“Messed Up Reservation and No-Show Charge”
Review of Mosaic House

Mosaic House
Ranked #64 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I actually like this hotel/hostel. They have a nice bar and restaurant downstairs. In addition, the breakfast buffet is relatively generous.

However, they messed up my reservation and ended up double-charged me. When I showed up, they told me they could not find my reservation. Since they still had available beds, they just checked me into one of the 4-bed dormitory. However, later I was charged for a "non-show fee" (equal to one-night's charge). Even though going through booking.com and I was told that "no-show fee" will be re-credited to my account, it never did. The amount is relatively samll. However, I just ddon't think things like that should happen.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Saricie_Q
Gilles11, Director of Sales & Marketing at Mosaic House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Saricie,

Thank you so much for your review, I really appreciate it. Please accept my sincere apologies for this error. I am truly sorry and this should simply not happen. Please contact me personally at gilles@mosaichouse.com – I will do my outmost in order to solve this problem.

I look forward to hearing from you and do hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Once again, many thanks and I wish you a great day.

Gilles Oulevey

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

You need to stay at this hostel. Staff are amazing, facilities incredible and loads of other stuff that makes the stay worth while! We were here for 5 nights in a 8 bed dorm and I'd safely say it's the best value for money I've spent!

Honza makes a sick cocktail too!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Martina S, Social Media Strategist at Mosaic House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Jack,

Thank you so much for your review! Your kind words really made our day. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay at MOSAIC HOUSE. We hope we will see you in MOSAIC HOUSE sometime in the (not too distant) future! :)

Thank you so much and have a great day!

Martina Sulkova
Social Media Strategist

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My friend and I stayed at Mosaic House at the beginning of January this year. The rooms were great. Food was good and plentiful at the breakfast buffet. The staff were great - sometimes the waiters were too few - they battled but were phenomenal. An all round great experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you put the "do not disturb/clean room" sign up early!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I can't believe they call this a hostel and the dorm rooms are as cheap as they are. I definitely felt like I was staying in a luxury hotel for the price of 10 euro a night. Add to that the great location and the fact that the hostel has a bar/club in it and you should look no further when booking accommodations in Prague.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear asatmel,

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words, we truly appreciate it! We are also very happy that you liked the brand new La Loca MUSIC BAR & LOUNGE. We hope you will come back to MOSAIC HOUSE sometime in the future.

Thank you so much and have a great day!

Martina Sulkova
Social Media Strategist

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have to admit, going to Praha I didn't expect many of the hostels to be spectacular. I quickly discovered Mosaic House was the Exception! I stayed in a 8 Bedroom mixed Dorm. The room itself was very clean, modern with spacious single bunk beds, controlled lighting and air conditioning. Downstairs you will find a fantastic bar/club with a good restaurant if you feel like eating in house. The staff are more then friendly and will go out of their way to help you and speak awesome English for those who can't speak the best Czech. Each night the Hostel came alive with locals due to the live bands and Dj's which made it great to meet people. And for those inclined to drink there is a pretty good pub crawl that runs from the Hostel each night, (Bars and Clubs are Fantastic in Praha). It's location is very central and in close proximity to the must see attractions. Overall when I go back some day it's safe to say I will definitely be staying here again especially for such a great price! Cheers.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is a brilliant hostel! Reception, lobby and bar areas are like in a fancy hotel. There's a nice vibe around and entertainment most nights. I stayed in the female-dorm (about 20 beds) for two nights. All the girls were quiet and respectful, but still a bit of noise with so many in one room. It was super cheap though! The shared bathroom is modern and very clean.

The highlight was the walking-tour offered by the hostel each morning. It's tips-based, but definitely worth it. Our guide Adriana was a local student and had a wealth of knowledge of the city's history and was very personable. The tour was informal, fun and a great way to meet other travellers.

I couldn't recommend this hostel enough - I might go for a smaller room next time though!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

No way this should be treated as a city hostel which is not always outstanding accommodation. This place is a luxury hotel with all benefits - modern, spacious, clean and neat rooms, friendly staff, great bar (music club) and good restaurant with amazing hamburgers. As everywhere in Prague, parking is not really comfortable but you can easily find a spot within 200-300 metres around the hotel..