“Conveniently located apartment for great price.”
Review of Pushkin Apartments

Pushkin Apartments
Ranked #21 of 660 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Conveniently located apartment for great price.”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed with Pushkin 4 nights. It was perfect for us, with all the basic amenities - washer, hair dryer, kitchen. The location is great, just off old town square and a short walk to the Charles Bridge. The bed was comfortable with a floor fan for the warmer evenings. The building is secure, and was on a street near a great brewery. If you don't need 24 hour reception and unnecessary luxury, this is a great and affordable place to stay for a visit to Prague.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Parislover_06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The location is absolutely perfect, a stone's throw from many of the major sights. Restaurants, cafés, and shops are all close by, and yet the apartments are wonderfully quiet (with closed windows). The neighbourhood, while central, is also perfectly safe, and the building is protected with multiple doors and locks.

We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful receptionist. The opening hours of the reception are a little odd (10 - 22h), but that was ok for us as we neither expected nor needed 24h reception service.

The apartment was very nice, spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was not exactly luxurious, but clean, sufficiently equipped and perfectly acceptable for the price.
My only peeve would be with the kitchen which, while providing all the necessary utensils in working order, seemed a little dingy. The handle of the fridge was broken off, the bottom of the pots and pans scratched, the soup ladle rusty. I wouldn't recommend cooking big meals in the kitchen, but it's nice for preparing ready meals or making coffee.

All in all, Puskin Apartments is certainly not a place for a romantic get-away, but it is great value for money, and a perfect alternative to hostels for travellers who value their privacy and some peace and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Niris_17
uk
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in early August and really enjoyed our stay. The young chap on reception was very welcoming on our arrival and was most apologetic that the internet was down. Not a problem for us, we didn't need it. Our apartment was on the top floor of the beautiful old building, and it took us 2 trips in the rather small lift from the 1st floor.
The apartment was very spacious and well equipped, the only fault we could find was the lack of air-con, it was very hot while we were there, and with the windows open there was a lot of late night noise.
The apartments are very well located, short stroll to main square or Charles bridge.
If we return to Prague we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mrgrumpyUk
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Apartments Pushkin is very centrally located in Stare Mesto, right smack between Charles Bridge and Old Town Square. For this location, the price of the apartments (and there are many types, suitable for different number of people) is really great value. For combination of the location and price, I highly recommend this hotel and within a week of being back from the weekend trip, I had already recommended this hotel to 3 different people.

My apartment was large and very clean. There is a cafe and restaurant associated with the hotel just outside where you can get 25% off. Very friendly staff, both at the reception and at the cafe.

However, the reception is only opened between 10am-10pm. If you arrive after 10pm, you have to give some warning but the latest they would stay to wait for you is probably until 10:30pm. I was very lucky. I arrived just at 10:30pm, just as the receptionist was locking up the front door. So, if you arrive after this time or before 10am, you might have to choose a different hotel as it would not be possible to check-in. The receptionist can be found in the next door cafe, if you should arrive within the opening hours but yet find the reception closed.

Kitchenette is fully supplied, including washing detergent + sponge. But bring your own shampoo and shower gel.

Receptionist and the staff of the cafe are very warm and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank aycanela
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 4 July 2013

It's almost impossible to fault Puškin Apartments. Superbly located on the corner of Karlova and Husova it is less than five minutes walk to either Charles Bridge or the Old Town square.

My apartment (16) was on the third floor and whilst there is a small lift I found it easier to use the stairs. Note, the room numbers do not in any way relate to the location of the apartments.

The bedroom was comfortable enough, with a proper double bed (albeit two mattresses next to each other), a couple of chairs and a small table to sit at. The WiFi was fast and reliable and there was a reasonable sized TV - though there were no English channels that I could find. The kitchen was a little small, but as it was used mostly for making tea in the morning (and keeping beer chilled!) that didn't concern me. The bathroom is large and the walk in shower both worked and was adjustable to a height for someone over six feet tall.

The weather the week I was there was incredible, with temperatures peaking at around 35°. This did, however, lead to my one minor issue - having the windows open at night can leave the apartment susceptible to street noise. In fairness Puškin Apartments can't be blamed for street noise, but it may be something for others to consider.

If I were to be overly critical I could say that the facilities were not as good as other apartments I have stayed in in the past - no English channels on the TV, maybe a toaster for the kitchen, but to be honest I wasn't looking for somewhere to live!

I won't simply recommend Puškin Apartments, I will say in all truth that it will the first place I check when I'm looking to visit Prague again in the future - and I visit often!

Room Tip: Rooms 7, 10 and 11 face the courtyard and will be a little quieter, though I think they are only sin...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank MartinBrierley
College Park, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Just returned from a visit to Prague and my experience with the people of the Pushkin Apartments totally made my trip ! The location is the VERY BEST, a block+ to the Old Town Square and the same to the Charles Bridge.... everything in walking distance !

But the people !! I accidentally showed up a day earlier than my reservation - I frantically went to Cafe Pushkin after 1130 PM and Petra, who runs the cafe every other 7 day period, saw me and found Eric, the concierge. Eric reopened the desk to find me a place to lay my head ! Then the next day Eric's main objective was my comfort and making sure all was well with my apartment and my days sightseeing.

Dinner that night renewed my acquaintance with Petra - Skilled host to Cafe Pushkin !! Petra is to Cafe Pushkin what Eric is to Apartments Pushkin - perfect and the reason to return.

I suppose I should speak about the accommodation: I had Apartment 16 and it was very nice, very comfortable and a perfect base for my 4 days in Prague. The option of the kitchenette was wonderful, but I couldn't resist having breakfast and dinner daily in Cafe Pushkin :)

Overall: please stay, you will be pleased with your choice. I hope you get the week that Eric and Petra are on - because that is a beautiful experience and not to be missed !

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank ShangriYa
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Pushkin... The location is simply superb... Five mins from clock, lady of Tyn church, old town square.... Location is simply brilliant. The wifi is brilliant. Rooms are neat n comfortable ... They gave me the room before the usual 2pm check- in which was really very kind of them.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo