“Great Wine Selection”

Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: Czech, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Description: We cook international cuisine prepared by Jan Punčochář and his team. We put emphasis mainly on fresh and quality ingredients, both Czech and from abroad. No specialization, no restrictions, we simply cook whatever we enjoy. Together with Jakub Čebiš, head sommelier, we pay attention to perfect harmony of food and wine. Jan Punčochář regularly refreshes his menu, nevertheless, his legendary Pigeon is always there.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The kitchen has been unfortunately closed (they told me kitchen staff is on holidays by mid July), so I could not try the recommended dishes by a French chef. I was however swallowed by the cool and elegant interior and a decent cold dish selection and decided to stay. A good decision. Not only were the chracuterie and cheeses excellent (try unbeatable bellota iberico or delicious salami with roquefort), but it was the huge and diverse wine list which was a revelation. I have visited a few wine bars in Paris and Barcelona, but they pale in comparison with Grand Cru selection. The list is focused on France primarily (you feel like somewhere in Beaune) but German rieslings, Italy and Spain are also well represented. There is an enomatic machine, so many good wines are served by the glass. And most wines are very well priced too. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. If you like good wine, this is the place to go in Prague.

3  Thank Martin D

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was really surprised about the atmosphere, vaiters and the food of course. Excellent wine selection! :)

4  Thank Fí L
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was w. my wife a great new open after reconstructed Wine bar a restaurant Grand Cru in the historic part centrum Prague.We been totally surprised of inside space atmosphere....Staff was very professional,educated about wine and food service.Excellent wine choices 1200+,served at the perfect temperature.Dinner was fantastic,Bratagne snails,variation of rabbit,French duck,Texas beef and dessert.....Wau....Rhubarb souffle,apricot poached in lavender sirup,homemade ice creams.........Bretagne Chef comes say hello after dinner....Decor is very inviting creating the special atmosphere.Big recommendation.

1  Thank peter k
Reviewed 16 June 2014

For the first time, I visited Grand Cru bar with my partner just to enjoy a glass of wine. I keep returning to this bar. I love the original French cuisine and the unique wide choice of wines! The service is excellent - professional, very kind and helpful not only with the wine choice. The atmosphere is pleasant, the food delicious. The ratio of price and value you get is more than reasonable. I definitely recommend!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We´ve been here for moderated wine tasting of Austrian wines with professional sommelier. Lovely atmosphere, great food, smiley & professional staff and absolutely fabulous wines made us a great evening.