“Good value, good location, nice rooms, lacking in the details”
Review of Da Vinci Old Town

Da Vinci Old Town
Da Vinci Old Town
Ranked #472 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Worth a stay in the off season when the prices are lower. The location is 10 minutes walk from Wecelaslas Square or 2 minutes to the nearest underground station or tram stop. Staff were friendly though absent from the desk on 2 occasions when we returned late at night with the entrance locked! The rooms are clean tidy and of adequate size, the bed covers were however small and lacking on cold nights. The bathroom was a little small but adequate. I would stay there again but wouldn't pay top rates.

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed 11 July 2011

This is a sweet hotel within walking distance of he best of Prague; and reasonably priced too. The breakfast is good -- actually just came from a week sleeping in some of the best hotels in Europe, and after that, I would still say the breakfast is decent for the price. I only wish it was on a quiet street.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank AirJanet
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Take good walking shoes for the cobbled streets.

Went with cousins and family friend (6 women) and had a great 4 nights/5 days stay. Our board was bed & breakfast and it was a continental breakfast which we managed to make every day before heading out. Our room windows had a main 4 lane road outside but once I had earplugs in I didn't hear the traffic. No air conditioning which would be needed in the summer.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MAUCAL
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I can't fault this hotel. All staff very helpful & friendly their local knowledge invaluable. The room was light & airy & we slept very well. The breakfast included both hot & cold choices & it certainly "set you up" for the day. Most of the sights were within walking distance & for further afield the Tram/Metro Station a few minutes walk away. Tram Metro Bus 24 hr ticket 100 C k or 50 for over 60's.
A restaurent "Matylda" recommended by reception was excellent & we ate there a number of times, it was a 5 min walk from the hotel. The staff were very friendly with a good sense of humour, not always the case in Prague restaurants.
This hotel would be my first choice for any return trip.

Room Tip: A room on the side street if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank denria
Reviewed 22 January 2011

After reading some of the reviews for this hotel then staying, I was totally disappointed. The hotel is very poorly maintained. The shower curtains smell really bad and look dirty, the refrigerator in the room didn't work, the walls in the hotel are dirty, the carpet is gross, no US converter/adapter and some additional minor things. The good things about it were the service, includes breakfast, free internet in the lobby, great heat and the location. The reception desk was very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ThatChica088
Reviewed 27 December 2010

They over-charge my credit without my permission.
Last year i booked a room at da vinchi a month before i visit Prague.
When i got there at the address the receptionist told me that the da vintci was sold and now for about 2 week is elephant hotel and they know nothing about my reservation.
After many calls and a lot difficulties i discover that there is a new (or another) da Vinci in Prague so i call them and told me that they going to arrange my accommodation for free at a near by ex-da Vinci hotel. (until now i payied only a small fee for the reservation about 20e).
After my staying in the other hotel at the check out told me that i have to pay 180e (it was 3 nights) so i explain that the room is paid from da Vinci hotel and after some calls they say ok.
So far so good but after 15 days da Vinci charge my credit without ask me or sighn anything 210e (not even 180e the fee of the hotel i stayed).
I know nothing about da vintchi but one is for sure IT IS NOT REABLE.
PS. the reason I rote my review a year after is because I didn’t t know about tripadvisor.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nafunkykotes
Reviewed 22 November 2010

minor points - no bar, basic breakfast, the area was poor,(a little out of town and on a busy road).
plus's - interior was very nice, extremely comfortable beds and nice staff.
for the money its great value.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo