“Good service decent food in great location”
Review of U Mlynare

Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hradcany & Letna
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We decided to eat here because of all the good reviews on trip advisor. They were right. Food was good and service had no faults. Staff spoke good English and as we ate quite early around 6 pm there still was plenty of room in the restaurant. I had pork steak and my daughter had fish as she doesn’t eat meat. They were both tasty as well as potatos with filling. Good place to visit if you are in vicinity of the castle. In general, I recommend restaurants on castle side for dinners. We found them better than in old town.

1  Thank Kirsi S

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Excellent meal great service until the bill arrived. The meals were great a lovely piece of salmon and great ribs served by a very friendly waiter wearing a chef hat.

After ordering and receiving 2 coffees and 1 absinth we went on to order the same again. The coffees arrived served by the gentleman who had been working behind the bar all evening, when the absinth didn't arrive we asked for it again and it was brought to the table very quickly by a different waiter.

When the bill arrived we were charged for 3 absinth we questioned this and were told in an aggressive manner by a third waiter (the chap in the chef hat) who had neither brought the coffees or 2nd absinth that we had received 3! Although the drink was removed from the bill this very much took the shine off a lovely evening. . I have never and would never try to get a free drink in an underhand way by lying having spent many years as a waitress I have far more respect for staff in restaurants.

I am even more disappointed by the response from the manager to my husbands review stating that the staff recall removing 3 glasses - clearly not the truth. A shame as we left without leaving a tip which I wouldn't usually do!! When back in Prague this restaurant won't be top of the list to visit.

Daniel N, Manager at U Mlynare, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Key,

I responded to your husbands review and I apologized for our restaurant. However I also wanted to prove that such a behaviour is not tolerable in our restaurant and that we have no intentions in chargerging somthing more than u took.
Neverthless that you accuse us for something that never happen before and that surely won´t happen again. And without andy proof and without wanting speak with manager of restaurant in the moment that this thing happened i see this reviews really degrading.

But as I said in previous response, I am really sorry for your bad experience and We will do our best to avoid such things from happening again. Because our guests and our good reputation are the most important things to us.

Daniel

Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We came there due to the good reviews on Tripadvisor. The food was very good ( gulasch soup in bread plate and the pig's knee). The service first was very bad - we had to wait for ages to be noticed and to get the menus. Then it turned to excellent - the tall guy with long hair who speaks all the languages was very friendly and helpful. At the end the chef came out to our table, and we did the final pay with him. That was kind of very sweet. We left full and happy. Overall it felt like quite a good place to stop in busy Prague!

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Although in a prime tourist area this place is worth a visit. Firstly the beer is good and not expensive. Food tasty and fairly priced . Staff friendly. Atmosphere very nice.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The food and beer were excellent and very reasonably priced. It was all very good apart from one small part at the end that soured the experience.

As has been said on other reviews the service can be a bit hit and miss but you expect that in Prague. The service we haad was very good aprt from when the bill came and they had charged us for 3 shorts when they had only brought 2 and we'd had to ask for the 2nd one twice, hence the confusion I guess. The chap in the chef outfit the got a bit shirty saying we had had 3, but the younger waiter just sorted it and took it off the bill.

It took the shine of what was otherwise a really nice night. Without that I would have given it a very good rating.

Daniel N, Manager at U Mlynare, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Paul P,

we are really sorry for your bad experience. I instantly questioned the staff about this incident and they told me, that they were pretty sure of you ordering and receving three shots of absinth, because they remember not only pouring them, but also carring away three glasses of absinth.
Of course this doesnt mean that you are wrong, but i hope that at least it proves, that we would never charged our guest for something he didnt eat/drink.

Our good reputation is for us one of the most important things.

So, please dont be disappointed and next time youll come to Prague, please visit us and let us prove, that such things in our restaurant doesnt happen.

With apologies