“Great base for exploring a GREAT city”
Review of Mosaic House

Mosaic House
Ranked #65 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed in the hotel part of Mosaic House - not the hostel. The hotel is great - clean, modern and stylish. The staff is really nice as well. We splurged and got a room with a terrace. The weather was not as nice as we hoped, so we did not get to sit out on the terrace as much as we thought, but it was still fantastic.

I have to say a word or two about the 'green' aspects of the hotel. This was a big factor in choosing the hotel. They use biogas and solar for energy, recycle water, have rooftop gardens and a bunch more features. I wish more hotels would do this.

Room Tip: If you can splurge, the terraces are great (especially after April).
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank d0ndequiera

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Ok, this hostel is not a fair example of what a hostel is.

The first time I walked in, I though that I was in an 5 star hotel. They have this big bar / restaurant and also a common room, just great! Everything is so well decorated so you just cant realize that you are in a hostel until you actually see more than one bed in your room.

It´s in walking distance of the main atractions, the rooms are clean, the bathrooms spotless, they have big lockers in the rooms, and the place is very safe.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The hotel was really nice, very trendy and modern decor! Loved the way the rooms were designed and decorated! We spent 2 night here and were really happy with the location as it was not in the heart of the city, yet only walking distance away from all the main tourist attractions, bars & clubs!

We only had one issue and that was the hot water in our room didn't work the first morning we were there and had to go out sightseeing unwashed and come back and have a shower. That was rather annoying as it took them over 30mins to get someone to come and check it and then we had to chase them to find out what was wrong and whether it would be fixed!

Other than that it was a lovely hotel and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Having stayed at c.20 hostels worldwide I can easily say this was the comfiest, cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in with bathrooms I'd expect of a 4* hotel. We (a group of 6 guys) stayed in an ensuite dorm for 3 nights in October 2011 and the only thing that this place lacked was atmosphere. It frankly isn't a hostel, which is great if you want an affordable base with hostel prices but hotel like quality, but the whole place felt compromised by being an upmarket hostel trying to also be a hotel. The bar/common area is huge and could be fantastic but had zero atmosphere, no volume on the TVs in case 'hotel guests' were disturbed as well as being shut on Saturday night so some event could be put on (charging guests to use what should be a facility).

Location is adequate, though a 15-20 minute walk from the main attractions. Would almost certainly stay here again if I visited Prage again (showers are almost worth the air-fare alone!) but I think it'll always be a bitter-sweet experience.....

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a double room (the hotel offers both hostel type shared rooms and private rooms). We loved the hotel design and our room was very comfortable (we got room 314). As Mosaic is also a hostel, the place offers a great lively atmosphere, which could be a nice change from more traditional hotels. Our rate included breakfast at Belushi's (the hotel restaurant) which had a great variety of choices. The hotel's location is good but not great. there is a metro and tram station around the corner and you can walk everywhere. though, the area didn´t offer a good supply of restaurants. hotel staff was friendly and ready to answer any questions you may have.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Me and my friend stayed in the hostel of the Mosaic House. We stayed in the female dorm for 26 girls and it was really a pleasant surprise. Because it was so cheap, we were kinda already anticipating something not right to happen, like maybe a dirty place, bad service or just something bad. But on the contrary! This is one of the best hostels I have stayed at! Literally one of the best. Though I didn't really sleep well because we somehow ended up with such noisy people in the room, but all by all, the beds were clean and we could store our backpacks right under the beds in some kind of roll out closets and for the ones who wonder if they can use a padlock, yes you can! But bring a big one. Not of those flimsy ones. The beds are bunker beds and I'd say ... Good luck with finding a quiet corner. The bathroom has like 4 toilets and 4 showers. And even though it's clean, I'd suggest you bring a pair of flipflops like I did. Hahaha, I'm just not to keen on stepping in someone else's hair. Service is really nice. Very friendly staff! I was sick and I could not speak up and the people of the hostel often asked me if I was alright and they offered me a lot of peppermint tea or just a hot milk with honey for free, saying that it was ok, cause I sound as if I need it. We left our luggage in their luggage room on our last day and they were really helpful with helping us to look up timetables for our ride back to the airport. Also check out their maps ( they will give you that once you arrive) they often have some interesting, nice little restaurants or places where you should go to. If you show them the map of the hostel, they will give you a 10 percent discount! Really, this hostel was AWESOME!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Most of the staff was friendly and helpful. Sleeping in the 16 person mixed dorm was nice because after the weekend not many people were there so I had a whole nook to myself. Clean and environmental - Donate your 2 euros! Apparently no one does...

I took both tours offered: a "4 hour" tour through the city and a bar crawl. I say "4 hours" because the group I was walking with took more photos than the paparazzi so it took quite a bit longer. The tour guide, Joshua, kept the tour focused on our interests and also laughing. Not a native but knows the history pretty well - If you read this CZ has a parliamentary representative democracy :P On the bar tour we were a small group of four which had me dubious until I started talking to the manager and guide who made the night unforgettable. So much fun!

Room Tip: The more people the more noise at all hours - bring earplugs.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo