“Awesome Full Tour of the City Center”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Prague
Ranked #10 of 135 Food & Drink in Prague
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Home of the Famous Prague Free Tour with some of the best guides in Europe.Both fascinating history, and a great nightlife - From the 30 years war, to the dark years of Nazi and Soviet occupation, Prague has some of the most interesting history in Europe and a great nightlife. Our tours take your through the streets and show you what makes Prague great. Our tours run year round and on all major holidays. Click a tour link to find out where and when to join us.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just go to the Old Square and you will see people holding red umbrellas by the Astrological Clock. On the umbrellas are flags indicating what language they speak during the tour. I took the English tour with Vivian and she is awesome. Really nice, funny, animated, and enthusiastic. She knew so much about the area and stories that brought the tour to a different level.

I'm traveling all around Europe and I wish I knew about them when I was in Paris! Bummer! But now I look up their site if they have any tours in the cities I will be visiting next!

I traveled to Prague solo to visit a friend who recommended a FREE TOUR (WHAT FREE???) and told to go to the main square. The city center is a 20 minute walk diameter so its not so hard to find. Once I got there I asked one of the BUSTOUR umbrella people for what they recommend is the best WALKING TOUR. and VOILA! Its not intimidating because there are bound to be solo travelers or couples/friends of all ages. It's almost like a hostel experience because you meet people from all over the world with the same purpose and love of traveling and learning.

I recommend doing this FREE WALKING TOUR first thing when you have time to get out on the city. You not only see a lot of the city and actually know what youre looking at, but they offer more information of what you could do on your own (museums) or if you want more time at a place you can always return to it later. Vivian took us for lunch to a pub that hold's their little office where you get a chance to try real czech food/beer/treats while looking at some other REALLY CHEAP and INFO PACKED tours. I decided to take the castle tour. I started the day at around 1030 and with both tours ended at 600pm just in time for a world cup game. Because of this tour I fell in love with Prague and I desperately want to go back again :)

TIPS:
A. the tour guide will explain that they are paid by tips. and believe me with all they do for us, they deserve a great tip!!!
B. take the most comfortable shoes you possibly have. Prague is entirely made up of cobble stones EVERYWHERE (outside obviously). This is new to my now seemingly fragile California body haha. I took converse which worked but the problem is that my entire body hurt (not just my feet).
C. I met some people who did the free tour and the castle tour in two days, and they were still tired. I was told to just get everything educational out of the way in one day and relax the next. but if you have more days, do all the walking tours on one day, the next day relax with another kind of activity, like paddle boats or champagne by the river.

1  Thank Adafade
Write a ReviewReviews (19,670)
All reviews
in 355 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 171 reviews

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Filip was an incredible tour guide. He was funny, friendly and full of knowledge. I've done walking tours before and this was among the best. Although the group was large, Filip was conscious of directing his attention to everyone and always explained the sights in detail. This is a great introduction to the city and I would definitely recommend this tour to any type of traveler. Thank you!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Did a walking tour with Karol. He was fantastic. Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Great value. Fantastic way to get an overview of the city. Can go back later and see the sights you enjoy. Also did the Terezenstadt Tour. Long day. Of course not enjoyable. But a worthwhile trip.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Tour guide Tomàs was great. He knew the city and was interested in the city. History and Praque were his calling. Highly recommend asking if he is giving tours the day you are in Praque.

1  Thank Ricardo B
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We are college aged backpackers and had already taken the free tour and loved it! Please if you are in Prague take the free tour on your first day. It really helps you get acquainted with the city and find out what sort of things you want to go out of your way to see. Callum was our guide and did great!

Good job on that but the castle tour left us disappointed. We spent the first hour of our 3 hour paid tour waiting for the tram. Our guide was very sweet but presented mostly facts and not a lot of historical storytelling like the free tour. The information just was overwhelming and was going in one ear and out the other.

Summary: Take the free tour and give a nice tip but skip the castle tour and explore it yourself.