Mosaic House
US$325
US$279
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Palac U Kocku(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$154
Travelocity
2,551 results
All reviewshotel hostella locashared roomsbed dormpub crawlthe ground floorclean roomsold townvisiting praguecharles bridgemosaicsbackpackersroommateslockeuropeensuitepraha
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here in August and thouroughly enjoyed it. We booked a room on the top floor with a terrace which was fantastic. The hotel room was decorated wonderfully and not just like a hotel room. The bathroom was great as well will a window that you could dim over for privacy. They could do with a roof over the terrace area as it gets quite hot sitting out there.
The hotel is in a convienient location with a tram stop close by but it is also within walking distance to the river and old town. We basically walked everywhere but did catch a few taxis back at night time from Old Town area and it was not too expensive. The people at the hotel will tell you how much you should pay for a taxi so you do not get ripped off.
We found the staff at the hotel to be attentive and willing to give information on things to see and do and how best to get there.
There was a night club downstairs and alway music playing in the main area, it was a great vibrant place to stay.
Lots of backpackers and they seemed happy with their accommodation. Breakfast was included when we booked, thankfully we had the confirmation email as when we asked for the breakfast they said we had to pay until we produced the confirmation email. Breakfast was good.
I would recommend to others staying in Prague, in fact already have. The room also had a mini bar, flatscreen tv, a safe. The rooms were also very secure and it was quiet even though a night club was happening. They could do with tea/coffee making facilities in the hotel rooms.
Oh and they had an outdoor eating/drinking area with a lovely little water feature.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed 3 nights from Sep 4th to 7th 2012. We took the public transport option from the airport to Karlovo Namesti via the yellow line, Mosaic House was ideally situated around the corner from this station.
As we arrived we were welcomed to a full bar area and music and checked in straight away, from a helpful receptionist. The room was amazing, very modern, and great touches to keep up with the 'green' eco friendly policies of the hotel.
The location was perfect, just away from the busy areas of Prague but close enough to walk too. 10 min to Old Town Square, 15 to Charles Bridge.
I hope to stay here again on future visits to Prague.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KBailey02
Reviewed 9 September 2012

For our second visit to Prague my partner and I thought we'd upgrade to a hotel rather than a hostel and settled on Mosiac House. Our stay was fantastic!

Firstly, it is really well located, a couple of minutes from the river and easy walking distance to most places. Secondly, it was exceptional value for money.

We checked in at around midnight and expected to walk into a quiet reception area with a skeleton night staff. Instead we walked into a lively bar area decorated with pop culture art, good music and a great atmosphere. We liked it immediately!

Our room was great! Clean and nicely decorated, very modern - I particularlly liked the gold tree branch clothing rail. The room came with a flat screen tv, a mini bar and safe. The bed was clean and comfortable. The pillows are AMAZING - (I've been trying to find the same ones for my bedroom at home ever since but have failed miserably!)

The bathroom was very modern and filled with interesting attention to detail like the frosted windows that are controlled by a light switch. The shower was wonderful and we made use of the complimentary robes and slippers.

We paid a little extra for a room with a terrace so our room was on the top floor. I think we were the only people on this floor because we didn't see or hear a peep from anyone else.

The hotel advertises itself as eco-friendly / energy efficient. This was reflected in the shutters on the windows that recognise whether you are in the room or not and open/close accordingly to maintain the correct temperature.

The bar downstairs was great. They have live music and theatre regularly and organised bar hop events. The bar staff were great, we met a guy from Leeds who gave us some great tips of places to go.

The breakfast menu was absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced.There was some confusion over our breakfast in the begining... When we booked the website said our booking included breakfast but when we arrived the receptionist said it didn't. I produced the booking confirmation and she gave us breakfast vouchers for the rest of our stay but we were not reimbursed for the mornings that we had to pay.

Overall, I can not sing the praises of this hotel enough! I would definately recommend it to others and would stay here again.

My only thought is that it seems to be a 'young persons' hotel. I probably wouldn't recommend it to my parents / grandparents.

P.S. If someone could please recommend a place where I can buy those pillows please let me know! x

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rebecca_louise88
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Great bar downstairs with good drink deals. Clean rooms with hot showers.
Fantastic vibe, very social.
Separate areas to use laptops and chill out.
Close to trams.
Storage available and easy to access.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I'm not an expert traveller but I can say I was very good at this hotel, staff was very friendly, rooms are clean and hi-tech. Breakfast was very good and there is even a common space where read or play table football!

The hotel is near a tram station and some night there was live music and you can sit and feel at home at the bar. Oh and there is Wi-Fi everywhere!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends