“Wonderful staff, wonderful rooms, wonderful location.”
Review of Mosaic House

Mosaic House
Ranked #72 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have known of Mosaic House for quite some time, being frequent travellers to Prague, but until now dismissed it presuming it to be exclusively for the young and stag/hen party crowds. (We are 42 & 50!). Any such concerns however immediately evaporated upon on our arrival. Not only were the staff incredibly welcoming and thoughtful but the mix of guests, hotel and hostel, young and old, backpackers and professionals, gave it a very nice vibe. We did not witness any bad behaviour from other guests (even the stag-do that insisted the groom-to-be wear a mankini and a group of “pirates” were very nice).

The staff at Mosaic House are wonderfully happy, helpful, professional and friendly. Smiles from staff everywhere at all times of day is wonderful to experience.

Our room was fantastic; modern, comfortable, quiet, clean and well appointed. Our bed was comfy and the décor up-to-the-minute; first rate and faultless.

The location is great, being tucked a little way back from a not too busy street, but only a few minutes walk from the city centre and with trams and an underground station just moments away.

We very happily stayed in one very rainy day in Prague, had Tapas in their in-house restaurant, La Loca, and then spent a quite a bit of time drinking (fabulous and low priced) cocktails in the bar.(Andrew makes fabulous cocktails – especially midori sours).

I know people have made negative comments on the breakfast buffet, however what they present seems to be the Prague hospitality standard. If you were disappointed here, you would have been disappointed most every other Prague hotel you stay in.

Mosaic House is now our new go to hotel in Prague, we can only hope they have room for us when we next book as this place is a wonder.

Room Tip: As they have music every night downstairs, live or otherwise, it maybe worth asking for a quiet room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Baishamao
Write a ReviewReviews (2,393)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. No free breakfast which was a small bummer, but everything else is great. My friend and I stayed in Your Room, the 16 bed dorm, and it was a nice and spacious room with big drawer-like lockers that rolled out from under the beds. Bathroom was nice, roomy, and clean as well. Bar and restaurant upstairs with live music (maybe bring earplugs, because sometimes the music comes through the floor late at night), and a really neat vibe with cool modern decor and funky sculptures out front and in the lobby. Lots of places to sit down and chill, plus a great free map made by locals with recommendations of tons of fun stuff to do. My map was tattered by the end because I was using it so much....super helpful. Also, this hostel is in a really good location, just up the street from the Dancing Building and only about a 10 minute walk from Charles Bridge and all the other city-center attractions. STAY HERE. It's super nice and super affordable!

Room Tip: If you're staying in Your Room (16 bed dorm) it's on the basement level, so sometimes music...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel part with my son the last week of May (after his study abroad in Prague) and was blown away by the quality of the hotel for the price. The room was smallish but plenty big for the two of us (two twin beds). It looked newly redone. The bathroom was comparable to 5 star hotels I've stayed at. Immaculately clean. Very generous breakfast buffet was included. (Lots of meats, cheeses, fresh fruit plus the standard fare). Great coffee. My son stayed an extra night in the hostel part and he was satisfied with his stay also. It is also centrally located and easy to get to the main tourist attractions. It does have a younger youth hostel vibe as there are a lot of 20 somethings. They do have a music venue on the ground floor, but we never heard any sound from it in our room. Definitely worth considering.

Room Tip: We stayed in the hotel part (as opposed to the hostel rooms) and had a good experience.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rickmarv
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I got to the hostel at 3 am to get 5 hours of sleep.
there was music playing in the lobby. so when I went up to the room I could not sleep.
I came to reception and asked for a solution, and man said he can't help me.
so I had to pay for earplugs so I can sleep.
I did not enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel rather than the hostel. The rooms were beautiful - very clean, modern, and spacious. Great location near the river and about 15-20 min walk to the center of Old Town. Bar / restaurant downstairs is also really convenient if you want to go out without going out.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in early May'14 when running the marathon in Prague. Hostel was imaculate, beautifully presented, very stylish - felt more like a hotel than hostel. Staff in bar/food/reception area where all really very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet is well well worth the minimal price as the range of foods in the all you can eat style is fantastic and constantly topped up. Ate here for dinner once and the food was very pleasant indeed. Cheap bar prices too.

Stayed in the 26 female dorm room - at the age of 39 im not sure Id do this again tbh - it was a lovely room & beds very comfy - secure lockers (take a padlock or buy one for a few pounds at reception) for each bunk so comfortable leaving possessions if out for the day. You can hire towels for your stay but they are more hand towel size - fine for a few days to be honest and again very cheap to do if you want to maximise on your suitcase space. Downside to the dorms was as to be expected it was mainly populated by young 20 somethings with little regard for keeping the noise down late at night/very early in morning - so ear plugs and eye mask are a must. But thats the only negative as the dorms are very cheap so perfect if on a budget. Im just maybe a little old in the tooth for that now & 3hrs sleep the night before a marathon just wasnt funny....neither was the 4hrs I only got the night after....not a relection on the hostel at all. But maybe a sign saying please respect others & turn mobiles to silent/try not to slam doors etc after 11pm or something might be appreciated as a gentle reminder....

But other than that a real gem of a find & I wouldnt hesisitate to go back there - will just take a double room next time though!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Suzanne184
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a fine hostel the bedroom was basic with 2 bunk beds, the shower room was very nice and clean, well stocked bar serving Czech beers. On the first night we ate in the restaurant we all had the burger with fries and it was one of the best burgers I have ever had for just over £5. Breakfast was buffet style all you wanted ( no bacon). Over all a great hostel and would book again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends