“I loved it!”

El Centro
Ranked #438 of 5,588 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Description: Typical family spanish restaurant, where spanish cooks prepare for you the best of spanish specialities. There is a great variety of tasty tapas for a snack. If you fancy proper lunch or dinner we offer you variety of meat, fish and seafood dishes. You can try our paella which is famous for delisious taste or marinated pork "Cabezada". Our spanish waitter will help you to choose the best wine to acompany your meal. If you want to experience real spanish ambiente in Prague El Centro is place to go.
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Very nice place. Great food. wide selection of spanish dishes. Nice service. nice location where we were walking by that area (I would suggest if the put a sign somewhere near the main road).

There are newer reviews for El Centro

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We visited the restaurant on the occasion of a Spanish cuisine festival. We enjoyed especially paella which was very tasty with saffron, as well as traditional tapas (mainly chorizo al vino and tortilla). A very good price-to-quality ratio for wine. I can definitely recommend for all those who like paella with good Spanish wine.

restelcentro, Owner at El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

thank you for your rewiew. We appreciate that and feel encourage in our efforts to deliver satisfaccion to our clients

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had a feeling when I saw the oversized patio furniture crammed into the cute little internal courtyard of this place that something was off. Several tables were occupied, but there was no conversation happening at any of them. People seemed to be chewing morosely in silence. But I was tired and had seen "Oso" bucco on the menu, which I normally adore, so I climbed over some people to get to a free table and ordered it from the pleasant, mild-mannered waiter, who was kind enough to bring me tap water. Unfortunately, the "oso bucco" itself was awful. It consisted of a thin slab of flavorless shank drowning in a puddle of flavorless brown sauce. I was ravenous so took some bites anyway, but when the waiter came by to ask how it was, I asked if it might be possible to get a bit of chopped herb or condiment with flavor to add. He didn't understand, so he went in and got the cook. She lectured me about how the dish was exactly what it was supposed to be, even illustrating on her own body the slice of "cow leg." The cut was not of veal the way it is with traditional osso buco, but rather of older cow. Fortunately the french fries that came with it were pretty good. The dish cost 229 kc (about $11) which is higher than most Prague lunch entrees, but would have been a great price if it had been the real thing and better flavored.

restelcentro, Owner at El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all kind of critisism as we try to learn from them to improve our performance.
Even though I would disagree of most of your article, I would still search for any possible problems to solve them out.
What you call brown sauce its sauce made of fresh vegetables and marrow bones on the day of serving and its just the stille our cook from Malaga ( Spain ) brought from Valencia region, the heart of spanish gastronomy.
I accept that it might be not cut for your taste, but you are the first one to dislike it. Normally the meat is very tender and as you've eaten everything we could'nt verify your complain first read on the "Tripadviser".

Reviewed 24 June 2013

The restaurant offers the best Paella in Prague! I have been to Spain and eat the same stuff but can hardly say that the taste and the freshness of the ingredients is comparable to the one I tasted in El Centro in Mala Strana. The price is average and the service is superb!

1  Thank Ramon429
restelcentro, Owner at El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for ecouriging us in our quest to bring spain to Prague

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We were quite excited to found this Spanish restaurant that offer Rabbit Montanesa (CZK269), it was very delicious. We also order a Osobuco de (CZK229, veal meat if we understand correctly), which is also very tasty.

The servants are very helpful and attentive, deco and atmosphere also very nice, definitely worth a visit.

Unfortunately me and my wife are both small eater, and we did not travel to that area again, so we did not have the chance to explore the other items on the menu, but I strongly suggest that, or go in a big crowd so that you can try out the rest of menu.