“Terrible service”

Pizzerie U Costella
Ranked #3,375 of 5,821 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighbourhood: Malá Strana (Little Quarter)
Neighbourhood: Malá Strana (Little Quarter)
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We sat down for a cup of coffee. After sitting a while without any waiter coming to take our order, my husband finally had to raise his hand to get the waiters attention. We got our drinks, during the time we sat there we saw two or three groups of people sit down, wait for one of the three waiters that stood in the doorway of the restaurant laughing and talking to one another to come and take their order, when that didn't happen they stood up and left. It took a while to get the check and when we got it they had added an extra servicecharge, something the menu didn't say anything about. Never again.

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We ordered the Gulasch in a bread cup. It was good but did not really stand out in any way. It's located in a pretty touristy location.

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We searched for a while looking for somewhere reasonably priced whilst over the other side of the Charles Bridge.

We both ordered pastas, but it seems that most patrons were having pizza. My partner was told a while after ordering that she will be having spaghetti as that is all there is available (three types of pasta were offered on the menu).

I was served the wrong meal and the waiter told me that was what I had ordered and was very unhappy that I made him send it back to the kitchen.

The food was OK, but for the price I expected more. Some simple extras like cracked pepper or Parmesan would have helped.

We asked for our bill then after 15 of it not arriving I went to the front counter. The waiter was angry I did this and kept asking me what number table was I at (how would I know , there are no numbers!). One of this dishes we ordered was a special of the day but appeared on the bill at full price. After trying to explain this I gave up and paid. I also felt further ripped off having 10% service added to the bill when there was no mention of this anywhere on the menu or in the restaurant.

Summary: overpriced basic food and terrible service - avoid!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

This was a follow on from having eaten next door previously. The staff were friendly and our order was quickly taken. We both opted for pizzas and they were very good and made freshly to our specification. If we return to Prague which we hope to we would certainly go back. Its easy to find over the Charles Bridge.

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Good pizzas and meals, nice decor undestairs.
I recommend trying the soup, served in a container made of bread, which of course eating.