“Could not have picked a better hotel”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #51 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Brighton uk
“Could not have picked a better hotel”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We came to Prague for my partners birthday. Three nights mid week to avoid the stag dos. Hotel was as good as it looks in the pictures and the service was great. I had asked for an upper floor room by email and we were given a room on the top floor. Very spacious and comfortable. Great bed and bath. Really exciting decor...we managed the complicated lighting system ok. We had lunch in the ground floor cafe one day which was fresh and tasty and ate in the basement restaurant one evening which had nice cocktails and amazing setting... For was ok but not the most exciting Asian food . Breakfast was a great spread and when we asked for soya milk which they did not have they made sure they had it the next day and soya yoghurts which just shows they went the extra mile. Reception happily gave advice and booked restaurants for us. I would definitely go back here

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your complimentary review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.
We hope very much to see you again and meet all your needs.

Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Booked the Prague get away package as a present for my husband for a special birthday - and this hotel did not disappoint if anything it was above all my hope and expectations. They picked us up from the airport in a lovely clean car, with relaxing music which really helped us to get in the wind down mode we needed for the trip. The service at the hotel was fantastic - our room looked stunning with an orchid turn down service, drink on arrival and little treats in our room every night. The towels were as luxurious as the room and everything was 5 star I couldn't fault a thing either in the room or hotel. The food is also fantastic too especially breakfast - it's a must stay hotel! I only hope I have the opportunity to return one day.

1 Thank Emily D
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Emily,

Thank you very much for you lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I believe it must have been a great present for your husband´s B-day! :)
Hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards from Prague,

Veronika

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend city break to Prague. The hotel is located in the centre and is only a few minutes walk from Wenceslas Square and old town and the Charles Bridge. We didn't need public transport for anything other than the zoo as we are happy to walk and wander everywhere.

The check in process was very smooth and we were taken to our room and given an overview of all the features and then offered a welcome cocktail which was brought up to the room.

We had a luxury room which is effectively a suite with a massive bathroom with separate large toilet. The rainfall shower is the largest I have seen and the bath is very deep and has a perfect position for the TV in the mirror. It had double sinks and some nice toiletries.

The main bedroom was spacious with a good selection of drinks in the minibar for reasonable prices (bottle of Heineken was £3). The bed was very comfortable, there is a pillow menu and the sheets are Egyptian cotton. You won't want to leave it and can even use the remote to open and close the curtains if you like!

There is turndown service with a lovely lotus flower and chocolates.

We had breakfast included and it was of a very good quality and the times were very good as it was available from 6.30am to 11am so works for early birds and those who want a bit of a lie in.

The only comment I would make is that we had room 29 which was quite noisy as it was next to the service lift so you could hear it during the night.

Room Tip: Room 29 was quite noisy as the service lift is next to it, so would recommend a room on the other si...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. It is gratifying to receive such complimentary comments.
Should you return to Prague, feel free to contact me so that I can make sure that your room is located in a quiet part of the hotel.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Great location for exploring the city. The rooms are equipped with every comfort ( also a nespresso machine) decorated in modern oriental style , very spacious and quiet. The bathroom was great and equipped with all the necessary products. The hotel staff greeted us with great kindness and competence. the breakfast is the only negative note, poor if you do not exit the menu (dishes off the menu are expensive). High price but considering the level of the structure, appropriate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Silvia,

Thank you for sharing your opinion of the Buddha-Bar Hote Prague and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Prague.

Best regards,
Veronika

Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Buddha Bar luxury and style matched to the character and charm of the old town in Prague. Apart from the high quality of the accommodation, and the Buddha Bar ambience, the hotel was very conveniently located for sightseeing and shopping in Prague.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

it always gives me pleasure to hear that a Senior Contributor, who travels the world, finds the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague one of the best places to stay.
Your feedback is valuable to us and I wish you "bon voyage" for your future trips.

London
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was really looking forward to our stay here and had high hopes given that the service before arrival had been excellent. Restaurants and nightclubs along with spa treatments had been booked by the very helpful concierge. On arrival we were checked in efficiently at check in. The decor is a bit of an assault on the senses and you will either love it or hate it. A little bit Essex does Oriental. The rooms were very comfortable. Beds and linen excellent. The bathrooms and rainfall shower were brilliant. However, our room looked out onto a really unpleasant building site. There was no work going on as it was a weekend, but you should ask the hotel about this. The rooms were extremely hot as well, unbearably so at night. We had to complain about this and whilst the problem wasn't fixed the hotel did lay on a complimentary car to the airport by way of an apology. I might not have provided a 4 star rating otherwise. There is a real potential for disturbance here as it very much appeared to me to be a party hotel. I would say there is likely to be noise from other rooms and the bar particularly on lower floors. The restaurant here was really great and I would recommend it. Very stylish and really nice food. Not too expensive either. I would not recommend the spa. Whilst the treatment was excellent it is really just a room. I ended up having to walk through the middle of a friends treatment to be able to get changed ready for mine. Not great. Location wise you cannot do better. Very easy to get everywhere on foot and an incredible number of bars and restaurants to chose from nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
BBHPDirector, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your extensive review and I glad you had a great time in Prague with your friends.

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.

Spring arrived unusually early this year and we have been anjusting our heating and A/C systems. Today the temperature will reach 14 degrees C but will be back to 0 at the weekend.

The cozy and private Spa Suite is aimed at catering for the individual or close couple who wish to be treated at the same time, however, I understand your concerns.

As you mentioned the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague is located in the very heart of the vibrant city center where many people come to enjoye themselves. It can get a little lively! :)

Should you have the chance to return I would be happy to welcome you personally.

Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

my partner decided to take me away as a speical treat away from the busy life as a mum to 4 boys and a carer to my 12 yr ols a.s son.i knew nothing about the trip other then we were in prague .
the hotel was truly amazing the peacefullness and the traquil essance of the whole place was breathtaking
i loved every moment the staff were helpfull, although i think being ina place like that i think they could of made more of a effort to talk to us more, our room was amazing ... one ot two hiccups the coffee machine didnt work and we had to ask twice for it to be sorted and we didnt have two of the lights working, but over all stunning room, didnt figer out the heating very well and was always boliing hot but opended the windows for fresh cold city air , a little dusty under the units and bed but thats just me being very pickie.we had drinks in the bar and we had pre ordered breakfast withour stay which i would say the food was adverage.
the hotel was extreamly central and perfect for our needs .
the restrant downstairs from the hotel was amazing,our meal was one of the best iv ever has and sitting at our quaint table being over looked by a massive buddha was rexlaing , perhaps a little too dark inthere a needed a pocket torch to read the menu presented by the staff but very lush foodx well worth going to experance this hotel if uwant to be treated

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your getaway break with us at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague.
I apologize for the inperfections but we value your feedback.
Should you have the opportunity to visit Prague again, please contact me so that I can welcome you back personally.