“Don't be trapped!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 3
Reviewed 16 November 2012

If you think they only try to cheat on you in the city center, than be beware of all those hidden traps, like we have suffered from in this Zizkov Restaurant.

Not mentioning that we had to wait more than 40min for a pizza, not speaking about that we got a wrong one (ordered a Calzone, got a 4 Cheese) and even not

We had been there on Friday at 3.30pm for Happy Hour. On their homepage this was advertised as "everyday from Monday til Friday 3pm-6pm" (even so in English). In the restaurant itself there was only a Czech sign saying "Happy Hour Po-Pá" (= from Monday til Friday 3pm-6pm). Still ok... this is what we thought... until we received the bill claiming the full regular charge (no happy hour, no sorry for the wrong pizza). After asking for the happy hour they explained us, that it is only valid on working days (hello, it was Fryday). After further insisting on the happy hour price, they told us, that it is "for workers only, which come for lunch time". You got it?

One block further you'll find Einstein...your better choice for a pizza!

3  Thank O R
There are newer reviews for Restaurace Pod Viktorkou

Reviewed 8 October 2012

While the rest of our group was out in the city somewhere partying, we found this little pearl of a restaurant. Great relaxed athmosphere, reasonable prices, good food, good beer, good service. I whole-heartedly recommend this restaurant to everyone! Well, maybe except noisy young Northern European party tourists.

Yours sincerely,
young Northern European not-so-much-of-a party tourist

1  Thank magloken
Reviewed 15 August 2012

In a new visit to Prague, I went back to Pod Viktorkou, to discover that time do not change this incredible nice restaurant.
The waitresses are unusually hard workers, fast ,nice and very proffessional. I think is a reflection of the owner, Mr. Igor.
This time I was surprised by Moussels, that were not in the Menu, but I saw in another table and asked for. There were cooked in the Belgium stile and as good as the best you had in Brussels.
What a surprise! Now I got my cholesterol a little bit high , wich do not match well with the Czech cuisine, but I had an also excellent dish of grilled vegetables with the salmon.
It is a nice experience to have such a good meal ,being treated in a way that you feel so comfortable. An they still having prices from before entering the European Community !

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I have been coming to this restaurant for more then 10 years now,and I go to Prague 4 times a year, so had some meals there I must say they are always exelent and if not they will provide U with another dish so the service is great and prices are still low wich I can not say for many restaurants in Prague.(and I have seen some) The waitresses are always friendly and are doing there best to give U a good and plesant time. There also is a small garden if U like to have your meal outside on a hot summer night wich is very cozy.(Dont expect a tropical fancy garden it just nice with some plants and parasols) You dont have to make reservations but sometimes it can be very full. I am sure I will go back on my next trip to Prague I can recoment it for the food and admospfere.

1  Thank Hank013
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Although this place looks fine inside, we ended up at one of the outside tables. The view consisted of concrete walls, dirty tiles and some fake flowers. The food was OK but really greasy. Isure won't come back here. (the waitress was very friendly though - service was good!)