“lovely hotel”

Ranked #73 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Halifax, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights recently and the rooms are nicely decorated, big comfy beds, pillows and a sofa in the room. the bathroom has a shower over the bath and everything was very clean and maids cleaned everyday. It is 10 mins walk to Charles bridge or hop on a tram at the bottom of the road. It is a quiet location but within walking distance of all sights. I would definitely stay a again a nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank louise b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Good location knowledgeable staff food at breakfast varied (not variable!) tasty, room very clean and bright. Before arrival we contacted the hotel to ask if we could have a double room rather than twin and bath rather than shower. Got very fast response to say no probs on both. Recommend you do same if you have a preference.

Would we go back to this hotel....probably!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GandTanytime
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed in the Red and Blue Design Hotel.. Its a modern hotel and being an Architect I loved the colour theme followed in the hotel spaces. Nice rooms ,good wifi connection in the rooms. We had only the breakfast buffet and it was phenomenal. Lots of option for vegetarian food as well. Its an interesting walk from the hotel till the bridge area with restaurants, shops, view of the palace from the streets... good connectivity to local transport as well. Over all our stay was memorable :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Swati0001
Romford, Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We loved the hotel, beautiful rooms and very clean. Also very central! We walked into the centre everyday and didn't have to take any transport. Great place to stay. The service on reception was excellent too, my friend locked her suitcase key in her suitcase and all the reception team rallied round to help here.
The only thing that let the hotel down, which is why it got 4 stars from me, was the breakfast. I didn't find it varied much and didn't really enjoy the experience but don't let this out you off.
The hotel was lovely, as was the service so I would definitely go back

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cihan1984
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed for ! night after returning from Karlovy Vary. Arrived late afternoon, receiving a warm and friendly greeting. We were very pleased when we saw our room it was very modern and everything was done to a high standard and thoroughly clean. We had all that we expected, free Wifi, tea and coffee making facilities, multi channel television, air conditioning etc. The bathroom was a good size with modern fittings and an over bath shower.We enjoyed a filling and tasty breakfast which set us up for the day ahead- the breakfast room was light and airy with plenty of room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JarrahUK
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Prague at red and blue design, staff were very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was unusual but loads of it and very nice and nice breakfast room
Down stairs bar was very quiet but nice and comfy
Hotel is about 20 minute walk from bridge area which is very busy and the old square is also very busy and the bars and more expensive than where the hotel was. The local bars near hotel were very traditional and very very cheap, so we were happy with location, would definitely go again although January was cold I can only imagine how busy it gets at Xmas time and during summer months, scenery is spectacular in this city especially Prague castle, very interesting and historical

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank wen68
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed for one night at the Hotel. I planned on staying another, but left in the morning because I didn't have a great experience.
The room itself was nice. If I'm pedantic the pillows were uncomfortable. And there was no bath, which is a shame.
The worst thing for me was the noise from within the hotel. My room was opposite the lift and I could hear EVERYTHING going on in the corridor outside.
At 8.30 am the cleaners were chatting outside my room for 45 minutes, just as I got up to complain they left. Then the next thing I know they are hoovering the room adjacent very aggressively! BANG BANG BANG! Against my bedroom wall. Nightmare, especially when hungover.
Wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Don't go to room 402
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LondonMT
Andy321, General Manager at Red & Blue, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear LondonMT

Thank you very much for using our hotel. Thank you also for your review.

I am glad you liked the room you were asigned. I am very sorry about your negative experience with the noise in the hotel.

I believe it is good to mention, that our hotel offers a pillow and duvet menu, so every customer has an option to ask for a wide range of pillows and blankets. I understand that when staying for one night it may not be worth it, on the other hand pillows and blankets are very individual thing and it is impossible to suite everybody with one kind - that is why we offer our pillow menu.

The noise described by you is certainly not acceptable and we have already discussed this with all hotel staff and made sure that something like this will not reoccur. Also the vacuming method described by you is not acceptable and we have already done arrangements to prevent this for the future.

Let me thank you one more time for using our hotel and apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Kind regards