“A pure seafood rhapsody”
Review of Giardino

Giardino
Ranked #789 of 5,542 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Italian, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vinohrady & Vrsovice
Prague, Czech Republic
“A pure seafood rhapsody”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I come to Giardino restaurant quiet often and it's now when I decided to write a review because after many meals I ate there, they never disappointed me. Recently I visited Giardino with my friends and we had seafood dinner. We shared Adriatico plate as a starter and it was simply fantastic. Seafood was fresh and octopus was one of the best ones I had in my life (similar quality I experienced in Tulum, Mexico)! After that we had fish on the grill and there was not a single complaint not only to freshness, but also execution. Bravo. We will be back for sure and I will definitely recommend this restaurant to many others. Thank you guys, I loved every bite!

• Visited November 2013

• Czech first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Late night dining with friendly staff”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Lovely Italian Restaurant with friendly wait staff. Had the gnocchi and it was delicious. Reasonable prices.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sumo35
“Mixed feelings...”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The restaurant is present every Saturday morning on the farm product market on Vltava River - "Náplavka". They serve fresh fish and sea products "a la plancha" and a very tasty Pleskavica as well. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

That´s the reason why we visited the restaurant for a lunch. It has a very nice outdoor seating – between buildings, but large and among trees. Very pleasant during summer.
It is a family run business, so the staff is not extremely professional, but very friendly…
I had a chance to taste about 10 dishes. They really do try, but one dish is very good, then the second just normal and the third much below average… Very inconsistent… I wonder why a Serbian owner chose to run an Italian restaurant? Why not Balkan style?

I will happily return to have a snack on Saturday on the market, but not in the restaurant since there are better “Italian” places for the same price in Prague.

• Visited July 2013
“Do not recommend”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Definitely do not recommend. I visited restaurant with my boyfriend and we ordered a fish. They presented fish as a fresh, but such a tough fish we never eaten before. If I complained, service was rude and let us paid whole price. For such a low quality the price was soo expensive. By the way, we were sick from the small piece of fish we ate.

• Visited August 2013
oxford
“A LITTLE EXPENSIVE BUT LOVELY”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Giardino is a little on the expensive side, and the wines especially so, but the atmosphere in the garden compensates. The waiters were particularly attentive. We would go there again for a special occasion.

• Visited April 2013