“Beyond competition of Wines and Great food”

Grand Cru Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #38 of 5,857 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$12 - US$42
Cuisines: Czech, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Description: We cook international cuisine prepared by Jan Punčochář and his team. We put emphasis mainly on fresh and quality ingredients, both Czech and from abroad. No specialization, no restrictions, we simply cook whatever we enjoy. Together with Jakub Čebiš, head sommelier, we pay attention to perfect harmony of food and wine. Jan Punčochář regularly refreshes his menu, nevertheless, his legendary Pigeon is always there.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was w. my wife a great new open after reconstructed Wine bar a restaurant Grand Cru in the historic part centrum Prague.We been totally surprised of inside space atmosphere....Staff was very professional,educated about wine and food service.Excellent wine choices 1200+,served at the perfect temperature.Dinner was fantastic,Bratagne snails,variation of rabbit,French duck,Texas beef and dessert.....Wau....Rhubarb souffle,apricot poached in lavender sirup,homemade ice creams.........Bretagne Chef comes say hello after dinner....Decor is very inviting creating the special atmosphere.Big recommendation.

1  Thank peter k

Reviewed 16 June 2014

For the first time, I visited Grand Cru bar with my partner just to enjoy a glass of wine. I keep returning to this bar. I love the original French cuisine and the unique wide choice of wines! The service is excellent - professional, very kind and helpful not only with the wine choice. The atmosphere is pleasant, the food delicious. The ratio of price and value you get is more than reasonable. I definitely recommend!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We´ve been here for moderated wine tasting of Austrian wines with professional sommelier. Lovely atmosphere, great food, smiley & professional staff and absolutely fabulous wines made us a great evening.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife called Grand Cru bar: my place :-) Nice wine bar where you always give great glass of wine or a bottle. The kitchen is super, French chef sticks to his craft. Their snails, fish are directly divine with a glass of wine JJ Prum Riesling! We look forward to the restaurant.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was there three weeks ago with my girlfriend. It is a small wine bar with excellent wine list. They have hundreds of wines. Based on the sommelier's recommendation we drank a bottle of brilliant Riesling from J.J.Prun. It was perfect combination with our starter - scallops carpaccio and snails.
If you are a wiine lover make sure to stop by :-)

1  Thank Jaroslav O