“Nice hotel...beware sound issues”

Park Inn Hotel Prague
Ranked #62 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Toronto, Canada
“Nice hotel...beware sound issues”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have no complaints about the layout of the hotel, cleanliness and service. They are all excellent.

Beware some rooms are noisy! There is transit literally next door that runs until 12am. If your room faces the tracks you WILL hear the TRAIN alot. You also hear airplanes overhead all day and into the evening. So if you are a light sleeper beware.

The biggest issue...if there are people in the room above yours you CAN hear them walking around. The guests in the room above mine had small children who liked to run around until late...it was horrible.

FYI - Floor 5 (the top most floor) is the executive floor

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't face transit
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LDemaree
Jana S, Front Office Manager at Park Inn Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guests,
thank you very much for choosing Park Inn hotel for your
recent stay in Prague.
We are happy to know you have liked our hotel and you
have found our personnel excellent.
I am sorry you could not enjoy proper peaceful stay with us.
Evethough all our rooms are equiped with double glazed soundproof
windows some guests might find noiser.
Best regards, Jana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 29 July 2014

BEST EXPERIENCE EVER...
We had free upgrade (quiet room) and welcome VIP treatment upon our arrival.
Location is Quiet & near the Old town (25 minutes walking or 5 minutes by Tramway).
Hotel is Environmental friendly & very clean.
Breakfast is Huge & not expensive at all.
A BIG Thank You to Mrs. Jana Šturmová for making our stay a Memorable One!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antoine_Aoun
Jana S, Front Office Manager at Park Inn Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
thank you very much for your recent stay in Park Inn hotel
and for your positive comments shared.
Reviews like this make it all worthwhile. We are so pleased you had a great stay
and really hope to see you in the near future.
MUnich
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very comfortable room & bed. Top class service and amazing breakfast. Fitness center is excellent. However, many rooms face to the railway and trams. The noise may be a serious problem to many travelers. Besides, the front desk asked credit cards for deposit (about 350 Euro) when we checked in. They actually cash the fee from my credit card, then they said they will return the money back to my credit card when we check out. In this case, I still have to pay the processing fee due to exchange money, which is unacceptable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your recent stay in Park Inn hotel and for taking a time to share your feedback.
We are happy to learn you have found our rooms comfortable, our fitness centre well equipped and our buffet breakfast of high quality and variety.
I do apologize for the inconvenience that you faced when giving a credit card guarantee for your stay. Upon arrival it is our common policy to do a preauthorization on your credit card for a guarantee extra cost for additional services that may occur during your stay. Upon your departure the preauthorized amount was used for the payment of your stay. The remaining amount was automaticaly unblocked from the hotel side. Whilst we unblocked it right upon your department and settlement of all charges, it can take the bank couple of days to see the unblocked amount on your account. There are no additional fees applied on these operations.
Please accept our apologies and I hope this hasn’t put you off visiting us in the future.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I booked the hotel after booking flights with Jet2 and researching the hotels they were offering as a package deal, but I wanted to upgrade to an executive room, so booked through the hotel's own site. The room was gorgeous - spotless, included comically huge balcony (we could have hosted cocktails for 50 people on there!) with lovely bathroom, bottled water, bathrobes, slippers, fruit platter. I contacted the hotel before travelling to arrange a car to pick us up at airport and they replied promptly and helpfully. While we were there they couldn't have been more friendly, assisting us by booking taxis or tours, and allowing us key card access to the gym/roof terrace on the last day when we had a long wait after checkout for an evening flight, so we were able to shower before leaving. Hotel is in a quiet, peaceful area, away from the noise of the main tourist spots, and an easy tram ride to wherever you'd want to go, or a pleasant stroll to nearby bars/restaurants. The hotel restaurant is lovely and reasonably priced; we ate our first Czech food there on the first night and thought the breakfast buffet was fantastic - all great value at £50 each a night inc breakfast. There's a Tesco Express downstairs in the same building for any extras you want and the bed was enormous and really comfortable. Couldn't recommend more highly, and was surprised it is rated 4 stars instead of 5! The public areas are also lovely and I used the gym sometimes twice a day; though only one of each machine, I never saw more than one other person in when I used it, so it was fine. I would definitely not bother looking for a different hotel when I go back to Prague.

Room Tip: Was def worth the upgrade to Executive to get the balcony as it was so hot and we sunbathed out ther...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Jana S, Front Office Manager at Park Inn Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
thank you very much for your recent stay in Park Inn hotel
and for taking the time to share your positive feedback, it means
a lot to all of us.
We would love to see you back at the hotel again soon.
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel this is!

I've stayed in Park Inn hotels before in other countries but this by far and away the best. What makes it so? The staff!

Whether check-in staff, bar staff, waiters or waitresses the service here has been first class from start to finish.

The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and comfortable in all areas - whether sat at the bar or lazing in our room we were totally chilled out and relaxed.

The hotel is a 20 to 30 minute walk away from Charles Bridge but that works off the alcohol from the day/night before and sets you up to start all over again once there! Or you can take the tram from the stop no more than 2 minutes away.

The hotel menu isn't the most extensive you'll ever see but the quality of the food is excellent. Breakfast is simply scrumptious, plentiful and varied - you will certainly find something you'll like.

Would I come back here again? Damn right I would - it's brilliant!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BnV2912
Jana S, Front Office Manager at Park Inn Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
thank you very much for your recent stay in Park Inn hotel
and for your fantastic positive feedback shared.
It made us all very proud and grateful.Your feedback is appreciated
much from all us and keep us motivated to provide unique hospitality to all our guests.
I would like to thank you again for your feedback and we are looking
forward to welcome you back to Prague in the near future.
Ravensburg, Germany
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel is nicely located to a lot of bars restaurants and the river. The walk to old town and famous sites is worth it, as you see more from Prague, than having a hotel which is closer to these attractions.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

3 Thank sabineclarissak
Jana S, Front Office Manager at Park Inn Hotel Prague, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
thank you very much for your recent stay in Park Inn hotel
and for your positive feedback shared.
We will be very happy to welcoming you back soon.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have been here before so the last time I visited in January 2014 I neglected my review. It may be maturity but I have learned to enjoy my experience with the Park Inn. I booked in last week for 3 days with my wife, child and in-laws.I also booked for a friend and business associate to stay with his wife. Most enjoyable to walk into the bar on arrival and the barman asks if my wife still drinks her white wine and myself a scotch. Confirming his enquiry the correct brands we like duly arrived. Its these little things that make the difference. Great rooms and location. Refreshingly clean and rooms well made up each day. Just nice when you feel appreciated.

I have to say I have built a relationship with this hotel and to stay anywhere else would feel like cheating. Many of the staff are the same and they remember us, care for us and are gracious in their attendance. The friend who was with us has managed hotels in Japan, Turkey and the Ukraine. He noticed and commented on the professionalism and personal attendance. May not be my hotel but his comments made me a little proud. Definitely MY hotel now.

Highly recommend your stay and wish you an excellent experience. Build your own relationship. Its worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jon T
Dear guests,
thank you very much for choosing Park Inn hotel
again lately and for your great loyalty and fantastic feedback shared.
We are very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay with us again.
Being your hotel make us all very happy and proud.
See you next time.