn't bother us that much as other guests commented, since we were on the top floor, but it's true that the outside construction can be a negative point sometimes it can wake you up by the bar crowd. The buddha placed at the corner of the room is very unique.... but they could have used better the space next to the TV and the Buddha as they place some chairs and a small table, but basically the ceiling was so low that you won't go to that side.
Location of the hotel is perfect and its only 2 mins from the Old Town Square. All in all I will definitely recommend couples to stay there if they want something unusual and chic. It's great for couples who wanted a bit of sightseeing and a bit of relaxation as we spent quite a lot of time in the room enjoying music and relaxing. An Amazing Holiday at a Contemporary Chic Hotel!

Room Tip: Try to request for Higher Floors
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write an extensive review. I am glad that overall your experience was positive and many aspects of our hotel "WOWed" you.
I appriciate your frank feedback regarding the in-room facilities and I apologize for the difficulties you encountered.
When you return to Prague, I believe new (and simpler) entertainment systems will await you. :)
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you plan your trip.

Your faithfully,