“What a find!”

Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Czech, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: Grand Cru Restaurant et Bar is located in the centre of Prague in a historically protected baroque building from the 19th century. In this unique bar you can choose from over 1,200 wines from carefully selected vineries representing the best that current global wine market offers. First class service as well as French chef´s warm and cold culinary delights should definitely not be overlooked.
Reading, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We found this restaurant because it was the closest to our hotel. And what a find, great food, fantastic wine and super friendly and we'll informed staff. Gonzales, our sommelier on the first night was excellent (and yes we did go back it was that good). The squid carpaccio was my daughter's favourite and I had the best chicken I've ever tasted. Highly recommend this aspiring Michelin star place.

5 Thank Scott C

• Czech first
  • Slovak first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Such a lovely addition to the Prague restaurant scene”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We visited this brand new restaurant after we had heard some positive signals from friends.

I remember this restaurant used to be "U Cervena Tabulka", and it is amazing what they have done with the place, you will not recognise it. They have a beautiful bar area, and an incredible wine selection/cellar.

The food was simply out of this world. We all tried different dishes, which were all amazing. Our favourites were the octopus carpaccio, the lamb and definitely the cherry dessert.

Will be back soon!

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank MatthijsPrague
Prague
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best restaurant.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This is really wonderfull restaurant. Servis there is very professional,all meals there are excellente and the atmoshere is very very kind. I was surprised,if I came there. The best restaurant I have ever visited :)

1 Thank Terez1973
“Best restaurant”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I was there few days ago and it was the best decision. Food was amazing and selection of wine 1000+ is amazing

2 Thank Kristinka T
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great Wine Selection”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The kitchen has been unfortunately closed (they told me kitchen staff is on holidays by mid July), so I could not try the recommended dishes by a French chef. I was however swallowed by the cool and elegant interior and a decent cold dish selection and decided to stay. A good decision. Not only were the chracuterie and cheeses excellent (try unbeatable bellota iberico or delicious salami with roquefort), but it was the huge and diverse wine list which was a revelation. I have visited a few wine bars in Paris and Barcelona, but they pale in comparison with Grand Cru selection. The list is focused on France primarily (you feel like somewhere in Beaune) but German rieslings, Italy and Spain are also well represented. There is an enomatic machine, so many good wines are served by the glass. And most wines are very well priced too. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. If you like good wine, this is the place to go in Prague.

• Visited July 2014