“Excellent Hotel”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague
Ranked #53 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 23 November 2010

My room looked exactly what they posted online. There were lots of gadgets in my room. I had a rain shower which was awesome. The tub faced a tv in the mirror thing which is nice if you want to watch tv while sit in a tub. The windows were double pane thus very quiet. Initially light level was low in the room to provide ambiance. But there are lots of other brighter light options for those who need more light. The only qualm I have was the dinner I had at the ground level restaurant. I ended up having two different waiters serving me. I guess the first one either took off or was on a break. The first waiter didn't bring me coke that I ordered until I reminded her that I had ordered a coke. She was busy texting her friends and she only had one other table to contend with so it's not like she was so busy she totally forgot. She forgot because she was busy texting. The second waiter's English was quite poor. I asked for what flavors of sorbet were available (since the menu indicated three scoops of ice cream or sorbet), he ended up coming back with one scoop of strawberry sorbet. I said I asked for what flavors were available NOT I want a strawberry sorbet (plus he only brought me one scoop not three). He came back and said strawberry, pear, and coconut. So i said can I have one of each. He then came back with the originally strawberry sorbet underneath the coconut and pear sorbet. But by that time, the strawberry sorbet was half melted. I didn't want to argue so I just ate whatever was available and left. So conclusion is the hotel is fantastic but the restaurant is not recommended.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague

Reviewed 22 November 2010

This is probably one of th ebest hotels I have stayed at. Service was amazing, the room exaclty and even better than the pictures. Excelent location, quiet and fun at the same time. Do not stay anywhere else if you can afford it!!

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2010

After reviewing many potential hotels online, we chose Buddha Bar because of its raving reviews and location. We were not disappointed. The location of the hotel is a 3-minute walk from the Old Town Square. So we are amidst old-time charm, restaurants and shops. We debated on whether to stay in New Town, Old Town or near the Castle. Luckily we pick the right choice of staying in Old Town because of its charm and nearby sites (Jewish Quarter and New Town are at very walkable distances. Castle is just too far way from everything else). The staff was very helpful and housekeeping made sure to make our room twice a day. Room decor is tastefully done with an Asian touch. Everything is very new and we get to make our own flavored coffee in our room with the fancy coffee machine. The tub is deep and big and we enjoyed the rain showers. The bed is a king plush bed. The hotel elevator requires you to input your hotel key to operate so I feel very secured and safe. Overall, I think Buddha Bar is a 5-star hotel with prices not over the top.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Devilry
Reviewed 12 November 2010

I planned a weekend getaway as a gift to my husband for his Birthday. I saw an ad of the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague in a magazine and felt curious. I didn't know what to expect but I must say I was very pleased with the result. Superbe locationt; the hotel is right in the center of the Old Town, you can walk everywhere from there, even get to the Castle. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We got a beautiful suite decorated in a modern Asian style that gave to the room a cozy and even a sexy atmosphere ideal for romantic getaways. The room is equiped with the latest technology, B&O TVs, lights and curtains functioning on remote control, etc. The room was spotless. Also the food at the hotel was very good and tasty, specially the sushi. Although a bit overpriced the quality was a 10.
Prague is a beautiful city you can't miss to visit.
Thank you Buddha-Bar Hotel for an unforgettable weekend in Prague. We will come back for sure!

Reviewed 9 November 2010

We spent 4 nights at the Buddha Bar hotel at the beginning of October. The hotel is in a fantastic location, it probably couldn't be any better. We arrived early and our room was ready, after checking in we were taken to our room and offered a complimentary cocktail. This was a nice touch and they were delivered to our room. The room was great, it wasn't as big as I expected it to be and it was a bit dark, but it was a very nice room. After unpacking we went to the Siddharta cafe for some lunch. The food was ok, it was reasonably priced and we just wanted something quick before heading out. The hotel is great for little touches, free bottle of water is left in the room everyday, snacks are left at night and the bathrobe and slippers are different sizes - a big and small of each. Overall the hotel was great, reception staff very friendly, the room was clean with plenty of storage space, very comfortable bed and a coffee machine. I was in the hotel room one night and thought about renting a movie, there weren't many English language tv channels and I forgot to take any dvds with me. The cost of renting a movie was very very expensive so I decided against that. Also, breakfast really isn't very good, the toast in the morning was cold and the bread hadn't really been toasted, the bread seemed a bit stale. Every morning we got a different kind of coffee depending on who took the order, even though we asked for the same thing every day. The overall quality of breakfast wasn't as it should be for a hotel of this standard. I would recommend this hotel, but try to get as good a deal as you can on price and I would recommend having breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
BuddhaHotel, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2010

Dear Guest,

it is with great pleasure to read about your trip to Prague and we thank you for staying at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague. I must agree with you - the location of the hotel for sightseeing is perfect. I sicerely appreciate taking the time to share your experience with our services and acknowledge the small touches.

On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with the standard of breakfast and the price of the movie rental. Please, accept my apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. As you are likely aware, the recognition of our guests is of paramount importance. It is never our intent to disappoint our guests nor provide anything less than the best in service and facilities. I will personally investigate the matter.

I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you in the near future and you will enjoy your time with us.

Best regards,
Veronika Fajcikova
Hotel Director

Reviewed 23 October 2010

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my husband's birthday and after being picked up at the airport and shown to our fantastic room we couldn't stop smiling. From the fabulous decor and hi-tech gadgets, cozy ambiance, great service from all the staff to the perfect food in the Buddha Bar Restaurant - we really can't fault the place. We were given complimentary cocktails when we arrived and after a wonderful night's sleep we couldn't wait to go out next day and explore the City. Within 2 or 3 minutes of leaving the hotel, we were in the heart of the City in the Old Town Square and just couldn't take in how beautiful it all was. The Buddha Bar Hotel is a great place to base your holiday in Prague if you can tear yourself away from your room! Highly recommend to anyone thinking of going to Prague for a visit.

Reviewed 18 October 2010

I really enjoyed staying in this hotel. The rooms/ hotel is beautifully decorated, with a slight incense smell throughout the hotel. The staff were very nice and professional and accomodated all of our needs. When you check in, they send a complimentary drink to your room, In addition, each day they bring up a tiny snack and chocolates to your room. The hotel is perfectly located in Prague - you can easily walk to all of the main sights from the hotel. The restaurant downstairs is also very good. I had arrived to Prague via a train from Budapest - and I am glad I took the advise of another reviewer by having the hotel send a car to pick us up. Our train was late, but the driver was right at the trainstop (with a sign with my name) and helped us with our luggage to the car. Cost was 630 CZ, but worth it, as we arrive at night and there were not many taxis around. I enjoyed my stay here and I will plan to stay here again if I ever come back to Prague.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends