“I know that I am a hard marker!”
Review of La Finestra

La Finestra
Ranked #41 of 5,820 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Description: La Finestra in Cucina was opened in 2009 as the second restaurant of Italian chef Riccardo Lucque. The restaurant features an open kitchen where you can observe Chef Tomáš Černý performing his artistry as he prepares your chosen meal. La Finestra specializes in meat dishes. Beside the culinary experience, La Finestra wants to build the largest wine cellar of quality Italian wines in the Czech Republic. The adapted wine cellar was installed for this purpose.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellent food, service, and a great location. I booked this restaurant from the Internet and was thrilled that I did. Our hotel concierge could not get us a reservation as it was fully booked. It also has a nice atmosphere. A must if you like Italian/international food. Delightful!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,451)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

A colleague recommended Finestra and I'll thank him on Monday. The food was wonderful and the service was world class. We had perfectly cooked pasta with an abundance of fresh shrimp and vegetables. The fish was fresh and perfectly cooked. The wine we selected worked well with all of our selections and the staff were attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Being near our hotel made the whole experience fantastic.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a place where you get the best food and service possible. You pay for it but it is worth of every penny. Highly recommended, I am not sure that there are too many places like this in Prague.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

La Finestra was highly recommended by the concierge at our hotel, and we very much enjoyed it. Totally cool place - neat decor with exposed brick walls and wooden tables and hardwood floors. Very good service. Fresh high quality food, and the chef puts a fresh face on Italian dishes. We were interested in fish -- waiter brought out a cart with every fish on the menu so we could see the whole fish as he held it up before our table. We were also interested in meat -- again waiter brought out a cart with every cut of meat on the menu so we could see it for ourselves as he held it up. I had the best aged cut of steak that I've ever had. Delicious meal. Extensive wine list of Italian wines. Reservations are a must. I would definitely eat here again. It is one of the best Italian restaurants I've been to -- anywhere.
NOTE: For breakfast or lunch, try the little place next door -- La Bottega Di Finestra -- same owner, a wonderful little place.

1  Thank tryntoctheworld
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A good address in Prague, a fresh tasty food, nice service.
It's a very expensive place but still affordable if you go for quality.