“Great location, clean and modern design!”
Review of Red & Blue

Red & Blue
Ranked #78 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed at the Red and Blue Design hotel for one night for business. It was a really good experience! The room was large and modern, with a comfy bed. In terms of location, it's a 5-10 minute walk into the city centre so very convenient. The breakfast was simply perfect, with a good choice of breads, juices, fruit and cooked breakfast. The design is very modern and it really was fantastic value for money. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Red & Blue

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Yes - the hotel is not in the center of everything but that is what we really appreciated after being in Prague for 5 nights. Location was close enough to walk to most everything but away from the noise and chaos of the main tourist areas. When roaming around we compared our hotel to the locations of others we saw on the internet and were happy with our choice. The breakfast was very good by euro standards and came in handy for long days of touring. Room was not big by any means but we had what I think was a King bed and on the fifth floor with view of Petrin Park and was quiet. We had a great time with no complaints whatsoever.

Room Tip: higher floor with view of park was nice
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed at the Red and Blue Design Hotel in December last year and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is in a very quiet location and only a short walk to most attractions.

Our room was large and comfortable. Very quiet at night so we always had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was ok but nothing to write home about. We had room service for dinner the night we arrived as we were very tired but it was not good at all. There is some really good restaurants very close by so i'd recommend going for a short walk rather then eating in.

Overall - would i stay here again? Maybe. If we had more money we might have found somewhere better but it was very good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The hotel is super clean and well kept. The bed was great and front desk staff very friendly. The room is big and comfortable with nice amenities. The bathroom is very big with independent shower and tube that's very nice after a day of long walks.

Some people say the hotel is not near to the Charles Bridge but it's not far. The hotel is located in a very calm and quiet area and it's just a 20-30 minutes walk from the old town city center and a 10-15 minutes walk from the bridge. In fact it's a nice walk with lots of different ways and nice things to see.

Although the general experience was nice when you're staying in a nice design hotel you also expect a nice breakfast and that was the only fault we notice. The coffee was too "american", almost like a tea (sorry US friends, we love you but your coffee has too much water on it) and no fresh juices, only boxed ones. All that could be forgiven, but the bread looked two days old everyday. In a nutshell, the breakfast was so plain that we skipped it for two days and went out for a nicer meal.

I have only good things to say about the Red and Blue and would stay in this hotel again but I hope they improve their breakfast for the next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Visited Prague for a long weekend with my partner and friends and stayed at the Red and Blue hotel. We were mainly in Prague for the tourist trail and night life, but thought it was worth while passing comment on the accommodation. The hotel was really good for what we needed, it had nice sized rooms with good bathroom facilities. The service and assistance provided by the hotel staff, was nothing short of fantastic. If we ever needed anything, cabs, recommended restaurants, tickets for attractions, then we only had to mention this and the staff arranged the rest. Breakfast, well what can I say, nothing short of first class, they catered for everyones needs, with an extensive culinary line up, that set you up for a busy day. In terms of location, it was pretty much spot on for our needs, not bang in the city centre, but close enough to walk into town. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay and would do so myself, if I was to return to Prague.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank David R
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I recently stayed here for several days, mainly based on the good reviews on Trip Advisor. I just want to say the reviews are not true. While I agree that the room was clean and the staff was nice, there were a number of other issues. For starters, no tissues, no paper, no shower cap, and no pen in the room. The room was so small I could barely fit my luggage (which was only carry ons) and my husband and I couldn't fit in the bathroom at the same time. The other problem was that the shower doors didn't fit together, so we constantly flooded the bathroom, which made the floor slippery and dangerous.

We paid for breakfast, and had to check in every morning with a rude woman, monitoring the room. As bad as the breakfast was, I can't imagine why they would think anyway would try to sneak in to eat it. Overall, I would not go back.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank spaggetts
Andy321, Manager at Red & Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear Spaggetts

Thank you for your review.

My team and I are very thankful for every review we receive. We always do our best to rectify anything what we did wrong, did not do or should have done better. Even though we all work hard to deliver the perfect product, we all are people and these things unfortunately happen. I am very sorry that in your case we were not able to meet your expectations.

Please find bellow my comments on your review:
Yes, we do not have tissues, paper, shower cap, and pen in the room. All these are available at the reception on request - one simple call would have been enough and my colleagues would bring these to you free of charge. It is a pity that you did not let us know that you needed these.

As I have mentioned several times on this page, our hotel is a fully reconstructed building from 1890s'. This means that not all rooms are the same. Some of them are bigger, some smaller and we are always happy to change the room if our guest is not happy. I am sorry that you did not let us know about this during your stay. At the same time I have to say that I know all rooms in our hotel personally and that I cannot imagine that our bathroom would not fit two people at the same time or that a carry-on luggage would not fit into any of our rooms.

I am sorry to hear about the missing rubber seal from the bathroom door. This is certainly an omission of the cleaning staff and I am very sorry about this. We have already checked all showers in our hotel and made sure that the new seals are already in all rooms. Again, it is a pity that you did not let us know as the repair is a matter of a couple of minutes.

Unfortunately, I must disagree with one part of your review. I disagree with your statement that our hotel reviews are "not true". Every person is an individual and every point of view is subjective. So far three people, including you, though that our hotel is poor. We respect your opinion and will do our best to improve things that you pointed out. I believe that at the same time you should respect that 426 people thought that our hotel is excellent.

I have already tried to contact you by email, but received no answer. Because of that I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for using our hotel for you stay in Prague and one more time apologize for the fact that we were not able to meet your expectations.

Kind regards

Ondrej
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 September 2012

After nine hours trip from Washington, DC we landed in Prague on September 13th (Thursday) around 9:30am. This was our first time visiting Prague. A day before our departure, my husband was asking the hotel to provide us the taxi to pick us up in the airport.
The taxi driver from hotel has been waiting for us. The cost for taxi was 600 ckz and we paid cash. Thankfully for the hotel, they allowed us to check in early. Even better, one of the front desk staff (Victoria) was generously upgraded our room into suite room. We had red themed and fabulous view to the park. The room was comfy, neat and clean.
I won’t mind walked about 10 or 15 minutes from the hotel to the historic downtown district of Prague. Hotel location is quite and tranquil place to stay. If you want to ride the tram, it just takes you three minutes to walk which is not bad at all. Breakfast were delicious and plenty with hot and cold variety of local food.
We would like to taste the original meal from Prague.. They recommended to us to try “Olympia” Restaurant. It’s just five minutes to walk to taste a great meal over there.
Besides that, we asked the staff (Victoria & Pter) for any good recommendation tours for the first timer like us in Prague. The staff would be gladly to arrange our tours.
I’d like to say “Marvelous” for all employees at R&B Hotel. They are so helpful, informative and friendly. Thank you R&B for magnificent services and memorable stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple