“A good coffee stop en route to castle”

Santini's Bar & Cafe
Ranked #4,258 of 5,535 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Czech
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Bath, United Kingdom
“A good coffee stop en route to castle”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Little bar and cafe to stop at in the Lesser Quarter up the hill towards the castle.It is part of the hotel and on the roadside a little way up on your right.Lovely coffee,service, and quite frankly the best brownie I have ever tasted in my life! So good that I visited again when I was in the area and had another one!

• Visited June 2012

New Zealand
“Private and personal”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

It's not often you can relax with a drink or snack in a 500 year old cafe

Visited May 2012
Naperville, Illinois, USA
“Apple Strudel and Honey Cake”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We had a long (and rainy) walking tour of the Prague Castle / Pražský hrad, my sister and I were making our way down the castle hill along Nerudova street. This stretch along the side of the castle hill is full of beautiful boutique hotels, shoppes and cafes. Really nice.

It was mid afternoon and the Santini Bar & Cafe still had people eating in it so we stopped in. They offered a simple luncheon style menu; we both ordered bacon, lettuce, tomato and egg sandwiches. It was freshly prepared and nicely presented. We offered our complements to the chef! Well it turned out the chef was also our server; she proudly told us that she also made the apple strudel and honey cake. So we had that for desert; wonderfully fresh and tasty!

Just so you know, I have never had honey cake before. Our waitress/chef insisted that one of us try it (I really wanted strudel) -- I tried it; loved it!

It was a really nice friendly place to stop for lunch. The other tables had dogs; they were both friendly and stopped by to check us out. It was ok.

After our late lunch we made it the rest of the way down the hill to the nearby Lessor Town Square / Malostranské náměstí and we toured the St Nicholas Church / Kostel svatého Mikuláše and then walked over the famous Charles Bridge / Karlův most. And yes, it was still rainy.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank jkozik
Ankara, Turkey
“A wonderful break from the rain”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

It was raining as we were walking this part of town and we decided to stop in to take a break. The cafe was quite cozy and pleasant. The waiter was very friendly and attentive. We enjoyed our hot beverages and the chance to just absorb all that we had been seeing in Prague. There is a hotel attached to the cafe which seems very nice. The lobby was pretty and had an atrium. For a longer stay in Prague I would consider this hotel. Back to the cafe, a lovely experience on a cold and wet day. I would go again.

• Visited December 2011
Paris, France
“great apple strudels :)”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

loved this little café!
it was just across to the place I stayed and we went there for breakfast one morning, and the apple strudel was very pleasant :)

Visited January 2012