Hotel PurPur
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Suite Home Prague(Prague)
Amarilis(Prague)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewspur purold townproper showerimportant placeswalking distancesmall kitchentwo single beds pushed togetherinternet connectionmins walk awaydecent breakfasthotel is locatedreception staffquiet roomby footcity centretrain stationstove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I hate to be the one person that criticizes this hotel, but I guess it is good to hear all points of view.
I stayed here last summer, and the first thing that I couldn't stand was the fact that there was no AC, which wasn't totally unbearable during the night if you opened that windows. All staff seemed very young, and very lost.
Rooms are very basic, and if I recall correctly, there are no phones in the room. They do offer free Wi-Fi, which off course, didn't work in the room I stayed in, so I would have to go to the lobby to use it.
Breakfast is continental and included. Coffee, cereal and toast.
Good location, not too far from main attractions.
Overall not great but nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Katherine K
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed here for a hen weekend. The Accomodation is basic but clean and comfortable. The breakfast was a little odd, no traditional hot buffet, but we managed on pate and toast and a limited continental selection. The reception lacks any atmosphere and there is no bar, or general social area but it is situated quite conveniently to Wenceslas square and easy access into town. I wouldn't recommend this for a romantic weekend but for a hen weekend it was perfectly adequate

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Having been offered a small basement room in Residence Bene I'm so glad I found this place. The rooms are very modern and the staff are friendly.

Although I'm here on my own I have a room with 2 single beds side-by-side, one across the room and a fold-down seat/bed.

There is a 2-ring electric hob and a fridge, partially stocked with mini-bar items.

The Wi-fi is pretty fast and works consistently, unlike Residence Dlouha, a more expensive place I had stayed in a couple of nights before.

Breakfast is included and is ok.

The only criticisms I have are:

one evening when taking a shower around 8 P.M. the water was only luke warm.

The 8 or so TV channels are all in Czech. No suprise there and not really a criticism, just thought I'd mention it.

Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2013

small but very nice rooms (I have been there more times). very good location in the center. new bathrooms, very clean, but sometimes smell bad. The receptionists very ofthe are foriners and do not speak czech, but are very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I'd class it as a 3 star hotel. It is good and the free wifi is bonus. The staff were good and friendly but were reluctant to recommend anywhere to go when asked. I mean that I am not sure if they didn't know much about their city or just didn't want to answer questions.

The bathrooms are weird, they have a glass wall that sees into the bedroom so everyone in your room can see you using the toilet or shower. They have a curtain but it is on the outside of the glass so it is at the control of those not using the facilities.

Try the Italian restaurant at the end of the street it is good and cheap.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends