“Great food, awesome service a perfect wine selection”

Grand Cru Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #153 of 5,697 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$12 - US$42
Cuisines: Czech, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: We cook international cuisine prepared by Jan Punčochář and his team. We put emphasis mainly on fresh and quality ingredients, both Czech and from abroad. No specialization, no restrictions, we simply cook whatever we enjoy. Together with Jakub Čebiš, head sommelier, we pay attention to perfect harmony of food and wine. Jan Punčochář regularly refreshes his menu, nevertheless, his legendary Pigeon is always there.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Me and my wife went there for dinner last night and we found lovely place. How the title said - everything was awesome. You can try different type of wine by glass or by bottle. Bar staff will help with food pairing (cheeses, daily offer or menu). This place reminds me some wine bars from Sydney - compare to other Czech bar wines this one is on top level.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

While walking by these streets behind Palladium, I seen that old yellow house, like hidden. The place seems new and while I was watching from the entrance a tall waiter convinced me to have a diner promising I wouldn't regret it. I had there a great surprise, rabbit loin which appear to be black and cooked with ash, John Dory filet with citrus with stuffed baby eggplants. I decided to go to the end and choose a stawberry macaron. The food tasted great and was well presented into original porcelaine. Prices was a surprise regarding the ingredients and the quality of the dishes, I paid only 815Kc and had a glass of pinot gris wine for 105Kc and some Vougeot for 160kc. The service was great and the waiter which I forgot the name, was true. Houses of that quality are just a few in Prague. I will definitely bring a friend next time.

1  Thank Alenor
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have visitied a Grand Cru bar many times in a past few months. I have never been dissapointed. Also lunch menu is just great. You must visit some of their wines degustations. Be sure, it is the best wine in Prague. If you are an wine lover or beginner, this is a place where you can not make a mistake. Pleasent staff, reasonable prices for an excelent wines, great hospitality, amazing sommeliers ... what else are you looking for? Have a business lunch there or romantic dinner. This is just place, where you want to stay. 6stars of 5... you will not regret.

Also kitchen is great due to excellent frenc cuisine with a french chef. He will spoil you with great food, its smell, look and excelent taste.

Grand Cru bar is one of my favourite place to eat and drink in Prague! Definately worth to go there! You will not regret!

1  Thank Zbynek_Prim
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

A great hideaway in a historical village house in Prague centre, this place screams history and elegant charm. French chef prepares fresh fish, mostly from Bretagne, as well as great meat and poultry such as quail. A super fresh St Jacques carpaccio with vanilla is to die for. They also have a decent choice of unpasteurized cheese as well as great charcuteries, including Spanish ham such as iberico bellota. The best caviar serving I have ever had. However it is the winelist which draws attention with probably more than 1000 items. It features all Bordeaux premiers crus classes, great names of Burgundy (Dugat, Liger-Belair, Leroy of Leflaive to name a few), German rieslings and many sweet wines including Yquem. Many older vintages and lesser known wines too. And most wine is exceptionally priced for a restaurant so you can have a great bottle for a decent price. A treat indeed and a must go if you are in Prague.

1  Thank Nejm1
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Newly opened restaurant in the center of the city. We had a three course lunch which was superb. Staff was extremely service minded without being intrusive.

Will definitely go back next time we are in Prague and try the À la carte menu.