“Tourist trap - AVOID” 2 of 5 bubbles

Pizzerie U Costella
Ranked #3,431 of 5,323 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Wellington, New Zealand
“Tourist trap - AVOID”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We searched for a while looking for somewhere reasonably priced whilst over the other side of the Charles Bridge.

We both ordered pastas, but it seems that most patrons were having pizza. My partner was told a while after ordering that she will be having spaghetti as that is all there is available (three types of pasta were offered on the menu).

I was served the wrong meal and the waiter told me that was what I had ordered and was very unhappy that I made him send it back to the kitchen.

The food was OK, but for the price I expected more. Some simple extras like cracked pepper or Parmesan would have helped.

We asked for our bill then after 15 of it not arriving I went to the front counter. The waiter was angry I did this and kept asking me what number table was I at (how would I know , there are no numbers!). One of this dishes we ordered was a special of the day but appeared on the bill at full price. After trying to explain this I gave up and paid. I also felt further ripped off having 10% service added to the bill when there was no mention of this anywhere on the menu or in the restaurant.

Summary: overpriced basic food and terrible service - avoid!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
York
“Enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

This was a follow on from having eaten next door previously. The staff were friendly and our order was quickly taken. We both opted for pizzas and they were very good and made freshly to our specification. If we return to Prague which we hope to we would certainly go back. Its easy to find over the Charles Bridge.

• Visited May 2013
“It's good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Good pizzas and meals, nice decor undestairs.
I recommend trying the soup, served in a container made of bread, which of course eating.

Prague
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

I went this restaurant, ordered chicken and pork something. They were too hard to eat. It was one hour before the restaurant close time, the waiters don't want to take customers. And kept looking at us like why don't you just eat your food and get out. And the most ridiculous thing was the cost. They charged us for the napkins and breads(we didn't even ordered and hardly ate them). Be aware thay you have to pay for the stone breads and only one paper. and overpriced. I payed like double of the original price because of the napkins and breads. Terrible restaurant and the worst choice I've ever made.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Notodden, Norway
“Mixed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

The first time we were here, we ate in the cellar and got a delicious meal.
When we returned, based upon the previous experience, we were seated upstairs and given food that tasted microwave-heated. The last visit ruined a lot of the first good impression we had of the place.

Visited August 2012