“Rooms need refurb ”
Review of Mosaic House

Mosaic House
Ranked #72 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Overall, our stay was around 70% quality. The bathrooms in the rooms were lovely, and very clean. However, the rooms weren't consistent with the bathroom. The beds were worn, the walls were marked, the room wasn't cleaned to a reasonable standard, the lockers in the room weren't functioning properly etc.
The staff on reception were helpful and friendly, however the staff on the bar/restaurant were rude and impatient.
A member of bar/rest staff didn't bring our change back from paying a bill "because he assumed it was a tip" - sorry but that's not the way it works. Tips are discretionary on behalf of the payer not the payee. In addition, he began to converse with another member of staff in Czech deliberately before giving us our money so we couldn't understand him. Funnily enough, we didn't give him a tip. Him and the other male member of staff also prioritised their attention on attractive, blonde girls which is pretty poor c/s and quite frankly, ridiculous.
Annoyingly, the wifi didn't work for 1 day and we were pretty much evacuated at 8am because of an electrical error.
The bar (cocktails good; food average) and location were good; having to pay for lockers when they could provide a luggage room for free was not.
Would come back but still needs a bit of work!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank lozorro92
Nah-Dja, General Manager at Mosaic House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Lozorro,

many thanks for the feedback towards Mosaic House. I appreciate the feedback and your way of looking at staying in our hostel. It gives me food for thought and great tips on how you look at our service. Some room to improve for sure, so many thanks.

I wish you happy travels and I look forward to your next stay!

All the best,

Nah-Dja, The Boss

Write a ReviewReviews (2,393)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Took about 30 mins from the airport with the car, 20 minutes walking from the train/bus/tram central station, clean and modern hostel, suit budget travellers needs. They have enough electricity plugs just remember to bring your own adaptor and your own padlock. Didn't try the breakfast, so I won't know how good could it be. Figured we have to pay 150czk for free flow breaky every morning. No towel and soaps but this is hostel so perhaps you just need to carry your own things. Party lounge just down there, nice guys and girls working at the bars but not from the ladies staffs at the reception counter! Although Prague is a nice town where beers are cheaper than water with awesome grilled meats and bread also a very touristy town, to what I have experienced myself, and after asking opinions around from some people I met during my trip (they came from different countries and backgrounds) we experienced almost the same thing, that we found out, some of the people who are working in the restaurant or as a customer services in general are having a very rude attitude. But we weren't very sure if this behaviour would only explode to tourists, so I am not gonna judge anything. The hostel has pretty good wifi even when you are in your room. They sell drinks too, at 30czk for a small water bottle, vending machines are there for different choices, I still suggest it is better to buy outside, supermarkets are open till evening and some supermarkets sells the same price for a 1lt water bottle. Money changer just right the across the hostel, you could find better rates if you walk a little further toward the old town square, take about 20 mins walking. They have lots of programs in the hostels, name it "free walking tour - every morning", well, not exactly free, it is tips based. "Bar crawls" where you pay certain amounts of czk and they will take you to different bars, "karaoke night" etc. We did join the Morning walk, was worth it. Cheaper than the city tour you book with a local agency.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Patricia,

many thanks for your well documented review of Mosaic House.
We appreciate your view of our hostel as well as our beautiful city.

We wish you great travels for the future and hope to see you soon again in Prague.

All the best,

Nah-Dja and the whole MoHo team!!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was extremely happy when I walked up to the Mosaic House and saw where is was staying, check in was easy and the staff very pleasant. Then the lady showed me down to the Oasis - in the basement by the cleaning closets. The sign on the door indicated modern nice space, however, I was disappointed. The renovations I'd read about we're not exactly modern and luxurious. Now don't get me wrong, I understand I'm staying in a hostel! But the beds are ancient, hard to get in and out of, very close to the ceiling if on the top bunk, light fixtures and plugs not great. Maybe I got the short straw, but I had no storage compared to the other bunks and only 1 plug between 2 beds! The bathroom was nice enough, good showers and clean, 2 hair dryers and nice sinks. But they need to upgrade the sleeping area. I wish I had just paid a bit more for a different room.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Clean rooms, clean bathrooms, and a friendly and helpful staff. Mosaic House has a fun atmosphere, and a great location. Good food at the hotel bar too! I definitely recommend staying here if you are a student. Most of the guests were young and traveling through Europe. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Nah-Dja, General Manager at Mosaic House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Taylor ,

We really thank you for the great review that you posted on Tripadvisor! Much appreciated. It is always great to get feedback from our guests. I keeps us striving for more happy guests in future bookings.

Happy travels and positive smiles from Prague!

In the name of the whole Mosaic House team

Nah-Dja Tien
The Boss

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Mosaic House is the place to be if you're looking to party. The lobby bar was always packed with people, dancing and loud music. Drinks and food are decently priced. French fries were amazing! Music was always fun - 80s/90s or dance. Very clean lobby. Stayed in a 26 bed, all female dorm. Dorm was suprisingly clean for having 26 girls in it. Each bed had a lock drawer under it (need your own lock), a plug and a personal light. Staff smoked outside the door to the room though and left it open so our entire room stunk of smoke the entire time. It was disgusting. Only 3 toilets and 3 showers for 26 girls. The water kind of smelled in the sinks. Think someone may have puked in them though. Mosaic House is in a good location. 15 minute walk to Charles Bridge and the 5 story night club.

Room Tip: The top bunks near the back of the 26 bed, all female dorm have a personal light but it doesn't...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This place redefines the meaning of a hostel. Having a restaurant/bar/lounge & rooms (bathrooms) comparable to a nice hotel.
The beds are comfy however climbing onto the top bunk is quite difficult.
The staff are very helpful, food is delicious (though drinks, not so great)
It's clean, spacious, & modern -high recommend it
Thanks!
A+A

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I loved Mosaic House! We stayed in the "hotel" part, and booked a terraced room (all terraced rooms are up on the top floor). We didn't hear a thing from the bar downstairs. It was fun having a young crowd of people staying at the hotel, as we are in our late 20's and early 30's.

Reception was extremely helpful and friendly. I needed to use their phone to call about a late airport shuttle and they didn't bat an eye, even dialing the number for me and making sure we were all sorted.

The food was also very good at breakfast. I probably ate too many croissants, but they were amazing! Also, we enjoyed a couple drinks at the bar, which were inexpensive and very good.

We liked the location- it's only a couple blocks from the river and is in New Town. There are trams and metros all around the hotel which take you wherever you need to go, but we actually walked everywhere.

Also, the furnishings in the room were great. We even had robes and slippers. It has its own air conditioning which is handy. Everything was very clean and modern.

I would recommend this for younger travelers for sure, although there were some older couples as well.

We loved the free walking tour we took, which left from the lobby. It was very convenient to just show up at 10:30, and we learned a lot! I guess they do that every day.

I could go on and on but to sum it up, we would definitely recommend staying at Mosaic House!

Room Tip: The rooms with a terrace are on the top. You don't hear any noise if you choose a terraced room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nah-Dja, General Manager at Mosaic House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Haley,

we thank you for the time you took, to write your amazing review about Mosaic House. We appreciate it!!
We constantly strive to make our services better and your feedback is invaluable in the process. So happy travels and keep on promoting Mosaic House!!

In the name of my whole team,

Nah-Dja Tien