“Stay at Grand Majestic Plaza, Prague - 20 - 27 August 2012”

Hotel Grand Majestic Plaza Prague
Ranked #75 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a week's holiday at the Grand Majestic Plaza Hotel, Prague. We chose this hotel from web, firstly for its location and wanted a 4* hotel. This is a first class hotel and definitely lives up to its 4* rating. The location was excellent and this hotel was only 3 years old having been erected within the shall of business property. The staff were above and beyond helpful and pleasant. The decor was really modern, comfortable and of a high standard. Our room had a very modern bathroon and a spacious room which was again very comfortable, with all the facilities of its 4* rating. Our bed was changed twice during our week's stay and towels every day. A varied and first class breakfast was served in the dining room and again the decor very modern and providing plenty seating at two, four and six place settings according to number of persons in group. I could recommend this hotel without any hesitation. We had a wonderful week there, topped by very hot and sunny weather.

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be acceptable - very quiet at night. No late night noises at all
1  Thank Sheena R
GrandMajesticFOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Grand Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Sheena,

I am so pleased that your husband and you enjoyed your stay with us and our central location was suitable for all your needs. Thank you so much for your exceptional comments about our hotel and our staff.

We truly appreciate your outstanding rating and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed here 2 nights with a couple of friends. Hotel has perfect location for a city trip. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. Breakfast was fresh and had a good variety. Based ony my experience I would definitely recommend the hotel for a city trip to Prague.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Orins D
GrandMajesticFOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Grand Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear Guest,

It´s always a great feeling when we hear our guests talk about their positive experiences about our hotel. It means a lot to us. Thank you and we hope you come visit us again.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

This was my first time in Prague. The location was good, easy walking distance to whatever you would want to see/do in the city, from Charles Bridge to many wonderful cafes.
The staff was exceptionally friendly. From check-in to check-out, the staff was always very friendly, knowledgable, and willing to help, from luggage to restaurant recommendations.
The room is well-appointed, as well as the bathroom amenities. The bathroom was spacious and had many good extras, including a converter embedded in the hair dryer! (I get so easily amused) There is, free, hard-wired internet in the room, and free wi-fi access in the lobby. The housekeeping staff was efficient, and even honored a late do not disturb sign. If I had one complaint, it would be that the air conditioning in the room was not up to my standards. (I found this to be true throughout my European vacation, so I think it just might be the standard for Europe. Oh well, when in Rome)
Finally, although I do not know exactly how much I paid, because I purchased a multi-city package, I do know it was VERY affordable, which makes it all the more appealing. If I ever return to Prague, I will definitely return to this property.

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read about your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for your compliments regarding your stay. We truly appreciate your outstanding rating and love to hear that our guests will return. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Have just returned from a week in Prague, Totally enjoyed the Grand Majestic, excellent value for money for the location. Very clean and tidy rooms, large selection on breakfast buffet and helpful staff. Only negative would be that the gentleman checking us in wasn't very helpful and didn't seem that interested to sort out our request for bathrobes, although we had emailed the hotel beforehand. The rest of the staff had more than made up for this during the week. We will be recommending the grand majestic to our friends who maybe visiting Prague.

1  Thank oldwiz
PetrPetty, Director of Operations at Hotel Grand Majestic Plaza Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We truly appreciate your comments, and are thrilled that you had such a memorable stay. We are lucky to have such a great staff, and we thank you for recognizing the quality service they provide. If your travels bring you to Prague again we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Very nice and modern place, enjoyed every minute of it. An impressive lobby, efficient staff, cleaners know their job really well. I had a twin room on my solo trip, pretty spacious and quiet. Bathroom fittings,furnishings and toiletries are of a high standard. Nice and soft pillows, great mattress, thoroughly enjoyed my sleep after busy days.Tea and coffee making facilities (which I never used), such a nice touch. My only concern is the air conditioning, which was a bit loud for me, so I had to use my ear plugs (I hope not everyone is that sensitive!) Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend the place, you'll love every minute of it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad you were able to enjoy this beautiful city. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Our room was robbed, our suitcases opened and ransacked. We lost our computer, cell phone and passports. I agree, our passports should have been with us, or in the safe. But the computer did not fit in the safe and was charging, as well as the cell phone. So far, the hotel has not offered any compensation and wants to see original receipts which I no longer have. We had to call the police, go to the station, etc. There were no cameras in the hall rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting Hotel Grand Majestic Plaza during your visit to the Czech Republic
We appreciate the fact that you took the time to write these comments. Let us excuse for the fact that your room was robbed.
I would like to inform you that in Guest Directories we inform all our guest, that We cannot assume responsibility for cash or valuables left in guest rooms, so we strongly encourage to use the hotel’s complimentary safe-deposit boxes in each room. The size of our safe is sufficient and safe for laptop. Still waiting for the decisions of an insurance.

Best regards

Reviewed 21 August 2012

This was a fab hotel in a good location, and walking distance to all the attractions. The hotel was spotless, staff helpful and friendly and the breakfast was good setting you up for the day. Wouldr recommend this hotel and will definitely stop here again. Booked this trip via Jet2 and was well worth it!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for selecting Hotel Grand Majestic Plaza during your visit to the Czech Republic and thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.

I was glad to read, that you enjoyed the hotel location, and in particular the service provided by the Team Members.

Please note, that our guests satisfaction and feedback are of great importance to us.
Look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Grand Majestic Plaza in the near future.

Your Sincerely,