“Great food,”

Bohemia Bagel Lazenska
Ranked #665 of 5,632 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Description: Bohemia Bagel Cafe is a nice friendly restaurant based in just steps from the Charles Bridge offering fresh-baked bagel sandwiches, traditional Czech dishes and American -style desserts. Bohemia Bagel has become a institution in Prague over the last ten years for informal American style dining. It is a favourite destination for foreigners visiting Prague. The menu was developed by Chef Scott Kelly, a native of Los Angeles who honed his culinary skills in New York, Beirut and Moscow before settling in Prague. This relaxed cafe serves delicious home-style cooking and an impressive line-up of American style desserts.
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The bagels were fresh and tasty. They were generous with the cream cheese. Unfortunately, we only stopped in here once on our trip and only had the bagels with cream cheese. The fries and burgers looked and smelled fabulous!! I meant to swing back by but time and all the other places to eat got in my way.

1  Thank donnas_doings

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We went here every morning. Bagels are great, other breakfast as well, coffee is good, and the staff is either very friendly or at least weirdly funny ;-)

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Living in Germany, I really miss bagels! These were the real deal! Even had asiago cheese. Great for a quick breakfast. I was confused and distracted by the bagel case so didn't see the giant sign that says table service, so I just ordered a toasted bagel, but I think they also make bagel sandwiches.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This was the first place we ate after checking into our hotel, and the service was excellent and food good. I had bagels, scramble with some tiny sausages, and my girlfriend had pancakes with bacon.

However, this sort of food is really 'is what it is' kinda stuff...pretty much impossible to get wrong, and that's why I rated it 'average'. Average isn't a diss, it's simply that serving up some bagels and some scramble and some pancakes isn't rocket science, and it didn't exceed my expectations.

The reason I'm banging on about this? My girlfriend dragged me in there on the basis of the consistently good reviews on here, and I feel that it's kind of crazy that what is essentially an expat comfort food joint (everyone in there was American when we went) can have a better position in the Prague restaurant listings than say, a proper restaurant like Gitanes, which serves up food it takes genuine skill and thought to execute.

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I did not have breakfast included at our hotel so we wanted to find somewhere local and cheap, Bohemia Bagel was the perfect choice. At the Lazenska branch an egg bagel of your choice and endless coffee is 99 crowns, my favourite was the bacon cheese and egg. The guy that runs this branch is very friendly and I gave him a decent tip. You can also buy bagels to take away with no filling for 12 crowns which is very reasonable.