“Location, location, location!”

Ranked #53 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Bangalore
“Location, location, location!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The location is fabulous. Close to everything that you would want to see for a weekend trip, close to the metro, etc etc. We stayed in a deluxe double and it was very comfortable for my friend and I. I especially loved the high ceilings of the room. While I did peek into the executive lounge, I didnt actually go there, tho it did seem great. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Breakfast was great and even though there were a lot of people there was never waiting time for anything. We also had dinner there and a couple of cocktails and food was great too. I would definitely recommend the hotel tho it does come at a bit of a price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank isheenthisheen
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you had a good time and thank you for recommending us to other travellers.

We already look forward to your return.

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
langhorne, pa
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This hotel was booked for us by our travel agent as a 5 star hotel. Our room was designated as a deluxe triple (travelling with our adult daughter) Our bad for not researching further to see that "deluxe" is the lowest category of room. Needing a triple does limit room choice, we understand that- but this room was in an alcove with three other rooms, literally right over the lobby and the bar.and overlooking a roof. There was noise from the lobby and the other rooms. If you read any of the positive reviews of this hotel you can see they are mostly the executive rooms. We asked to upgrade immediately to an executive room and were rudely told the hotel was booked- not "let us see what we can do for you" That is what I would expect of a 5 star hotel.When we asked to speak to a manager we were told there was no manager on duty- this happened multiple times during our stay. How does a 5 star hotel never have a manager on duty? The staff was hit or miss re: courtesy and helpfulness- agian not satisfactory for a 5 star hotel. In fact, the clerk who checked us in and remembered my pre-arrival emails, was downright nasty the many times we encountered him at the desk. After the first restaurant we ate in recommended by the staff was not good, we relied solely on TA for restaurants. Of the 4 hotels we stayed in during our 2 week European vacation, this was the only hotel that did not offer to provide distilled water for a cpap machine ( we would gladly have paid for it) but told us to go to the supermarket or pharmacy to buy it. Not so easy in Prague where the store clerks speak no english and don't seem to want to help tourists. After we went to 4 stores with no luck, we went back to the hotel and voiced our displeasure- they sent someone out and had it in our room in 10 mins. Why couldn't they have done that originally? A 5 star hotel should have honered that request with no trouble, not sent us on a wild goose chase. While the breakfast was one of the better ones we encountered, on our last morning we needed to be there at opening at 7 am to make our flight home. The breakfast did open on time at 7, but was not fully set up yet. Again, no manager on duty! (Hostess said the manager was home sleeping) Not acceptable for a 5 star hotel. There were other instances of poor service but I think you get my overall impression of this hotel. While there were a few good things, the bad so outweighed the good that it didn't matter. The travel service we used has said it is taking this hotel off of its list of Prague hotels. I would not stay here nor would I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sir,

We regret that despite all our efforts we were unable to satisfy your needs. Please allow me to respond to the problem areas you’ve mentioned:

1. The deluxe room you have selected is the largest deluxe room with have and it is the only one with French windows. Our regular guests often request this particular room that is although on a low floor, but it overlooks the side street of the hotel. We regret that we had no upgrade available during your stay.

2. We were surprised that you were not satisfied with the Ambiente Pasta Fresca restaurant which is considered to be one of the best in town (reviews can be checked on tripadvisor).

3. I am afraid we only sell glass water bottles in our bar/restaurant and should a guest requests a plastic bottle we recommend to take one from the minibar or to purchase one in the nearby kiosk. Please note that majority of kiosk are “self-serviced” and guests are free to help themselves with water bottle without having to speak to the clerk. I am glad though that my colleagues noticed you had a trouble with getting the water and they provided you with a large bottle complimentary.

4. Please note that our breakfast open every morning on time and the buffet is fully setup. I will however monitor this closely to ensure we follow our standards and I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

5. I was surprised by your comments that you were unable to speak to a Manager. I can only assume that you were asking for the General Manager who indeed works during the office hours only. He has assigned his trusted employees to be in charge of the duty on daily basis and they are always happy to assist all guests with their requests.

Dear Sir, we apologise if we have caused any trouble to you and we regret that you were not able to enjoy your holidays as planned.

We wish you and your partner a lovely summer and may all your expectations on all your future travels be met.

With sincere regards from Prague,

Reviewed 22 July 2013

My partner and I recently stayed here in June and this hotel is the place to stay in Prague amazing service, spa, gym? Bar and restaurant all apart of your stay! We flew in from Australia and were able to see the whole city in a few days with great recommendations and service from the Kings Court Staff! Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank MarkySheeno
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Marky,

Thank you very much for your kind words, we appreciate you took your time to write about your experience.

We hope to see you back again and we wish you a lovely winter time in Australia!

With regard from sunny Prague,
Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Just stayed in Jr. Suite in Hotel KIngs Court. This gets you to Executive Lounge, which has sodas, some hand food and beer. NIce to stop end at the end of the day for a little snack.

Huge room with 12'+ high ceilings. Wonderful chocolates at night. Buffet breakfast included, which is pretty good and even though lots of folks here, you don't ghave a hard time getting what you need. Really cool fresh squeezed OJ machine.

You are right at a Metro stop, if you'll be taking it.

Only complaint, and it's not the hotel's fault, is you are very close to the Old Town Square, which reminded me of Myrtle Beach, SC. Every restaurant on the way to the Square has someone sticking a menu in your face and there must be 50 places selling "Prague Drinking Team" t-shirts. I didn't expect this.

If you don't mind this, Hotel Kings Court will be all you'll want in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking your time to share your opinion with other travellers. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you loved our breakfast.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the Kings Court Hotel ( 03-07 till 07-07-13 ). We were very happy with our room ( room 228 ). All staff were very kind and helpfull. The breakfast was excellent !!! Thank you for all !!! We will come back in the future !!!

Best regards,

Robbie & Faouzia Van Mieghem-Mkiddem

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Robbie & Faouzia,

You are very welcome. We also thank you for being so kind and sharing your lovely experience with other travellers.

We are glad to hear that you felt comfortable and we already look forward to your return.

With regard from sunny Prague,

brussels
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed 2 nights in an executive room: not extremely large (there where some slightly larger rooms which were not classified as Junior Suite) but very weel appointed and equipped.
The executive lounge was pleasant and weel stocked, with an efficient assistant.
Only minuses: the pillows are way too soft (no alternative was offered); the bedding was not changed (the hotel is supposed to be 5*); there was no bed turn-down (but the first night there were chocholates). Common areas, apart from the lounge, are quite skimpy (practically inexistent) for a 5*, but that is comprehensible given the pricing level (slightly lower than the competition). Breakfast was very rich, but in the only restaurant of the hotel which is quite small, even adding the ouside terrace (the wheather was very good) so everything was crumped and clients and waiters were constantly bumping into each other.
The location is excellent for visising Prague and the experience is overall quite positive, although the hotel is really only 4*

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are nice and affors some open view - outside noise is not really a problem
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. Although we are glad to hear your positive comments, we were surprised and disappointed to read that you have not received your turn down service which we provide to every guest unless the "do not disturb" sign is on. Please note that the bedding is regularly changed every three days which is a standard of most hotels worldwide. I am sure you will agree that changing the linen on daily basis is unnecessary and certainly not environment friendly. If however our guests express their wish of fresh linen, we change this immediately without a question.

We thank you for your suggestion of having harder pillows. We have got number of different types of pillows and I can only assume that all "harder" pillows were in use during your stay. We have now purchase more of these so that we prevent any similar situation from re-occurring and I thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Once again we thank you for your precious time and we very much hope to welcome you back in the future.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My third trip to Prague and stay at the Kings Court started out very poorly. The airline lost my suitcase somewhere between Detroit and Prague. Czech Air had no clue and could do nothing for me at the airport, so I left the airport without my suitcase and headed to Kings Court. Upon arrival, I explained my luggage situation and the executive lounge receptionist- sorry, I am very poor with names, said not to worry and checked me in. All evening, the staff were in contact with Czech Air. At 10:00 PM, they made a call again, and had found the bag. A courier delivered it several hours later. I can't tell you what a gut wrenching feeling it is to start a vacation without a suitcase. What would have started out as a miserable week ended up the beginning of a fantastic stay at Prague and Kings Court. The staff went above and beyond to find my bag and I will be forever grateful. I don't believe the staff at any other hotel would have spend the time and effort to help me out like they did. They genuinely care about their guests and it shows. The staff is the true measure of the quality of a hotel and Kings Court surpasses all others in this regard.
Kings Court is truly a special hotel and the only place I will stay while visiting Prague. Pavel. K. is a true friend, as well as as the other staff at the lobby bar.
I won't go on about the room, but it was clean, comfortable and is my home in Prague- I always stay at the same room.
Thanks again, I am planning my next visit already.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Steve M
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Steve,

We were thrilled when reading your fantastic feedback. We thank you ever so much for sharing your experience with others on this website.

We are very proud of our team and we realise they are the key to our guests' satisfaction. We will ensure they are rewarded for their excellent job.

We very much look forward to your next visit!

With warm regards from Prague,