“AMAZING”
Review of Red & Blue

Red & Blue
Ranked #74 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Cannot fault this hotel. We stayed for 2 nights over the christmas market period
Hotel wes excellent. Rooms were lovely and spotless with very comfy beds. slight walk to the old town but a very nice walk or you can jump on the tram.
I work for a travel company and do spend my time reasearching hotels before i book but no need to ( just book this one)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I had a really wonderful stay at Red and Blue Design Hotel in Prague. The room was new, spacious, clean and nicely furnitured. The bed is big and comfortable. You can chose other kinds of pillow and duvet, if you wouldn't be satisfied with the ones already in the room. The room had a small area with a desk and the possibility to make coffee or tea, which was great for starting the morning with a cup of tea or after coming back after a chilly day walking around in the city. The heating worked well. The location is very quiet on a calm street close to a park. If you prefere walking instead of using buses or metro, you can reach all parts on the city on foot from the hotel. The bathroom is all new and with a big shower. I used the taxi pick up to go from and to the airport and it worked out very well. I can highly recommend it as well as the other services provided by the hotel. A wonderful trip and I will for sure stay here again next time I go to Prague!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We loved this hotel. It is very easy to get to by metro from the airport and is in easy walking distance from the main sights. Having spent 4 days walking round Prague We would say this hotel is in a perfect, beautiful location. it is aways from the main tourist traps, loud bars and tourist gift shops so ideal for those people who want to see more of Prague than the main tourist areas.

Our room on the top floor looked out over the rooftops of Prague, was lovely and warm and well equipped with a hair drier, mini bar and room safe.

Breakfast was excellent with a great range of juices and food, especially the Czech sandwiches and "pigs ears" cookies.

A great hotel and fantastic value for money

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank highland_Mc
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This was my 4th visit to Prague and I have always booked the hotel last minute. Previous time was at Moevenpick which was great in 2008 and this time I found this hotel for an unreal deal on expedia the day before check-in.
I really wasn't expecting much but was very happy with my decision to stay here. We were on the top floor so the room wall was slanted to accommodate the roof but overall the whole room was clean and contemporary. We were also facing the road and into the park which is a refreshing change from most properties in Prague.
I was in a pinch to charge my ipad and the receptionist saw my strain so offered hers from her own laptop for me to use which was very nice of her.
The only tips I have is maybe you should call the hotel and reserve a parking stall before you arrive. When we showed up they initially said it was full but found me a spot which is about a 3 minute walk up the road.
Also the hotel check-in is used for condos around the city so it can get fairly busy around check-in time. Overall for the price I paid I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
As for the location it isn't for you if you are looking to be right next to the tourist attractions but we just parked our car and walked to the Charles Bridge area and if we felt like it sometimes we would take the metro back to the shopping centre area near the andels hotel, buy a few snacks and adult beverages and retreat to our room. I prefer this arrangement over spending more money on accommodation and getting an old and small room right next to all the crowds.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Brilliant place to stay, could not find fault with anything. The beds are really really comfortable, rooms gorgeous.staff at reception are friendly and always smiling. We had a couple of great meals at a local restaurant called the Olympia, excellent food and reasonable prices, not far from hotel, would stay at this hotel if went to Prague again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Although the hotel is a little bit away from the centre of the city, it provides a great position to really explore other beautiful sites such as Petrin Hill. Also, Prague is a smaller city, so you can reach everywhere pretty easily on foot.

Cituated across from a park, and in a lovely quiet street, the Red and Blue Design hotel was really a great find thanks to Trip Advisor. Reception staff were very helpful with any request, and assisted us in making a few bookings and reservations with nothing but a smile.

The rooms are beautiful, and I would recommend one facing the park. Modern, large and super clean. The bed is also extremely comfortable. And a very nice, large bathroom. Just perfect.

Breakfast (which was included in the price) has a HUGE array of assorted delicacies, and is constantly replenished fresh out of the kitchen, which was nice to see.

The cost of the hotel itself is very reasonable, and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone wanting a value for money hotel in Prague.

Room Tip: Half of the rooms in the hotel have a blue theme, and the other half red. We were assigned a blue ro...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend.

Upon arrival the lady on the reception was busy, but she got us checked in very efficiently.

We found the room was nice and cosy (it was v.cold outside!). The decor was cool and very clean.

The breakfast was very good. Lots of choice! We were well set up for a day of sightseeing!

The location was ok, it could have been better, but we were still able to walk to most of the sights. We used the tram a couple of times. There are tram stops close to the Hotel.

We were concerned about the hill that the hotel is on, but for the average person this really isn't a problem to walk up.

We highly recommend the Red and Blue Design Hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple