Mosaic House
US$364
US$277
Preferred Hotels
2,560 results
All reviewshotel hostella locashared roomsbed dormpub crawlthe ground floorclean roomsold townvisiting praguecharles bridgemosaicsbackpackersroommateslockeuropeensuitepraha
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Excellent hostel. Staff are very friendly, they printed our boarding passes, showed us where to go in the city and let us leave our bags in their locker room after we had checked out so that we could explore the city without bringing our bags around with us. Good bar with a DJ in the hostel where everyone parties until late. Walking distance to the big nightclubs. Would definitely recommend anyone to stay there!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have to admit, we were slightly concerned when we first arrived in the lobby of Mosaic House. We were welcomed by two LONG lines of young backpackers, loud music, and an obnoxious drunk man. After a not-so-charming hotel experience in Salzburg, we looked at each other and wondered if we made a mistake staying a hotel/hostel combo in Prague. We were wrong!

Our hotel room was luxurious. It was on the 5th floor, away from all loud club music. It was clean and spacious. The bathroom was huge for all the hotels we've stayed at in Europe! The shower. Don't even get me started on the shower. It was an open shower with the most delightful, pressurized rainfall showerhead. The double bed was a real double, not two twins pushed together. It was firm and comfortable.

Unfortunately, the AC was broken and it was warm the first night we were there. I called the front desk for assistance to no avail. But the front desk did comp us with a free breakfast the next morning. Fortunately, the weather cooled down enough for us to keep the windows open at night.

What I thought was really cool about the hotel was that it was a "green" and "smart" efficient hotel. I sure wish hotels in the US were equipped with this technology.

The hotel/hostel is also conveniently located across the metro lines, a 10 minute walk to Wenceslas Square, a 10 minute walk to the Old Town, and lots of places to eat nearby.

This is definitely the best hotel we have ever stayed at, in Europe and in the US.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rx4foodies
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely stay in mosaic house. Really cool modern hostel. Great atmosphere and a fab bar. There was a real hotel feel in this hostel. So some small issues we had were that there was no kitchen facilities and the air conditioning was not very effective. But we loved this hostel for our visit to Prague!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here in a private ensuite room (without breakfast which was at 6 EUR per person) in August. Previous guests had rated this place well and the price seemed reasonable for Prague (which is not very cheap for hotels). The hotel mainly caters to a hostel crowd, as they have a lively bar in the lobby and shared rooms.
What I liked about this place: location, the design and size of the room and bathroom, the quality of sleep (we couldn't hear the music from the lobby, only some corridor noise), the staff during check-in.
What I didn't like was that they are really strict about the check-in times, you can't occupy a room earlier, so when we arrived at 1 pm, we were told to put our stuff in a locker. We didn't have any Czech crowns on us, so I withdrew some cash from the ATM and asked a waitress for change. After that it turned out all the lockers were occupied, I got annoyed and so we returned to the receptionist, who led us to a spare room where other suitcases were stored, fortunately for free.
I also didn't like the quality of the food and wine at the restaurant, ordered a Mexican salad with cilantro, and lime dressing, and had a hard time tasting either. The house wine was not worth mentioning (should have stuck with the beer). The cocktails at the bar are cheap but too strong. The barmen are very entertaining but I doubt that they have any proper training in mixing cocktails. Stick to the beer!
Nevertheless, my overall impression is postive. I would recommend this place to my younger friends.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was an excellent value hostel. The beds were comfortable, large lockers were available, and the bathroom was huge! The bar and club underneath were great, although make sure you grab some earplugs. It was a really social hostel, not too far from the city centre, with really helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo