“lots of nice touches”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #49 of 670 Hotels in Prague
“lots of nice touches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2009

Very private, unbelieveably quiet in a very convenient central location. Staff couteous and helpful. Room amenities over the top (e.g. remote for the bidet, about 40 different lighting settings), but room was very comfortable and small touches (fresh fruit at turndown) made a great stay.

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

it was set to be a business trip, but developed into a holiday once we got to the buddha bar hotel. THe sevice is the top of the line and the rooms were great. There is nothing the staff cannot arrange. My husband and I will return for a romantic holiday in a few months. One of the tip hotels in the world.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank aertwashingtonDC
NY, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

By far one of the BEST hotel experiences I have ever had (in the world)! The hotel itself is amazing - beautifully decorated with all amenities at your finger tips. What impressed me most, however, was the service. Usually with such nice hotels, I experience a "snobby" attitude from the staff - not here. The staff was amazing. They treated us like VIP guests from the second we walked in - walking us to our rooms, giving us a tour, recommending great restaurants, arranging tickets for the opera, jazz clubs, etc. If you are in Prague - certainly stay at this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ny_NyWorldTraveler
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

Most of my thoughts on this hotel have been covered in previous reviews but I had to add mine as this was an experience I'll never forget. I visited Prague earlier this week and decided to stay at the Buddha Bar as I was travelling with my partner and wanted somewhere special. I'm so glad I chose this hotel!

Everything about it was just fantastic. The decor, the service, the rooms, the restaurant, the bar... we stayed in the superior double (which is the most "basic" of the rooms). The bed was huge and extremely comfortable and was just a lovely place to relax, with chillout music playing from the huge bang & olufsen TV. so much detail has gone into these rooms to make them just a wonderful place to stay. We did as much sight seeing as possible but it really did feel like a shame to leave the hotel! As for the bathrooms... The rain shower was fantastic and the bathtub was the perfect size for two to relax in, although I'm sure that it would be just as suited to one. Other people have mentioned the toilet facilities, but really you have to experience them to appreciate them!

As for the staff, they couldn't do enough and the service was excellent throughout. We also dined in the restaurant one evening and the food was fantastic. not cheap but if you feel li8ke splashing out you should definitely try the food. And the cocktails! Also the location is perfect. 5 minute walk to the old town and most of the city is within walking distance.

Overall this was just a really great experience and I would definitely stay there again if I returned to Prague. The hotel is by no means cheap but you can get a good deal if you look around and it really is worth the extra because out of many of the top rated hotels this is one of the best. If you’re looking for something different that adds something more than your run of the mill hotel, then I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveller83123
ny, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

this is the place to come. we were treated as though we were the only guests in the hotel. Every single staff member we interacted with was incredibly professional and friendly -especially the folks working at the front desk. They helped with anything/everything we needed - from booking us tickets to the opera, to reccommending fabulous restaurants and jazz clubs - where the locals frequented (not tourist traps!). The hotel itself is amazing. After a long day of walking and site seeing it was great coming back to our big cozy room. I highly recommend this hotel. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank thetravelerNy_Ny
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

There is nothing more to add other than if you plan a trip to Prague in the near future, this is your best hotel option. We booked it based on a few limited reviews several months ago, hoping for the best and it exceeded our expectations. Try the fantastic restaurant which is expensive but worth it!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christian128
Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

The hotel is centrally located and it is easy to get to most major sights. The staff are helpful.
Some rooms have very small window and all the rooms have a problem with the air conditioner which makes a constant noise and cannot be fixed. We tried to buy some merchandise as a momentum but they were not available. My overall experience of the hotel was great but I forgot something at the hotel. Wrote to them a few times and no response which was a bit disappointing.
The rooms were cleaned each day and they had a turn down service, but each day they would forget to replace things such as glasses, soap, body lotion and towels
I would recommend this hotel based on friendliness and location.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family