“Best service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Restaurant Musketyr
Ranked #3,375 of 5,314 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, Central European, European
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

I am quite surprised that some people are complaining about this restaurant. Overall, the food was average to good. Traditional Czech food, nothing mind blowing but good. And the price was very reasonable for this location.

The service was just so genuine and good. When I came in, the waiter asked if I smoke and I said no. He said, "then you sit in this area". I liked it because he cared :)

Then another waitress came over to take the order. She had a pretty good English and explained the dishes. I wanted to have a dumpling, so she actually recommended a dish that goes well with dumplings. The dish had a lot of sauce, so I am guessing that is what she meant.

There were two waiters serving and they did a great job. they were waling around constantly, making sure there is no empty glasses. The first waited talked to me a couple of times, and made sure everything was okay. But the most impressive part was that they both had a genuine attitude toward serving. They made me feel like they were my friends and just helping me. So when I paid my bill, I left a small amount of tip (I was told I should not tip in Czech but I couldn't resist from my american habit) When I told the waiter that I didn't need the change, he smiled and said "thank you". That smile was priceless!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Czech first
Dresden, Germany
“Not the best choice!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

There is no parking in, the wrong check, brought not my order, not sorry! I think this is the worst restaurant in all my trips ... My advice is to always check the bill when traveling to the Czech Republic. Very often the amount is too high!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Prague
“Great atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Atmosphere is the only thing, which makes me wonder, if I ever coming back. Location is not very pleasant if you have a car to park somewhere. Best choice is to walk to it, because there is no parking area arround. The restaurant is in very old building, with even older feeling, it is great. Food is average, like any other normal restaurant. Place is bit noisy, without music, at least what I remember. No view, no windows, no sunlight. But good experience after all.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Leuven, Belgium
“A place to come back for more food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

The atmosphere in this restaurant cellar is great, low ceilings and brick walls. The food is excellent, very good prices for true Czech dishes. Staff is very helpful and very efficient. Highly recommended for long evenings at large glass of the dark Krusovice!

Visited April 2011
Prague
“Good local standard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

The Musketyr restaurant is nothing extra, but serves good whether you want to have a quick lunch or dinner or want to stay with friends over few beers.
You need to go downstairs (below the street level) and sometimes the rooms are little smelly (don't forget you can smoke practically in any restaurant in Czech Republic), but there is a garden outside (needs to be closed at 22 pm due to local laws).